Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi, Newbie here x

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice really. My periods have been irregular since I had a MC early in the year. My May period came on the 5th, my june on the 3rd, and then the 25th which lasted 7 days. Now it is the 30th of July and still nothing. I have taken one HPT but it was negative, which was monday. After the MC every month I have been so dissapointed each time I come on and this time I havn't, I dont want to get my hopes up, when do you think I should re test?

Char xx

Replies

• Hi and welcome Char. Sorry to hear about the mc. Maybe try again using a different brand? Good luck X
  • Hi Char
    I am not sure if this helps - but I also have had irregular periods since my MC in April. The first was 5 weeks, the second 7 weeks and thirs 4 weeks. The first 2 were really light too. I did go to the doctor and she said that it can be quite normal to be like this. She said to go back in October (6 months after MC) if it hadn't regulated. Am hoping the next one will be more like 4/5 weeks now but we shall see.
    It is hard to know about testing. I took 3 tests on my 7 week cycle and then just gave up testing as kind of new I wasn't preg.
    You could try a first response as they are supposed to show BFP early and then if it is negative, keep trying weekly. It is an expensive business though!
    Dx
  • Thank you both, It is incredibly expensive, in the last few months I have tested even when I probably know I should not have bothered, I spose when you want something so so much you just keep doing it. I have just got to stay positive and keep my fingers crossed...xx
  • Good luck with ttc hope you get your bfp soon xxx