Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chemical Pregnancy Q's x

Hi Ladies,

I have a couple of quick questions for anybody who knows anything about or who has had a chemical pregnancy.

I tested early (11 dpo) and got positive hpt's for 4 days (different brands). On the third day I started spotting, like really light pink or brown tinged water, but on the 4th day I started bleeding really heavily. It was bright red, clots, tissue, etc (but not the usual really dark red). So I know i've had a chemical pregnancy and am gutted - I won't be testing early again I can promise you that!

Basically my bbt is still high and I was just wondering how long it took yours to fall back down? Also do I count the 1st day of proper bleeding as cd1? Have been told to test again in a week as will take a while for hcg to fall, how long did everyone else's take (still positive hpt after 4 days bleeding)?

I want to start using my cbfm straight away but think the hcg will interfere it. Oh last one, how long was it until you ovulated after?! If my cbfm and bbt are playing up will have to rely on cm which i don't get much of,

thanks xx :\(

Replies

• Hi Smudge, I'm afraid I don't know anything about chemical pregnancies but didn't want to read & run. So sorry to hear that it ended that way for you. Normally it means that you are more fertile afterwards I think...sure I read it on here somewhere, so I really hope you get your BFP and a sticky bean very soon. Hugs xxx

• Hi Hun,

Sorry to hear you are going through a stressful time. Did you say your HPT was still positive? With my chemical my HPT was negative within a few days, before the bleeding even started.

Have you had a bloodtest done hun? If you continue to get high BBT's and positive HPT's I would definatley get one done asap.

xxxx
  • Sorry you're going through that hun. It is gutting. I had a chemical pg in Aug 08. I was a week late - Tested and got BFP - about 3 days later I did A CBD which came up 'Not Pregnant' - I started spotting that evening. I did however go on to get a sticky BFP the following month without an AF inbetween. So to answer ur question, my HCG went down quickly. HTH x
  • My period was late yesterday,  I had 2 positive digital hpt then started bleeding likea period although more campy. I went to the er and the urine test and blood test were negative.  The doctor thought I was making up my positive tests. It was so frustratin