Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

She is growing up!

I know this is silly, but im a bit emotional as i changed Jessicas high chair into a table and chair this morning, i had to do it as it was hurting my hand trying to get her in and out!
She thought it was brilliant though and sat nicely eating her breakfast.

If i feel like this about a high chair, god knows what i will be like when she goes to school!

Replies

• Hi Simone,

Any change is emotional, whether they are being moved from a cot to a bed or going up a stage in clothing, or as you say, no longer having the high chair.

It is not silly, it's just reality hitting you, and as far as school goes you might surprise yourself, I was expecting to be an absolute wreck but didn't shed one tear!!
  • Oh bless, Simone it is natural to feel like this about our babies growing up. I'm glad she like her new table and chair xx
  • Awww hugs Simone As the girls say I think everyone feels like that so you shouldnt feel silly

Glad Jessica likes her new chair though
  • aaah Simone, time for another one me thinks!!! X
  • Definitly time for another one, but we will have to wait until at least next year!

She has just had her lunch, in her big girl chair and loved it, the problem was she had a paddy when i got her of the chair
  • Ah Simone, bless you!!

I felt a bit like that too when Katelin went into a forward facing carseat.

At least you know you can have another baby!!!

I bet Jessica loves it
  • Thats true Lucy and yes Jessica does love it, she keeps going into the kitchen to sit on the chair and do drawing!
  • Oh bless Simone, i'm exactly the same with Cameron. I usually go and have a little Mummy cry while i hide in the fridge!! lol

Glad she likes sitting on her chair at the table, you'll have to post a pic so we can see her!!!
  • Ahhh simone, i totally symathise with you, i've only just been ableto make use of ambers highchair and already she doesn't need it as much!

Like the oothers have said, enjoy her new table and look forward to baby number 2!!! xxxx
  • I'm the same when jd does something new, he sat in a high chair in a restaurant for the first time the other day and i had lump in my throat.
    Hope we can see a pic of her all grown up at her table
  • Awww Simone, it certainly does sound like you need another baby!!!

Jessica is indeed growing up, as they all are! Every day Bronwyn amazes me with something new. Enjoy and savour every moment! I have just been given a lecture by Gareth about capturing EVERYTHING new for him on camera!!! I could be away from PP for a few years at that rate as i'll be busy with my camera!!!!!
  • Lol Caroline!!!
  • oh bless her that is so sweet
  • Simone you are right when they first go to school it is really hard. Glad Jessica is enjoying using her table and chair.
  • Sarah that is a bit of a 'moment' when they sit up nicely when you are eating out rather than in the pram/buggy or snuggled up at your feet in the car seat. God im feeling broody now!!!
  • Thanks girls, if the new forum will only let registered users see the posts then i will post a picture!
  • I'm really hoping they take our suggestion on that, lots of other forums do it so you have t be registered, it's mich better xx
  • I have heard from Susie Boone and she has put it to the web guys as she understands the concerns we have. Lets hope they can do it.

xx
  • oooh you got a reply Zoe!! Thats great xxx
  • tha would be good if they did