Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implantation bleeding - the truth!!

Replies

• I had an AF after comin off the pill but when I had my first scan after my BFP it came back that I was pregnant before I had my AF. but now I know its wasn't AF but an implantation bleed. don't know if that makes sense

• I am ttc had my daughter nearly 7 years ago so a bit out of touch. on the 10t/3/14 I had a course of clomid to make me ovulate I have a 23 day cycle. the calendar said I should be ovulating between 19th and 24th we made sure we had intercourse every 2 days during from the 17th  . On the 21st I noticed creamy discharged with dark brown in temp had risen so I assume this was when I ovulated then yesterday I noticed pink blood when I wiped gradually through the day it went brown and stopped today I have slight cramping sore breasts and feel sick like I've eaten too much obviously too early to do test I found a implantaction calculator online which said yesterday was common for me to be having an implantation bleed from yesterday I'm just not too sure any ideas??? 

• This is my third pregnancy and i've never had an implantation bleed nor did i have LOADS of ewcm around my fertile period Xxx
  • hi iam curretly 19 dpo on 16 dp i had spotting for two days then started a lite period me and hubby are ttc but no hopes. accordind to me my periods were late since it was suppose to start at 14 dpo. i really wanna be preggo image

• I have just read the thread n was wondering what happened with Bellarou.x

• just after some advice i have pcos and i never know when i am expecting my af last month i had a 51 day cycle and i started spotting on cd 31 this month started off brown very light and i'm still kind of light now not really bleeding onto a pad sorry tim, but last night i've been having the most unbearable pain in my lower abdom and when i got up in the middle of the night i had a clot the size of an onion i only noticed because of the splash in the loo. my partner and i have been ttc for over 1yr and a half and i just wanted to know if this could possibly be implantation.?

• Hi I also started bleeding a week before my period is due..its like bright red in colour I have not seen any blood clots its heavy but ive never had a period like this before so im thinking is it implantation or ive started my period a week early..had this happned to any of you ladied before..im just hoeping im pregnant x
  • my last period was May 17, 2014 my boobs were sore 4 days prior to this and June 6th is when I had light spotting but a lot got heavier as the day went on and lasted only until the 8th of June. I am not due to see AF until the 17th. On the 9th I didn't have anymore bleeding and boobs aren't sore. Now I am starting to have dull cramps. Could I be pregnant?

• "Well thats what I thought Lisa, mine was really heavy, like my period. It soaked through my jeans it was that heavy and after the initial gush the spotting lasted 2 days. I really panicked and thought I was losing the baby! Obviously not true that you can't get a BFP until after implantation either because I had my bleed 2 days after a very strong BFP!!"

Sorry, but you are incorrect. You cannot test positive before implantation. HCG is produced by the placenta AFTER implantation occurs. The reason you tested positive before the bleeding was because it can take a while for the blood to leave your uterus. Implantation bleeding often occurs a day or more after the actual implantation took place.

• Hey ladies,

I'm 22 and in desperate need of some help/advice.

So a little over a month ago I miscarried at 7 weeks. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and only by the faintest red line on a home urine test, could barely even see it. So I know it takes a while for my hcg levels to be picked up by urine tests. About a week after miscarriage, my partner and I started having unprotected sex and I just knew in my head I had become pregnant again, I immediately started having symptoms EXACTLY the same as the previous pregnancy. Feeling faint, having mild cramps, feeling like I was going to puke all the time and insanely tired. Then symptoms started getting stronger about a week and a half ago, breasts in terrible pain and getting bigger and heavier, veins all over them with darker/wider areolas and little lumps all around the nipples. Needing to pee every 10 mins, increased smell, heavy white discharge, sleeping all the time, lack of appetite and increased sense of smell. I took 6 home tests last week and they were all negative but I'm convinced it was just too early to test as last time there was barley a line at 5 weeks and I feel 100% pregnant. The cramps have continued to get worse and more frequent and 2 days ago I started getting the flu, which made my whole body ache and cramp and bad shivers. But as the flu started I started getting exactly the same pain as I got with the miscarriage last month and maybe worse. Awful back pain and shooting pains right down my legs.I then started bleeding today with pink/red blood and a few clots too. I am so worried I have just lost another little one. Could I still be pregnant? Is it at all possible to be implantation bleeding?

Please help

Thanks for reading such an essay xx
  • Hello, I'm really needing help. I had unprotected sex during ovulation. Well now, my period was two days late, but today I finally  started bleeding. It started light pink/brown and changed to a light red flow. It stopped once, but came back. Idk if this is implantion bleeding, or an abnormal period, I really need some advice.

• I had mild cramps worse than av ever had befor and a very slight pinkish stain after intercourse 5days after ovalating it last not even half hour it was thier just when I wiped Iused ppreseed for first time and used ovalation sticks and did the deed throughout entire time but ive never had implantation bleed befor but have bleed further along in pregnancies I think I could be pregnant now and testing on Tuesday, I got the pinkish stain mucus 7/10days befor my period is even due, so it sounds like perfect timing hope I am right and cant stop goin to the toilet I had check up with gp she checked my cervix and said perfectly clear how soon after implantation bleed can I do a pregnancy test ?

• I had my implant out in the April and my periods started every 10th of the month since but this month it was a week early and it was alot heavy then normal it was bad could that be the implantation 

• Hi ladies I think I am having Implantation bleeding as few days from AF.I had pink slimy pinkish in color mucus last night.I am having light spotting now which is tapering off.Can some one help me out as never gad this before Af and have been ttc for 5 years as lost my baby boy  at 22weeks who came into this world sleeping. Could this be Inplantation bleeding? .many thanks and good wishes and baby dust to you all.xxx

• My af was June 18th I have a 27 day cycle.On cycle day 17 I started light spotting\bleeding that lasted 3 days and stopped.Today day 27 NO af....I am having light cramping,headaches for the last few days,and heartburn off and on......could I be pregnant?

• Hello! I'm new here and I want to apologize in advance for any errors in terms. Today is my cd27. I had pink cm cd25 and cd26. Today I had what looks like a very light period. This has never happened before. I have been getting cramps since cd25. I took a teat today and it was a BFN. we BD everyday through my fertile days, some days more than once. AF is due in 2 days. Could this be an early period or does it sound like Implanation bleeding? I really want to a BFP.

• on cd25 I had pink cm. I also had pink cm on cd26. Today is cycle day 27 and I have what looks like an early AF. My AF is due in two days. Could this be Implation bleeding? It never happened before and I am pretty regular. Today I took a test and it was a BFN. Please help. I'm so ready for baby#2

• Hello lady's really hoping to get some help here. I have been on the implant for about 18 month now, I am due to get it out tomorow. But for the past few weeks I have been taking st John's wort. This can stop the implant working. Up untill today I havnt had a period since before I got my implant, but today I woke up to clear eggwhite kinda discharge with red flecks in. Then about hour later was red total,  since I woken up I have had evil cramping but no real bleeding. Not even transfering onto my underwear. And now I still very slight cramping an no bleeding just a very wet clear discharge. Could this be a possible pregnancy because of the St johns wort, or am I being incredibly hopefull? Should I bother mentioning it to the doc?

Thanks in advance lady's 

• Hi, can someone help me? 

We've spent this last month trying to conceive, I did everything correctly, followed an ovulation app and took preconception tablets. I took the pregnancy test when I was supposed to. It was negative...so I left it at that...the time for my period to start came and went...so I started to wonder. 6 days late, my period started. I hoped it was implantation bleeding! And now I'm not sure what to think?! I'm normally like clockwork, but this time I was really late, my periods normally last 5-6 days. Start off light, get heavy...I normally have 2 days of heaviness then day 5-6 it slowly eases off until the end. But this week apart from one afternoon, leading into one morning it was ever so slightly heavier but nothing like what it normally is. This has also stopped & started (Wednesday I hardly bled at all) and it's been what I would consider pink spotting. It's been so light, I'm just gobsmacked. What does this mean??? I've also had waves of nausea, lower backache, headaches...a few other symptoms too. Do I contact a doctor? Has someome else been in this situation? Can someone please help I'm so puzzled! Thanks. 

• Hi, I'm New. Currently TTC, it's been 5 months. This is the first month im being teased with what I hope is IB. Had tiny amount of spotting on CD22 and again CD31, heavier but not as heavy as period CD32, tiny amount of spotting CD33 (today). Cycle length has been long but should be expecting AF around thura so not sure if this is AF or IB. 

Lots of people seem to have thought they might be having IB, has anyone confirmed?