Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PP and Update on my POAS

PP I am sooooooo happy for you, I just knew it was your month! I hope you have a H & H 9 months, I hope to join to soon. I cried when I saw your results, you deserve your bundle of joy.

I'm sorry I haven't been on to update but we stayed at friends and this is my first chance to get on the laptop.

Well Fri morn I poas and it was -ve so we went out that night and I really let myself go and drank too much really. Ended up getting sooooo many AF cramp though so felt like I totally deserved it. AF didn't start up and still hasn't.

So today CD32 I thought I may aswell POAS again. It was neg but I ended up looking at it again and saw a shadow of a line which was 5 mins after the 30 min time limit. I'm totally assuming that this was an evap line, hell I'm not even sure if I'm imagining it to be there anyway as I saw it but only in one spot in the house when I stared sooooo much much at it. It looked like it would be in the right place anyway. I guess it could have been there 5 mins before as you can't even see it at all really. I doubt it though as I guess I stared at it loads of ties anyway and it does say that a neg can be read after 5 mins etc.

I feel like af's on the way and have no other symptoms, well i have had CM in the past couple of days which is a first for the month but nothing heavy and I'm soooo sure AF is almost here.

I feel so sick now that I've seen the shadow but I'm sticking with the assumption of evap line as I can't let myself get built up over anything. If AF doesn't arrive today should I test again tomorrow or leave it for a coupe of days?????? Who am I kidding right! HELP!

Replies

• Well sorry to butt in but i say poas tomorrow, make suer you do within the time limit though and sit and look at it and nothing else, only way to find out.
    If you do get a bfp will be first one in april to do so. Fingers crossed and babydust.
    Filo x
  • Hi Filo,

You're not butting in at all hun, I just put PP as I hadn't congratulated her yet.

OK I'll poas tomorrow morning and give it my undivided attention for the whole 30 mins. I've never had an evap line so I'm not sure etc but as it's only a shadow then it could be. The line is sooooo much of a shadow that only a poas addict would see it. I'm home alone though so I'm my own worst enemy this morning. It's a one step ebay test, have you any experience of them?

I seriously need to get a grip, my hands are shaking and I feel sick, it's going to be one long day/night.

I want this soooo badly so if the witch is listening in then please stay away.

Thanks for your reply Filo, I'll keep you updated.
  • yes have used e bay tests before and they are quite narrow to read properly when looking at a faint line.
    Evaps are normally colourless and appear right near end of time limit.
    Don't worry bout te witch i have pepper spray and yes you may use my cupboard, just mind your elbows!!
    Filo x
  • Good Luck Porky, at least one of the friday poas stick group deserve BFP!!!! lol!!!

keep us posted!!!
  • Filo - I'll keep in my elbows and cross my legs tight, nothings coming in or out, LOL! The ebay tests are stupidly thin but nice and cheap so won't mind doing another in the a.m. The shadow was so faint but would say more grey if anything at all, wouldn't really give any colour as it's really so faint it's probably in my head. I guess I am a couple of days late though so that's good (if I got a BFP that is). I've also got back ache but that could be af too.

Time will tell!
  • danipink, I promise I do deserve a BFP, LOL. I think I'm building myself up for a big let down here but the lack of AF is a good thing, I hope.

Thanks for your reply hun
  • hey Porky, thanx for the congrats hun. Still in shock I think!

Dont give up yet! A negative must be sooo disappointing, but whilst af stays gone there is still hope! Test again tomorrow hun, fmu, and keep an eye on that test! Really really hoping and praying that its a bfp for you chick. Sending tons of pma and babydust xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev343pr___.png

• Hi PP, I'm not surprised you're still in shock, I think I'd need a bump to believe it! How are your symptoms doing? How many tests did you do? I bet I'd pee on all the sticks I'd got left, LOL.

This morning I think my PMA went a bit too far the other way although now it's gotten a bit low again. I stupidly kept the darn test and the shadow has gone and was no doubt an evap line. It was past the 30 mins anyway so don't know why I got so excited. My DH wasn't very helpful as he saw the test and is convinced that I was seeing things and now I'm starting to think that I was too. I'm not saying that I saw a line but thought there was just something, maybe.

The good news is that a.f isn't here so there is hope. Have got some back ache and some cramps but that could mean anything. I'd give anything right now to get a BFP. The fact that I said I wanted to be your bump buddy and now have no a.f and you have got your BFP is making me look into this too much. I'd better stop this nervous waffling now, I guess I'll be poas in the a.m so will update after.