Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Do you think about names??

Replies

• We used to talk about it all the time before we were trying but now I think it makes me too sad, god I'm a right emotional nightmare!

Boys names for us is a huge issue as we don't like any!!! Well actually we do but both hate the name that the other likes. My husbands actually Spanish and it's a tradition to carry on the first name for the first boy. I personally think it's really annoying though as my DH has the same name as his dad and as his late grandad (not sure about before that). His eldest male cousins all have the same name as his uncles and I just think it's too confusing. My DH is also the only boy in his family, he has 2 sisters. We won't be carrying on the tradition, his parents don't know but we don't get on great with them anyway so no big deal if they have a huff. Anyway no boys names yet!

Girls - We both love Mia!
    I also like Katie, Lauren (but that's the same as my DH's ex so maybe not!), Emily (DH's best friend has taken that).

Looks like we'll have to have girls then, just happens I'm desparate for a baby girl but would happily have 10 boys right now...................and then a girl, LOL
  • ha ha ha Sheba's the best one!!! :lol:
  • I know! I did smile at a 'Rubylou' too........... It does tend to be the girls names that are a bit different. There has been a Boadicea too.

Funnily enough there has not been a John, David, Steven, Christopher etc for over 8 years!
  • Boadicea!!!!!!!!!! That is unbelievable!!! What will be next..........Medusa??!!!!!
  • Apparently Chardonnay has been more popular since Footballers Wives. Do people not realise that was tongue in cheek?
    On the flip side, my son told me that if he had a little brother we should call the baby Barry. Which made me laugh out loud. He was a bit offended because he thinks it's a great name. God knows where he got that one from!
  • Mrs Hopeful - i think Medusa was the mother!!

And i love baby Barry!!!!

I must get some old registers out and try to find some more!
  • Mrs Hopeful - i like all your names. Here' the ones i like

Boy: Fergus, Euan, Lennox
    Girl: Lois, Una, Lahlea (layla)
  • My niece was only one when her little brother was born and she cried because my sister wouldn't call him Boat!! It was her favourite thing at the time!!!
  • Hi all

We have discussed names and come up with Ella-Marie for a girl. I love the name Ella, and my mum's name was Marie (pronounced Mar-ee, but we'll be sticking with Ma-ree). For a boy my OH has insisted he gets to choose, so it's James Dalton. He likes Dalton from the movie Road House, Patrick Swayze's character!

No amount of arguing will make him change his mind! xx
  • I can't believe it nooniem!!! Amazing!! PS - I don't have children and my name is not Medusa so it's not me!!!!

My friend really wants a boy called Stanley - although I wouldn't go for it I think it's quite cute!!!
    xxxx
  • I find names a tricky one as i'm a teacher and so many names remind me of some of the kids I've taught. Some lovely names are totally out for me as they remond me of some horrors i've taught!!! It does work the other way round as well though ... I don't particularly like the name luke but every luke i've taught has been lovely!!
  • I always think about names and have a big baby names book from last time but oh would rather not think about it until im actually pg!
    We already have a little girl called Felicity. That was easy.

But we have mentioned:

Boys:
    Zac
    Milo

Girls:
    Violette (it looks nicer than voilet)
    Skye

Not keen on traditional names, Its quite nice to know my daughter is the only Felicity that has been at our baby/toddler group for 5 yrs since it started!

x X x X x X x
  • My lo is Grace Emily, and I like Jessie Isobel for a girl(obviously!!) and Nathaniel Lucas for a boy. LOL at Sheba-all I'm imagining is a massive alsation!!!!
  • I seriously wonder if hubby and I will ever be able to agree on a name - it drives us nuts!!!

For a girl, I think we are set on either:

Olivia Linda ...or
    Jessica Linda
    (Linda is after hubby's Mum who sadly passed away 2yrs ago)

Also, I LOVE Maisy, but hubby ain't a fan!!!

For boys I like:

Barney
    Josh

and there are loads of others I now can't remember!

Hubby has boy names I hate - there isn't a single boy name we agree on, apart from Jack as a middle name (after hubby's Grandad)

J xxxx
  • Check ou this website ladies. If you look at the wizard bit it tells you the name of a baby boy/girl based on yours and dh/oh names!!!
    www.babynamesocean.com

dg
  • I already used Eloise my favourite girls name for my eldest and my ex husband chose Hayleigh for the youngest.

We havent really discussed names so far but I liked Charlie for a boy, but my sister called her baby Charlie (he was born last month) so I cant use that one.

I like
    Girls names
    Angel (after my great great gran)
    Deven
    Georgia
    Emily

Boys names
    Aston
    Jamie
    Robbie

But saying that...these are different form the ones i liked last time around so i might change my mind in a few months time. ...
  • We've talked about names almost as long as we've been together - it started off joking about horrendous names, eventually turned into serious. We still don't agree on many thoughimage
  • Check ou this website ladies. If you look at the wizard bit it tells you the name of a baby boy/girl based on yours and dh/oh names!!!
    www.babynamesocean.com

dg

Lol, I got Bob for a boy....My kids have a gerbil called Bob.

And Giselle for a girl which is quite pretty. Don't think my OH would go for it though.
  • I got Trey or Summer. No thanks.
  • can i join

i love Logan John for a boy and Charlotte Emilie for a girl