Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

head bangging

hello all you mums

i have a two year old son who head bangs walls and hard floor is there any one who can help me with this please as i have tryed g.p and health vister and noone is willing to help me and my husbard my name is lee-ann:\?

Replies

• hi there dont worry too much i have exactly the same problem with my 15 month old, he slowly progressed from biting me to biting and hitting himself to headbamging. i saw my health visitor AND she said its really common she said simply to ignore him, walk away and dont even look at him when he does it, obviously unless hes really hurt himself. its been really hard to do but my l/o is slowly stopping doing it and actually hasnt done it now in about a week.
    also ive found tryin to remeber what sets off the tantrums and trying to avoid the situayion really helps, like my l/os are uaually out of frustration if he cant do something so if i spot one coming up ill help him to do what he wants.
    hope this helps,
    jodie:roll:
  • Hiya,
    My son is a year and a half. When he turned 1 he started doin' that. He would belt his little head off anything that was solid. He done it for about 3 months. Then he just stopped. Everyone I asked at the time said all little boys go tru this, as soon as they discover climbing and bouncing on chairs etc., they just forget to bang their heads so much.
  • me and my husbard have had this for about 2 years now and i am scard that he will knock himself out one of these days and our one year old has pick up on it they both sceam and bang their heads and hit their selfs when we say no but the more we tell them the more they do it i am finding it so hard girls
  • me and my husbard have had this for about 2 years now and i am scard that he will knock himself out one of these days and our one year old has pick up on it they both sceam and bang their heads and hit their selfs when we say no but the more we tell them the more they do it i am finding it so hard girls
  • i know its really hard it makes your life a misery doesnt it? i really feel for you but dont even tell them no im sure at 2 he knows he shouldnt do it just totally ignore it. give it a try for a week and see if it makes a difference cos it affects your life and your partners and its not fair on any of you ,
    jodie