Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ttc hell

hi there all....im feeling low and theres no one i can talk to about this so ill just have to give u guys a headache as i seem to be a boring irritating person at home right now hehe... image
i have long cycles...37 days but theyre regular (till now..u never know what to expect) ....the problem is though i havent been trying for long but this whole thing is making me so frustrated..last month i was so convinced i was pregnant so when af showed up i was really gutted...im on day 18 and havent had sex at all this month...just cant get the mood for it..my oh is really upset but he just doesnt now how bad i feel and keeps telling me it will happen when the time is right ( and obviously this isnt helping and i cant get it out of my mind) ..maybe its just a defense mechanism so as not to go through all this rollercoaster again..i want to take a break from ttc but everyone seems to have no other question but "is there any good new??" as if theres something written on my face "im trying to get pregnant"....now i dont know how to get the mood for it as i should be ovulating soon and i dont want it to be a chore...any advice there???

sorry for this to be long but just needed to get it off my chest..thanx for listening image

Replies

• I think you and your oh need some time out and should maybe arrange a nice nightout or weekend away somewhere to help take your mind off things. Just try to go back to enjoying each other and having sex for fun, I know its hard not to think about babies all the time when ttc but you really need to relax and try not to push your oh away.
    When people ask you if there is any good news just look back at them and say "no have you?" it may shut them up for a bit! We didn't tell anyone we were ttc which I think helped a lot as we didn't feel there was any pressure. Its no-one elses business but yours and your oh.
    You oh is right, it will happen when its meant to, and the best thing you can do to help it on its way is having lots of nooky!
    How about setting yourself little treats every month for if you don't manage it that month. That way you have something else to look forward to. Say a meal out somewhere really nice, or a top you really want, or a facial, whatever you fancy but that you consider a bit of a treat.

Most of all stay positive, it will happen, sometimes it takes a while but it will happen. Enjoy this time with your oh as all too soon you will have a new member in your family!

Take care Liz xxx
  • Hi,

I TTC for almost 2 years before hitting lucky. We just decided at the time that life had virtually been on hold for that time and we would have 6 months us time and then lokk at fertility options such as IV etc. I applied for and got a promotion at work, blew my pay rise on an open top spors car and booked a very luxury adult based holiday to go immediately, and then another for 6 months time. (Overdraft was well used let me tell you). Anyway, went on the holiday having bought the car and came back with a bun in the oven!!!!

The nooky had been relaxed, wine although in moderation had flowed for the first time in 2years, we were relaxed, I got home and had a few days off, then was sick Saturday, Sunday and Monday, put it down to holiday tummy, was in work on Monday and checked my diary to see I was a tad late, bought s test with my grocery shop that night and convinved it was neg just did it in the bathroom and put it down whilst I changed. Imagine my surprise when it was pos, so in a few short weeks cancelled the next hol, sold the car and told by boss I would only be in mynew job a short while!!!!!

Anyway here I am back again, my baby is approaching 4, and my nest is empty due to nursery so I am in the nooky times of month 3 TTC baby 2. Husband has just gone to work having asked me how long we are trying for this tim before giving up so I am a tad sad too.

I know what you are going through and it virtually takes over your life. So basically hit the plastic, book a fab break away, even if it is a night, relax, oh and in a more devious time, I always found telling OH we weren't having any nook just a hug and maybe a massage was a sure fire way to get so. After all we all want what we can't have.

If all else fails, go shopping!!!!!!!! There are some fab offers and sales out there at the minute.

Mandcc.
  • hey girls thank you so much for your reply...mandcc your story inspired me hehe...wow 2 years is a long time and to c it just happen before your eyes when you decided to give up...yea maybe i have to spoil myself a little..havent been doing anything other than whining about me not getting pregnant...even when i decide to go shopping and forget about it for a while i just happen to c loads and loads of bumps as if they all decide to go to the same place i go hehe...but yea...im having a break this month...
    good luck to u mandcc ...hope u get a bfp...
    lizb hows your pregnancy going?? hope everything is fine for you...
  • Hi Aeris, my story is similar to Mandcc, I had failed IVF and was told I would never conceive so I split with hubby, went to Ibiza with the girls then ran a half marathon and did a triathlon to try and block the disapointment. Met my current partner and caught straight away. Now trying for number 2 !!! Moral = relax, relax, relax
  • hi we were ttc for 15months before we fell with my son who is now 5 weeks old. we were in the middle of fertility tests and all that. we were worried but we never let it take over our lives and joseph came along at the perfect time in our lives. i want to try again next year as worried it will take the same amount of time but i know the average time it takes is 12 months so i kept that in mind. camlo is right the best is to relax as its important to your body that you are relaxed to concieve but i also know how hard that can be!!! good luck hun x
  • hey girls...thanx for your reply...i think im much more relaxed this month...i wouldnt be so upset if af shows up either..im on day 21 of a 37 day cycle...so that will give me some time to enjoy life hehe ...ill just relax relax relax...good luck to us all...