Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC six months - going to Docs but nervous x - UPDATED

2»

Replies

• Hi V

No problem dont mind you asking, scan showed nothing abnormal it was a scan of my womb/ovaries and dr told me there and then nothing abnormal found.

CD21 bloods check for progesterone levels (ovulation) so basically you will find out if you are ovulating or not. My dr is testing me over 3 months have had 2 months results, the last CD35 bloods I ovulated and had a good progesterone level (this is when I had a suspected chem) I had hcg level of 25 in my urine at 10dpo, useless dr never tested my blood and progesterone level of 34.9 which apparently can prove that you are/were pregnant the higher the level.

Dr has left me hanging with the faint BFP's and said she cant explain to me why its happening so next time I test have got to make sure am at least a week late and I should get a good strong BFP.

Confusing eh!!

xx
  • Very confusing. When will your tests be complete?

V xx
  • I have one more CD35 blood test prob mid july as am CD5 today, hubs got his SA on friday and then we get to sit down with the doc and get results.

Dr told me am ovulating from my last CD35 bloods but month before I didn't ovulate so guess it will be if I ovulate this month as she said 2 out of 3 is normal.

Next step is 'sweet as sugar' said above having dye put through my tubes to check for blockages but seen as how I know I have conceived before and lost early on at least twice now I know there will be nothing wrong there.

xx
  • Glad you got on ok Vicsy, it is a relief to know that things are moving forward, thats how I felt!
    Just to let you know they told hubby had to "produce" and have his sample at the lab in an hour and a half so he should be ok (just tell him to keep it down his pants or something!!). Poor men!

Good luck xx
  • I'm glad your doctor was sympathetic and that you've got a plan of action now. Its like a huge weight has been lifted?

I had blood tests done 2 years ago which proved I was ovulating but that my progesterone levels were low which gave me a short luteal phase.

I still managed to fall pregnant but am having the same problems this time round (about to go into month 8).

Fingers crossed you get your BFP before any further treatment is needed x
  • Hi Vicsy
    I'm so pleased that the doc has referred you straight for tests, although hopefully you'll be lucky this month and won't need a referral! xx
  • Thanks princess. We are doing it the old fashioned way. Just when we feel like it. Not even every other day really just when we like

How are you doing? X
  • Hi hun,
    I'm doing ok, CD7 today and my CBFM says high as usual, I'm temping too this month and have bought OPK's which hopefully will give me a definite answer as to when I'm OVing! Although this month I've been taking B6 and Agnus Castus to try and lengthen my short LP and it seems I'm coming up to OV tomorrow or even today... which is earlier than usual! AF only finished 2 days ago! xx
  • Hi there!!

Just thought I'd share my experience with you as I'm in a similar situation to you. My hubbys' SA results just came back today and were totally normal but the doc says my 21 day bloods showed no signs of ovulation. image I've to see if AF arrives tomorrow and if it does I've to make an appointment for day 21 and then day 30 and she said she'd pretty much take weekly bloods to see if they can work out when/if I'm ovulating! :S I've suspected I had endometriosis for years but noone ever seems to take it seriously-they always blame it on my IBS so I guess if it comes to having a scan then at least my mind will be put at ease over the endometriosis worries too!

I totally agree that it feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders when someone actually listens to you and takes you seriously!!Good luck with everything,hope you're lucky soon! xxx
  • Hi Girls

Thank you so much for your reassuring posts and support. It really means alot to me.

Princess, it sounds as if you have everything covered. I really do hope that you get your bfp this month. My fingers are truly corssed.

Bubba4us, my cbfm came up with highs and peaks last month but like you have pains a lot and have been told that its my colitis (same symptoms to IBS). I have wondered for a while if I have PCOS as I have trouble with losing weight.

i t will be such a relief knowing one way or another about the endermetriosis, if you do have it when you do get your bfp I've read that it actually helps it, so it will be a double bonus for you. It's frustrating when docs fob you off isn't it? However saying that like you said, it's so much more relaxing knowing that if we don't get our bfp then we are on the right road and still trying whilst waiting in the queue.

Are your cycles quite regular?

Thank you for your post though, it's really nice knowing people who know are there and are happy to listen. I don't talk to anyone as I feel like I'm boring people. lol.

Will you let me know how you get on? It would be lovely to keep in touch.

V xxx