Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Exercise when ttc and in 2ww

I'm in my first 2ww...not getting too hopeful but I guess you just never know. Anyway, I try and go to the gym at least three times a week, more if I can, especially as I've put on quite a bit of weight since my wedding last summer. Since ttc I've stopped using the power plate but carried on running, using the cross trainer and the bike. I just wondered what other people's thoughts are on doing the same level of exercise when you're ttc, especially in the 2ww. My friend wants me to do a spinning class with her in the morning and I was thinking this should be ok - but I don't want to do anything that might stop a potential bean from being sticky if you know what I mean?! :\? Any thoughts?? xx

Replies

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that you are ok if you have previously done that amount of exercise, but if you are increasing the level then you shouldn't do that.

It's annoying as I wanted to start running again once it warms up a bit and start yoga, but too scared to now just incase I get my BFP!
  • Options
    I cycle to work everyday which is a 13 mile round trip, swim once a week and play badminton. I think as long as you exercise normally you will be fine. They actually recommend exercising when you are TTC!

xxx
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies! I did go to spinning this morning...and feel much better for it! xx