Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advise from CBFM users please x

This is my first month using CBFM and on CD16 i am still getting lows. Has anyone else got lows past this day? I am starting to strress with it.Wondering if it is broke (got it from ebay) or if i am.? Have had no EWCM this month either and on CD14 started to spot a little. Is it possible to ov and the CBFM miss it? I know i am just clutching at straws but only BD up from CD 3 to 12 as OH went back away to work and i am hoping for a little miracle. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Girls. xxx

Replies

• hi Katie

I don't usually get highs until CD 16 or 17 with a peak around CD19, 20 or 21 .... but everyone is different!!

First month I had one high followed by 2 peaks followed by a high....last month about 5 highs before my peak.

good luck and don't stress. Assuming you are using FMU?

xx
  • Hi Katie,

was it brand new? only checkig as if someone has used it previously it will need to be reset as it stores info for the pevious 6mths so could be going off that? they say that in the 1st month the results can be misleading..have you tried looking at the lines on the test strip?do they look any different from the days you started testing?

good luck with it

Luc x
  • Hello Katie this was my first month of using CBFM and had highs as of CD8....just wondering if you are using the first morning wee?
  • Hi girls. Yes i am using FMU and i did reset it due to it being used before. Unfortunately i only started looking at the test strips from CD9. The estrogen line is really strong and the LH line is almost non existant. I believe the estrogen line should begin to get lighter and LH line get darker once OV approaches so it doesn't even look like it is on its way. xx
  • How long are your cycles normally katie10?
  • katie10, i have been having the same thing with my clearblue digital sticks. i'm on CD16 with no sign of a surge. my cycle was 31 days last month, my first after coming off the pill, so i'm thinking i simply ovulate alot later than i thought i would. perhaps the same is true for you?

• It is just so frustrating isn't it!! My cycles since coming off the pill in November have ranged between 27 and 39. My last one was 27. Just wish i knew what was going on. I am certain i am out the running this month as no more BD for me as oh is away til mid May with work. Really was hoping to ov early and have a chance of catching it. Want to see some changes on ther CBFM for my own piece of mind though. I am now even more convinced that i just don't ov. Can't wait for my hospital appointment to come through.xx
  • it is very frustrating! fingers crossed for you that you get a peak any day now and the problem goes away.

i am starting to think that ovulation tests just add to the anxiety of ttc.

• My cycles are irregular (suspected PCOS) but most have been around 39 days since coming off the pill - because my LP is quite short, I don't OV til CD28! So I wouldn't expect highs on my CBFM til CD 23....so don't give up hope just yet, it's quite rare not to OV with relatively short cycles like you have.
    xxx
  • Thanks for that girls. You have all eased my mind a little. Still a bit worried about this pale brown spotting i am having though. Worries are never ending. Guess it will all be worth it in the end though, one day i hope. Baby dust to all. xxx
  • Hi there - just a little bit of advice from my side.
    I've been using the CBFM for MONTHS on and off. Each month I would get highs and highs for days on end, no peaks, even with regular cycles. As you can imagine, I convinced myself I wasn't ovulating. I then had the 21 bloods tests, and it was confirmed I was ovulating (or as sure as they can be without me getting pregnant!). So this month I used it again. It so happened that I was VERY hungover one day, used the monitor and got my first peak ever. I'm convinced this is because I was so dehydrated, that it picked up the hormones for the first time. It was also on day 18 - for the first time I now know roughly when I ov, it's a revolution!!!
    So I'm just saying, don't give up if you don't get those peaks all the time, the monitor DOES take a while to get used to you, and even then, make sure your urine is concentrated enough!
  • I was about to program my CBFM for the 1st time as on reflection yesterday was actually CD1. I would ideally like my testing window to be between 6am & 12noon which means test time will be 9am.
    Do I have to wait until 2moro to set the "M" at 9am or can I do it now?
  • NowMrsM - you have to press the M button at the time you want to be in the middle of your window - so that would be at 9am tomorrow If it's CD2 tomorrow you just hold the button down til '2' flashes up.
  • NowMrsM - you have to press the M button at the time you want to be in the middle of your window - so that would be at 9am tomorrow If it's CD2 tomorrow you just hold the button down til '2' flashes up.
  • Thanks Scubachick......thought that would be the case but thought I would double check......What a complete bummer!!!! Stupid me had nice lie in til 10 am this morning!!! WIll set alarm tomorrow morning to get me up so can set up my monitor...start my nights tomorrow night so quite handy as will start testing next week when back on days. Woo Hoo!!!!
  • Thanks betal. I am going to stick with it. I'm sure if it doesn't show a high or peak this month then it is just because it is getting used to my cycles. I will officially freak out if the same happens next month. I know there is no chance that the monitor missed my peak but i am stupidly still hoping!! xx