Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Af cramping pain but no af??

Hi everyone, I am really confused. My af was due yesterday and is normally always on time. I started to get bad cramping pains in the morning and thought my af was on its way for sure. But today my af still hasn't arrived but I woke up with cramping pains again. I did a test first thing this morning when I realised my af still hadn't arrived and it was negative.

I'm feeling very confused!:\? I am sure my af will turn up but I can't believe its late as I am never late. Has anyone else had this?? xxx

Replies

• Hi Liz you ok hun, i got my af early so not much help im afraid im keeping my fingers crossed for you
    that she does not show up

lots of babydust coming your way

love leighxxx

• Thanks Leigh, I wish my af would just turn up now as I think I am kidding myself that it won't!! I have decided that God is definately a man - no woman would put us through all this!! =) Sorry your af turned up early, what day are you on now? xx
  • hi liz,yep you're right,no woman would put us through all this!! i WAS always between 30 and 34 days but this month af came on day 35. i just wish it would always be early or on time if its coming cos it would save alot of heartache.good luck xx
  • Hi Liz, yeah i agree god must be male to have designed our wonderfully complicated female bodies. Sorry you're have a hard time. Since starting ttc 4 months ago every af has turned up late which is very confussing and fustrating, making the waiting game even worse and it's horrible not knowing WHY??? When did you come off the pill? Sometimes it does take time for your system to get back to normal. It took over 12 months for mine to get back to regular 28 day cycles and i had some very long cycles (52/76 days). However for the 6 months before starting ttc i was regular 28 day cycles. But now since ttc my cycles seem to be getting more irregular again (30/32/34 days). Who knows why? Sorry i can't be of any help but i justed wanted to let you know you're not along. Obviously it could be that you actually are PG! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that af stays away and you get a BFP result soon. Take care. xxx
  • Hi Liz, yes that happened to me last month. I was convinced af was on its way as had bad cramps, but it didn't turn up til at least a week later! Like you I ended up testing at around day 40 coz I was just fed up waiting! I knew it would prob be neg as I hadn't had any other symptoms. af turned up the next day! I came off the pill 18 mths ago, and at first my cycle was 30ish days, but it has steadily got longer and now it's normally 36 or 37 days - but, can be between 31 or 41 some months! Doesn't make predicting ov easy but I'm trying not to think about it too much and just relax - easier said than done I know! image
  • HI everyone, thanks for all your kind words. Af still not arrived, so hoping it stays away but I am sure it will turn up soon! Good luck to everyone ttc xxx
  • Hi Liz, are you just coming off the pill? This is my 2nd month ttc after the pill. Last month, for the week af was meant to be coming i felt crampy/moody (like normal!!!) then af turned up 3 days late!! I don't want to crush your hopes just telling you what happened for me! Hope af stays away and you get bfp!! xxxxx
  • Hi Candygirl, came off the pill in January and had regular afs every 27 days after that. Waited until I had two until we started ttc. Like you say it could just be a late af and I think that is most likely but its so hard to not get your hopes up isn't it!! I keep going to the loo to check every couple of hours!! The cramping pain comes and goes throughout the day, its very confusing. What day are you on? Good luck ttc xx
  • Hi ya, i still get af pains now & im 26+6weeks, i got them from the beggining for about 6 weeks & eventually tested as a joke & i was pg (6 weeks). So fingers crossed***
  • Thanks tess, am sure af will turn up so not going to get my hopes up too much but would be sooooo nice if I was preg!! Congrats on yours, not too long to go now hope you're having a good pregnancy xx
  • Hi I am in my second month of ttc with my third. I get Mittelschmerz- basically like period pains but its when ovulation occurs- is it possible your cramps are this if af is not appearing?
  • Hi Kiay, don't think its when ovulation occured as my af is always regular (pretty much down to the hour) and I normally get cramps the day of my af and then they go by the second day. The cramps this time happened on the day my af was due and for a couple of days after so no way I should have been ovulating then. Thanks for your advice though, fingers crossed for your third. I always like to hear about women who have had a few babies as it reassures me that giving birth can't be so bad or no-one would do it again!! =) xx