Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hi girls, i could use a friend and some advice,,,,,,,please

hi, my name is nikki i am 22 years old, i have two beautiful daughters aged 6 and one.
they were both born by c-section....
ok, for a while now i have been wanting another baby so much the feeling of having another baby does not go away it just gets stronger. i have just come on my period today and am wondering if i should start trying for a third baby?
if so when should i start. i guess the only reason i am asking advice is because i feel alone in this as i know my family would not approve, even though i dont live with them.
i live with my girls and have a partner of 5 years.
if i do get pregnant i would like to be sterilised after, and i would also like to have a go at a natural vaginal delivery...is this possible??
so girls what do you think? shall i go for it?
thanks for listening xxxx:\?

Replies

• Options
    hi nikki wether you have another baby or not is yours and your oh halfs decision but if you realy want one then i dont see why, as you have had 2 c sections i dont think you can give birth naturally after two because of the scar tissue etc but you are better of asking your doctor, and the more c sections you have the greater risk my sister has had 3 c sections and they were all ok but i really think you shld talk to your gp for advice. you dont say why your family wouldnt approve and have you talked to you oh about this?

• Options
    Hi there, i know exactly how you feel! Im 40 with 5 children, had my 5th 5 mths ago but i still want more children. Im so scared that this feeling wont go away even when im past child bearing age! If you and your partner want another baby then go for it i say, who cares what other people think, it your lives. Im not sure if you can have a vaginal delivery after c-section as ive never had a c-section before but im sure there will be somebody on here that can give you advise about that. Good luck with whatever you decide. xx
  • Options
    thanks girls, they wouldnt approve beacuase they didnt approve of my first or second kids...even though they love them to bits.....they would get to love a new one but they would just be dissapointed.
  • Options
    ps....my partner is happy to try for another....and debbie, if u want more kids u should have them!!!
    if u have hotmail anyone add me for a chat... sheshelafunk@hotmail.co.uk
  • Options
    hi Sheshelafunk, I'm 23 and now ttc our second child. I was so scared to tell my family I was pregnant first time round cause I thought they'd be dissapointed but then I thought why should I worry, i'm settled and we were happy with the idea ourselves so people would just have to accept it and if they love you, they will. x
  • Options
    thankyou, these comments are putting my mind at ease, i try my hardest to talk myself out of having a baby, but ultimatley i want another child and will be fine......please keep adding comments xx and amy good luck....x
  • Options
    Thanks Sheshelafunk, I was going to wait longer to ttc again but afraid my instincts kicked in and just went along with them and husband is only to happy to oblige! lol, I know we are doing the right thing now x
  • Options
    yay!! well god luck and keep in touch!!! xx does anyone know about ov?xx
  • Options
    well I'm a little confused on this one myself, apparently it's 14 days before your next period is due but how do you know that if your periods are coming at different times each month arrgh!! I went on a site called 'my monthly cycles' and if you type in when the first day of your last period and roughly how long your cycles are then it calculates the days you are most likely to get pregnant-there are quite a few sites that do this but i've only had one 'proper' cycle so far, so maybe just have to keep using ov sticks from day 16 for me, if your cysle is around 28 days then I think its a little less. phew! x
  • Options
    When you ovulate you normally have a stringy jelly like discharge, ive allways gone by this and its allways worked. For me its nearly allways been day 14ish! Hope this helps. xx
  • Options
    Hi there - welcome to the board - only you and your partner will know whats right for you two! good luck XXXX
  • Options
    thanks ladies!!! so is anyone preggers? or trying etc....
    anyone want to share experiences? xxxx
  • Options
    we're TTC and on the third month, AF just arrived so I'm on day 2. this month (yes I know its a bit drastic!!!) but we're both giving up alcohol for the month, I'm switching to decaf, and we're going to have sex every other day from day 9 to 17.....my oh thinks all his birthdays have come at once!! lol
  • Options
    LOL good luck sweetie xxxx
  • Options
    hi u are so young do u really want to get sterilised after ur 3rd? i know it seems alot now but when u are older and your children are older u may want another baby. ( just because i know someone that did that!) i'd just use contraception ( pill or something) anyway obviously its up to you! good luck trying for ur next one!! xx
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    cheers for the reply's! i still cant shake this broody feeling in my heart, even though my one year old is a bit poorly and crying with her sore gums, its not fazing me i defo want another baby.....i actually want one more than my partner so i found out yesterday....sooooo how is everyone today xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Sheshelafunk, I copletely understand about wanting it more than your partner, my husband keeps saying he really doesn't care how long it takes, sometimes wonder if he's just going along with it but our son is in the terrible twos and hubby's slightly less patient than me!! amy x
  • Options
    yeah last night he was really offish about it all, sometimes i wonder if its just my hormones begging me to have a baby, i dont know regardless this feeling aint going no mattter how hard i try. xx
  • Options
    Hi Nikki,
    At then end of the day the decision is up to you & your partner. I have a son who will be 2 on christmas day & would love another baby but not sure whether poss as he was a miracle!! Whatever you decide will be the right decision. Take care & enjoy your beautiful children.

Ju x