Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

am i toooo old??

please can anyone offer me some advice?
i have three children 20years 17 years and 12 years old
2007 was avery bad year for me...
i had a miscarriage in january at 12weeks pregnant...then i had another miscarriage again at 12 weeks on the 30th october....
im 44 years young
and ive been with my partner for 5years...im desperate for a baby...i cant stop crying....
please can anyone offer me some advice?:cry:

Replies

• I wish you luck for 2008, keep trying xxx
  • Keep trying n good luck. I was told i was going through the change!! I'm 42 n lo is 16wks old. Never say never. Stay positive. x
  • Really feel for you. I was told I was menopausal at the age of 30 but after a failed IVF attempt I split with husband and when I met my new partner I fell preg straight away. I know age is a factor but it is only 1 factor in many so if you can improve the others you may find it hits the spot !!!
    Best of luck xxxxxxxxxxx
  • please can anyone offer me some advice?
    i have three children 20years 17 years and 12 years old
    2007 was avery bad year for me...
    i had a miscarriage in january at 12weeks pregnant...then i had another miscarriage again at 12 weeks on the 30th october....
    im 44 years young
    and ive been with my partner for 5years...im desperate for a baby...i cant stop crying....
    please can anyone offer me some advice?:cry:

Dear Donskibeat,

I too am 44 years old and have just miscarried my first pregnancy. Do I try again??? At least you do have other children to look upon. I have been with my husband for nearly 5 years aswell and it would just be lovely if we could have a child together. Is our age an issue, or are we just made to feel that way, so that we are not disappointed??????

Keep in touch.
  • Huni
    44 is not to old to try again. As long as your ovulating your young enough to have a baby. I don't believe age is an issue. I'm 39 & my partner is 46 we have a 13yr old daughter & 13month old son. Good luck and enjoy practicing xxxx
  • Catsmother and Donskibeat there is definitely hope. I miscarried my first at 7 weeks (when I was 42) but became pg again 3 months later. I am now 18 weeks. As we felt time was precious, we invested in an ovulation predictor (where you wee on the sticks). We used this successfully on both occasions. It has been worth every penny (just over ??100). Please do not give up hope. Julie x