Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeling low!!!:(

Hi girls.
As the title says I am feeling really low tonight. Been to docs and she confirmed what the receptionist said the other day that all hormones came back normal!! so wht the hell are my cycles so bloody irregular and currently on cd18 and no sign of ovulation - still reading low on cbfm!!!! into month 11 now and its starting to get me down!!!! doc has referred me but says it could be 3-4 months coz I am young etc and said to contiue to lose weight!!! I asked her if she could give me something to try and regulate my periods and she said no I would have to wait to see consultant!!!

sorry for the moan and rant but needed to write it down - been crying quite a bit!!!

xrachex

Replies

• so sorry to hear that Rache. I am feeling low myself tonight as AF has just kicked in in full force after 2 days of threatening - and me not able to stop hoping that she wasn't going to come at all. I am really starting to hate TTC and the uncertainty of if/when it's going to happen for us. Your situation sounds so frustrating. It's so hard just to wait and be so helpless to make it happen isn't it? x
  • yep it sure is!!! how long you been tryin hun??? I am actually into month 12 from 4th July but still only on cycle 7 due to my stupid cycles!!!!! one of my friends had her baby last friday and my best friend is due at end of July and so it is a little harder with new babies etc around!!!!
    just hope it happens for us soon!!!!
  • hiya - I've been trying since Jan so just into month/cycle 7. I'm going the opposite way to you as my cycles are getting shorter so ov and AF keep taking me by surprise by coming early!! One of my good friends is 6 months pg having conceived in Jan - I was convinced we'd be bump buddies but it just isn't happening for me yet and each month it gets harder to stay optimistic doesn't it?
    Oh well let's hope it's lucky cycle 7 for us both!! x
  • GOOD LUCK FEEBS XXX
  • Thanks Rache! Good luck to you too. Lots of PMA for us both!! xxx
  • Ah Rache - sorry you're feeling crap sweetie. I am lucky not to suffer from irregular cycles but I know a lot of the girls here take agnus castus. Have you tried that? Also, the referral might come through quicker than you think. I had my 21 bloods done last cycle (came back normal) and we have our first consultation tomorrow xx
  • sorry your feeling rubbish at the moment....xx

i dont know what else to say tho,as i have regular cycles etc,sorry xx
  • Hi Rache

I know how you feel - I came off the pill at the end of last August and since then have only had 4 cycles and am on day 46 of my fifth cycle. The longest of these being 89 days!! I went to see my doctor in May partly as cycles so long but also because I was having a lot of mid cycle spotting that was getting me down - he sent me for blood tests but basically said it was all because I was overweight and if I got down to a healthy bmi it would all be fine!!

My blood tests came back 'normal' the same as yours and to be honest I haven't got the heart to go back again just to be told its because I'm overweight. I don't see how my hormones can possibly be normal with 89 day long cycles and 2 -3 weeks spotting at a time but hey ho.

I know its not much help to you but just wanted to let you know that other people are in the same (crap!) situation.

Good luck and hope you're feeling happier soon

CJ x
  • Can't really add anything from experience but I can see how frustrating it must be. Hope you feel a bit better soon, xxx
  • Hello Rach...so sorry you are feeling down.

The road of ttc for some is a long and rocky one...and certainly not one I was prepared for!
    I don't suffer with irregular cycles but I can imagine how frustrating it is for you, not knowing what the hell is going on with your body...especially as everything is coming back clear.

I am on cycle 15 now and also finding it hard...some days are better than others. Alot of friends are pg or have little ones (some fell pg straight away, others took a while and some had help) and I agree it doesn't help when there are babies everywhere and you want it so bad...it hurts. I know what the pain feels like and is certainly not something you could explain to anyone...only another lady in the same position could understand.

Take it as a good thing that all the tests are coming back clear...I know it is frustrating, as in a way you want a reason to be able to understand what is wrong with your body and why things are taking so long....but take comfort that all things are normal.

I had lots of tests too, all of which came back normal too. The only reason I have just had a lap and dye is because I am 33 now (dh 43) and we had hit the year mark of trying with no success.

All came back fine with the lap, only thing was my ovaries were stuck to some other organs...but they said that wouldn't hinder my fertility anyway.My tubes are clear, no sign of endometriosis or cysts, which is great. I go back in Sept for a follow up appt and if not pg by then, they will prescribe me clomid (even thou as far as aware I do ovulate) as clomid is the next step after a lap and dye. DH's SA was absolutely fine, so no worries on that front...so we will just wait and see. I hope and pray for my BFP soon...sometimes it feels like the more I want it, the further away it seems to get image

I used the cbfm when we first started trying but to be honest I found it made me obsess more and DH hated it...so I stopped. I do try to chill out about ttc but it is so hard when you want to be a mummy so much.

I stuggle with my weight too...need to lose about 1.5 stones...have been doing weight watchers and that has helped alot. Good luck with your appts...unfortunately they do take ages to come through and the waiting is awful...but you feel better that you know the ball is rolling.

The good thing is, we are all here for each other for support and advice. I am so very sorry for the very long post...I just wanted to say I know how you feel and I hope and pray for your BFP too very soon. Good luck Rach x

• Sorry you're feeling low...

if it's any help before I got my last BFP I did a course of acupuncture to regulate my cycle. It did work but sadly ended in a mmc...

It might be worth a try. I might go back to it myself now we're starting to ttc again as my LP seems quite low now (poss 10 days) and I spot for a few days too.

Hope it works out for you.

xx
  • Hi Rache that's rubbish and I hope you feel better soon.

I have quite irregular periods so I started taking Maca, dont know if it is just coincidence but they seem to be much more settled now. I've stopped taking it this month after taking it for 5 months so I'm hoping i can stay regular myself!

You can buy it from here
    http://www.foryourhealth.co.uk/store.asp?pid=31

hope this helps xxx