Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant trying for the first time

all 4 of my pregnancies happened as soon as we decided to try so it is possible!

Replies

• Sarah83 you were very lucky I hope you don't mind me asking but did you know your fertile days or did you just go for it and get pregnant like 3/4 weeks later? I only got pregnant once I worked out my fertile days and I wished someone had told me that at the beginning. Are you going to have any more 4 must be a handfull how do you cope?
  • Well our first baby was only half planned! We knew we wanted one but were too scared to try! So we decided to leave it to chance and it just happened that i was pregnant a couple of weeks later. With the second i worked out roughly 10 days after my period and had sex i think about every other day for a week. unfortunately the pregnancy turned out to be ectopic and i had a tube removed at 6 weeks.
    We were told that we'd have trouble conceiving with only one tube especially as the remaining one would probably not release an egg every month.
    A couple of months later we decided to try again and i worked out my fertile days and had sex a lot for that week! Thankfully it worked first time and our second daughter was born nearly a year to the day that i had my tube removed.
    We decided that we only wanted one more baby so decided to go for it when our daughter was 4 months old. I worked out the fertile dates but we only managed to have sex twice. Within a week we had changed our minds and decided to stick with the two children- but it was too late!! Thankfully we have changed our minds back again but definitely no more babies for us! ( I look after another kid every evening so it will be like having 4!!) Its all good fun though.
    I know how lucky i am to have fallen pg at the first attempt so many times. OH says he has super sperm and i should loan him out to ppl who have trouble!!! not too sure about that though.

By the way- the times we had lots of sex before and around the fertile days we ended up with daughters. This last time though im sure i fell pg on the one day we had sex at the very end of the fertile period. we've been told its a boy so i think there's something in that myth.
  • I'm pleased everything work out ok after the ectopic pregnancy. I'd keep quite about looking after other kids you'll have everyone on here asking you and you'll have a nursery on your hands! Congratulations being told its a boy, I think mines a boy because I've been so sick but we will have to wait and see I have a scan Friday but I will only be 13 weeks so will not know sex for a while but as long as it is healthy I don't mind if is is a girl or boy. Probably only have one though although I'm sure I will change my mind! When are you due?
  • 14th March but ive gone two weeks over with the other 2. Not sure if i can count on the delay this time though- i wonder if boys are different! Apparently 3rd babies mess you around a lot so another induction would be easier than going back and forth to the hospital with false alarms.
  • Oh how exciting not long at all long to go. I'm sure this one will pop out! x
  • It is possible. We tried once and I got pregnant first time. I worked out my most fertile days by using the BBC parenting website. They have a calendar on there where you can work out your dates.
  • Good evening ladies!! I was just wondering, to those who have got pregnant on the first try, (congratulations!) I just wanted to know, did u stop taking contraception just before or had you been off it a while before ttc? H x
  • Hi heather23,my little boy is 2 and a half.i fell pregnant with him on the 1st month of trying.i had been off the pill for 3 months b4 that.we r ttc again.been trying for 3 months.no luck yet though.good luck 2 u.Gayle xx
  • I guess i may have to wait a little longer then!! I came off the pill the first week in January, had a very light af just after and now i'm waiting for the next one to come! I thought i'd had some syptoms a couple of days ago, i.e. sore (.)(.)'s and constipation, but now i'm wondering whether i'm just imagining it because i want to get pregnant. I guess i'll wait while the end of the month and see what happens. Heather x
  • hi heather23,i have friends who fell pregnant when they were on the pill,so anythings possible.xx
  • I'll keep my fingers crossed then. I've got a couple of tests just in case, i just daren't dp them! I guess i don't want to be disappointed. Being overweight I'm feeling a bit negative about actually being able to get pregnant. I've been trying to lose some weight but it's easier said than done. I suppose practice makes perfect. Heather x
  • Yeah i no what u mean,i find testing early and getting a neg result is just heart breaking.id rather wait and test when its more likely 2 be pos.as for the weight issue,my god i could write novels bout mine!! lol!!! my weights been up and down over the past 10 years!!! joined a slimming club a year ago,and have managed to lose almost 3 stone,and im now at ahealthy weight for my height!! feel quite proud of myself,cos i have battled with my weight for so long.i feel at last,im in control of it!! so dont get upset bout the weight issue.i was overweight when i fell pregnant with my son.so dont worry.Gayle xx