Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hollyoaks

Is anyone else addicted to Hollyoaks. We watch it on E4 and see the first look Hollyoaks. Well i'll get to the point. Tina has been for her scan and it was beautiful (she was 15 weeks and not 12 weeks which means it is Russ's baby and Tonys) but it made me cry the thought of me being there and waiting to have my 12 week scan with dh sat next to me holding my hand. I can't wait. Of course i have to get a BFP first but i'm soooo exxcited.

Any one else see it and get emotional over silly things like this?
Sxxx

Replies

• I don't watch Hollyoaks anymore as I moved to the US 3 years ago, but your post reminded me of the first time I saw my baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks. All that you could see on the ultrasound was a flicker and a circle. The circle was the fetal pole that was feeding her, and the flicker was her heartbeat. It was the most amazing moment ever.
  • I just went all goose pimply when i read this. How sweet i can't wait.
  • I'm a Hollyoaks fan too..... Though not seen it tonight!!!

With my little boy I had to have a scan at 7 weeks as I was bleeding and I was so nervous laying on the bed terrifeid there would be nothing there...and then there he was. A tiny flicker, you cannot imagine the relief. he is now a gorgeous, cheeky 2 year old! That first time you see them on the screen is amazing.

Hope you get your BFP soon. Have you been trying long?
  • u sound like me, i watch hollyoaks all the time and always watch first look. some of the stories they have make me cry and i had my babies nearly 7months ago, i had twins...
    the first scan is amazing, i didnt get one until 20wks when i found out iwas having twins and it was amazing to see two little heart beats.. you will love it, you will come out feeling on top of the world. sorry to gate crash this forum, i saw the post and had to reply..

• More goose pimples!!! I have been trying 6 months and am feeling really positive about this month. Testing this weekend coming so can't wait. My friend little boy is a year in April and i remember how she was when they went for scans it was amazing to see how excited they were.
  • I really, really, hope you get your BFP this month. I've got everything crossed for you....

Keep up the positive thinking...March has been such a fab month for BFP's you could just sneek in at the weekend!!!

xxxxx
  • Thank you, there has been so many this month i'm suprised there is anyone left on the ttc forum!!!
  • The scans are the best thing ever! I had an early one in Oct 2006 due to bleeding and sadly there was nothing there - it was ectopic but luckily had mc naturally without doing any harm. I found out I was pg 6 weeks later and because of the previous ectopic I had an early scan again, to see that tiny little flicker of a heartbeat was the most wonderful thing in the world. The 12 week scan was even better as it was more obvious that my little 'bean' was in fact a real baby!!
    I wish you lots and lots of luck for a bfp this month, or the next, or the next - it really is well worth waiting for.
    Love
    Donna
    xx
  • I watched it too, and both me and DH stopped what we were doing in the front room and were both just glued to the screen watching the scan!! I started to cry (how sad) when i thought there was no heartbeat!! Couldnt think of anything else after but one day soon it might be our turn!! xx
  • Yay, positive thoughts will bring it sooner. It's not sad, i was in tears too!!!
  • I'm a hollyoaks addict too!!! And i did see that episode last night I know exactly what you meant. I felt all emotional watching it too, my OH was watching it with me and said I just had this massive grin on my face when I saw the ultrasound screen. Made me feel all warm and gooey inside (if that makes any sense?) I just can't wait until i'm lying on that hospital bed watching my LO on the screen even the thought of it makes me feel wonderful!!!!
  • i loooove hollyoaks and they always seem to have lots of baby dramas. Amy a teenage pregnancy, jacqui losing hers, mercedes.....
    Plus i never get depressed watching it like others, eastenders and corrie aww yawn!
    The first scan is amazing and when we first saw little one i was so emtional, i never even dreamt of mc and now i've had 2, cry.
    After scan on thursday(follow up after mc at epu) will see if am still going ttc or not or whether we'll wait a bit.
    Filo x
  • Good luck Filo, hope it all works out ok in the end. Sxx
  • Ooh I love hollyoaks too! Missed it yesterday though - bank holidays make me confused about what day it is! lol x
    ps sending you a cyberhug for Thursday, Filo x
  • i am a massive hollyoaks fans and yes i watched the episode too...
    i can't imagine what tina must be going through...
  • I love Hollyoaks - complete addict!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to cry my eyes out when I watched that. I saw my baby's heart beat at 6 wks and it was the most wonderful thing (I cried then, lol..) but sadly I had a mmc 6 wks later but I can't wait to see it all over again!!!

Anyway - my god!!! Hollyoaks is going to get even more addictive over the next weeks months with all of that going on!!!!!! Love it!!

Donna&Poppy - Your name and picture really made me smile. My bassett hound is called Poppy image

Donna xx
  • Oh my god - how spooky is that?! My daughter is Poppy and the hound from hell is Howard!!
  • Lol... the hound from hell.....I love my Poppy to ikle bits... she's my baby, lol..., but my god she can be a handful!!!!

And that bark!!! ha ha ha
  • We call Howard our furry son!! Sad but true! I had to buy a king size bed when I was pg as he sleeps with us, usually with his head on the pillow and body under the covers!!
  • I have a springer spaniel like that and she's worse than DH for taking the covers!!