Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Do you think about names??

13»

Replies

• Oh yes - if only my OH knew how much I thought about names!!

I have an Irish background, so am really keen on giving our kids Irish names (since I married, it's almost like the Irish bit of my identity was cut off! Lol!). I do like my names traditional too!

So....

Boys
    Liam John
    Connor John
    Kieran James
    Sean James
    Miles John

(John is Dad's name and James would be after OH)

Girls
    Mairead Mary Ann
    Niamh Mary Ann
    Imogen Mary Ann
    Lucy Mary Ann
    Georgia Mary Ann

(Mary after my OH late mum and Ann is a family name on my side)

I love the name Michael - that's my brother's name and I love him to bits, so I think that's a great choice!

Talking about daft baby names too - we have an annual bonny baby competition in the local paper, and the best bit is laughing at the names. Keeps me amused for hours. One of the most memorable was Diamante (purlease!)

:roll: Talk about condemning your kids for life!!!

Moggs x
  • Ooh I like Logan too (although i spelled it with an a) but my husband wasn't as sure.
  • When I was expecting my daughter the names we picked were Charlotte Alice (Charlie for short) for a girl or Charlie James for a boy after my grandfather, Charlie, who passed away in '96. Luckily when she was born, Charlotte just seemed to suit her. When I was expecting my son it was going to be Kaytlin Jayne for a girl or Nathan Charles for a boy, but when he was born, Nathan just did not suit him so he ended up an Alexander Charles
  • Heres few funny names that an old colleague of my chose NOT to have..... surname is Wade.

Lucas Wade (lucozade)
    Cherry Wade (cherryade)

And an customer of mine had the surname Pratt....bad enough, until i realised his initials were R C. (arsey pratt!)

My DH text me a month ago, out of the blue, and said how about Lochlyn for a boy ...... i was so hormonal and emotional that i burst into tears!

• Oh im sorry, Logan with an A not a U, he only issue i have for this i that i work for a shotgun company and this is one of the names of the guns LOL. image

clairelh that's so funny!!!

Nooniem, I went to school with a boy called Alistair Dick so he was A Dick! Then because this was embarasing he used his middle name which is Richard - so he became known as Double Dick or Dick Squared! Pretty unfortunate! His parents obviously weren't thinking straight!
  • hi girls

oh and i have talked about names...

girls -
    Tiffany
    Lilly-May
    Caitlin
    Courtney
    Carly

Elizabeth for middle name after my mum

boys -
    George (after oh's grandad)
    William
    Alexander
    Michael

xxx
  • Me & Mark have a major issue over boys names & have never been able to agree on one. Thankfully we havent had to soo far coz we have had 2 girls.

This time these are the names I like

BOYS- Theo or Ethan (hubby likes Lucas!!)

GIRLS- Sophie or Chloe

• I like Lucas too and just got it on the names wizard! Also like

Boys - William, Tristan (DH HATES it!), Theo
    Girls - Emilia, Amelia, Isabella, Grace, Miranda

We both love all those girls names but can't agree on boys names at all!
    xxx
  • I had decided on Theo and Emily i then found out i was having twins but m/c although it was too early to know what sex they where we still call them theo and emily so need to get thinking again for next time as it would feel kind of strange using these names
  • I love-

Girls - Amelia, Freya, Millie and Maisie

Boys - (this is a bit tricky) Charlie, Ben, Lucas, Finlay.
  • my maiden name was Taylor and im the last one (parents having 3 girls) so boy or girl the middle name will be taylor.

I also like

Boys- Joseph, Hayden, Jack

Girls- Sophie, Esme, Gilly.

We talk about it all the time, will probably change our mind when it eventually happens.
    xx
  • Hi, can i play too

Boys

Bailey (my absolute favorite, OH not entirely convinced)
    Logan

Girls

Molly (but we had a cat called Molly, who passed away a few years back)
  • Eva or if i get my way Eva Mae ...

Thats the only name we have jointly decided on.. Lets hope we have a girl, lol!
  • We love Matthew Richard for a boy but are undecided on a girl.

So far we like: Melissa, Jenna, Amelia...

Sooooo know what you mean about being a teacher and names... in our nursery we are getting a Brae... on it's own ok, but, the surname is Burn, I kid you not: Brae Burn!!!

There have been many titters in the staffroom about his Granny Smith or who is the 'Cox' of the family?!

Why would ya?!

x
  • same here only decided on a Boys name and that us:

Oscar!!!
  • Hi I love:

Girls names
    Amelia
    Grace
    Mae
    Lily-Ann
    Eva

Boys names