Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you ever feel like it'll never happen

2»

Replies

• Hi Ladies, Hope you dont mind, I'm new to the forum and new to the TTC business. I am also 36 and hoping to try for my first. I'm getting married in 18 days so this month is month 1 for me I guess, even though we've not used any protection for about 2yrs but not properly started to try until now-ish. I'm under no illusion this is going to be easy, as I'd already put my age down to being a negative factor! I just want to say good luck to everyone and if you can spare some PMA, throw it in my direction as I'm on a downer before I even start! xxx
  • Hi BabyCrazy, welcome to the ttc forum. It is not all gloom, sorry my fault for starting this thread, I have tested today and had an BFN so this thread has a "blue" feel to it.
    It is nice though to be able to sahre and voice your fears in here.
    If nothing else I just realised I am not the only oldie in here, few of us here, (only joking), thirties are new twenties lol
    Sending you a lot of PMA which I shall myself have from tomorrow on!
    Anyway you have so much to look forward to, WEDDING!
    When I want some PMA I think of my wedding day..
    Enjoy your wedding and good luck with ttc

xxx
  • Thanks Naturelle, I think I bring it on myself sometimes, my heads been west since planning the wedding and now OH has given the green light for TTC I'm trying to run before I can walk! I love these forums, YAYW was my home for a while and just being able to share everything with ladies that understand does wonders. My Doc did tell me off for being negative about my age! Just lately it seems everyone at work is falling pregnant and it doesnt help that they are all in their early 20's. Then there's the question that comes with the wedding 'are you going to start a family soon?' arrgh, makes me scream! Wonder if you can answer me a question, my OV calc says today is my fertile window. So I baby danced sun, then last night, would you wait a night and then dance again on thurs or is it best to bd every night this week??? So sorry to bombard you, this is all confusing!!! Thanks again. xx
  • I am feeling the same. I don't know if it's because it's summer time but I keep seeing pregnant women everywhere and a relative just announced her unexpected pregnancy which came as a total shock to me. She more or less knew we had been trying and everyone in the family presumed OH and I would be the first to conceive after our wedding. I really didn't realise how much news like that would affect me but I felt like I'd been hit by a lorry when she just blurted it out on the phone to me...she's 10 weeks gone and never knew!! It made me soooooo sad and I'm still struggling with my feelings on the matter even though I know it's stupid and I'm happy for them!

I hope we all feel better soon and we all get our BFPs!! image xxx
  • BabyCrazy I don't think there re rules when it comes to BD. I think many ladies on here practice every other day bding as a rule, but to be honest if I was you I'd just go for it specially as you are about to start fertile window.
    I take every opportunity I can as my oh works away most days, so when he is back we make most of it..
    I am not sure what the theory of bd every other day is I guess it means covering most days in your fertile window..
    Oh I know wht you mean about pg women at work. last year we had 5 pg ladies at the same time! This year only 2 lol I wasn't one of them of course

Best of luck!!!
    xxxx
  • I was just sat here thinking 'will it ever happen for me' and then I found this post. Hubby and I have been ttc for 14 months now and awaiting our first appt at fertility clinic. I start each month with hope and promise and then it gets to the 2ww and I am filled with negativity and the fear that we will never get pregnant. Sometimes ttc feels so lonely and hard but we have each other and there is always someone experiencing the same thing. We will all get our bfp's and I think we will cherish them all the more when we do eventually get there!!!.
    Wishing you all lots and lots of babydust. xxxx
  • Hi,

I'm sorry if my post caused upset or sounded patronising. I didn't mean it that way - I was just thinking of people at different stages of ttc and hoping it would reassure anyone worrying.

I also agree ttc can be lonely and the horrible 2ww is awful. Its so hard to distract your mind from it when you are looking out for every symptom and sign but then telling yourself off for reading too much into these things.

I really hope nobody here has too much longer to wait. x
  • Hi,

I'm sorry if my post caused upset or sounded patronising. I didn't mean it that way - I was just thinking of people at different stages of ttc and hoping it would reassure anyone worrying.

I also agree ttc can be lonely and the horrible 2ww is awful. Its so hard to distract your mind from it when you are looking out for every symptom and sign but then telling yourself off for reading too much into these things.

I really hope nobody here has too much longer to wait. x
  • Ahhh lizzybuffe, I can really feel your pain there..

Like you say many of us are experiencing this and that is way we can relate to each other so well
    I just spoke to oh as he is working away and said that I think AF will be arriving and he went "oh" in a sort of surprised kind of way, I think bacuse in 2WW we get excited together thinking it will be it, and towards the end its me always saying, AF is arriving!

It is good that you are taking charge of your situation and going to a fertility clinic, hopefully you'll have some light on the situation.
    Wish you best of luck!

It is true we really will cherish our bfps when we get them, notice not if but when lol
    Buckets of baby dust!

xxxx
  • Robin hun not at all!
    I think it is natural to try problem solve and I know you've tried reassuring not patronizing.

Tbh when I started ttc I was really confident it will happen straight away and often I wondered why is everone stressing, I took a very chilled approach and many times felt like saying to other ladies to chill..
    But I'm affraid that as months go by it gets harder and harder not be affected
    Yes, I do hope none of us have to wait much longer
    xxx