Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

PMA has vanished! :\(

Hi everyone!
Ok so i know alot of us go though this and i am so not alone in the am i aren't i game that i have lost every month since jan but this month i really dont know whats going on. Last month my cycle length was 36 days, 6 days longer than normal. I've had a regular cycle since stopping the pill in dec until last month when af was 5-6 days late. Anyway in the 2ww i normally get sore (.)(.) and have cramping on off for at least a week before af. This month no cramps to speak of and just twinges were i think my ovaries should be! Going by opk i'm between 12-13 dpo and af is due tomorrow going on another 36 day cycle. I did a test this morning (internet cheapie) and another this aft (asda's own brand) and both BFN. I really though this was our month. PMA is completely gone and i have no idea whats happening with my body! Has anyone elses cycles been regular for months and then got alot longer?

Replies

• Hi sorry it was bfn :cry: My cycles can be a bit here & there - they are usually quite short (22-27 days) but this month was 30 days so like you I was getting all excited but af arrived today. I find it funny how we have only just started 'trying' but have not been on the pill or used anything for at least 8 months! I find this really odd as my DS was not planned. I was hoping for another accident rather than being in for the long haul but nvm. It's best to think of the positives like: even if it takes a year for us to conceive that means my ds will be almost at school by the time the new baby is born, meaning I wont have to stress about child care. How long have you been trying? It will happen!!! I will say though, stop poas! Its not nice getting bfn xx
  • my pma as vanished too, i even think it is happening to my husband, this is our 7th month trying, and so fed up of af showing on time, were me and my husband have been so busy and really thought it was our month. We are on trying the smep this month, so i really hope this works, but we are finding it hard, i dont know what we are going to do when i get a bfp on ov sticks, we need to do 3 night on row, we will deff need our pma back by then. Good luck ladys.

Pink H
  • Hi all
    Can I join the weird cycle club?? I came off the pill in Jan and settled into a very nice 28/29 day cycle for 4 months and then they went all crazy - a couple were really short and the latest broke all records at around 45 days!!
    Started taking agnus cactus yesterday as that is supposed to regulate your cycle. Glad its not just me going through this, but very frustrating when TTC. PMA is also quite low but me and OH really trying our best to cut away all stress and be very healthy and do lots of exercise this month. Might look into SMEP as I don't know much about it.
    Good luck for this month ladies,
    Txx
  • Hi LadyT, weird cycle club- very well put! I followed SMEP this month, its were you bd every other day from cd10 and then when you get a positive opk you bd 3 days in a row, have a day off and then again the next day. Baby on board explained it to me last month.

Where are you in your cycle? I'm waiting on af, i'm cd37, last month was 36 days but like you before that it was a normal 28-30 days. Tested again yesterday with fmu and BFN so just a waiting game now!
    Hope your pma comes back soon, it really does come back from nowhere. I'm hoping to get a surge when af arrives and we can get back to trying for a June bump!

xxx