Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PCOS support group

thought it would be nice to have our own little group as it seems like a few of us have been diagnosed with this and some quite recently like me.

So here we can share where we are in our treatment ask questions about whats coming up.

so me 1st.

name: lilac
PCOS diagnosed: 15th July
Plan so far: lap/dye thing 25th july, SA for DH, weight loss
Treatment: clomid

Replies

• Hi Lilac - I'll join you!
    Bon79
    TTC for 13 months...exactly!
    DIagnosed with PCOS in March (2 days before my bday!)
    Lap and Dye last month...get results on MONDAY!!...long story as to why I don't have them yet but will update on Mon!
    xxx

oh, forgot to say...I'm having normal AFs (well had 4 so far!) all within 32 ish days...had none tho between June and Feb this year) xx

[Modified by: bon79 on July 18, 2008 07:58 PM]

• Hi, can i join please,

Name: SLOW (Sara)
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 2nd July 2008.
    Medication: Metformin 2x500mg for 2 weeks then onto 2x850mg next week.
    Plan so far: Weight loss and wait for af to come.

This is a gr8 idea, i am a member of Verity which is a support website for PCOS sufferers but i don't know anyone on there like i do here.

How is everyone feeling about it all?
    Sxx
  • you can add me too

name - natasha
    diagnosed feb 08
    ttc for nearly 3 year (more obsessively over last 12 month)
    lap & dye, bloods done
    prescribed metformin but only for 5 weeks??????
    told weight loss will help (if only it was that easy)
    waiting to get giving metformin again as they've messed up and i should have been on it all the while.

back at hospital 21st aug 08 to see wots next

[Modified by: *Tasha* on July 18, 2008 07:52 PM]

• Oh Tasha, stupid doctors, what is the use in 5 weeks?! Hope they get you back on it soon. I know what you mean about weight loss not being easy, mine has started to slowly slip off, 1.5lb two weeks ago and a lb this week but its so hard, i think the metformin has supressed my appitite i little bit as i seem to be fuller a lot quicker than before. Hopefully when you get back on it it will help you along the way to.
  • Name: Dreamer1, (Naomi)
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Dec 2007
    Treatment: Have just had first month of 100mg Clomid and follicle tracking from Gynae Consultant.
    TTC: May 2007

The consultant has been fantastic i must admit. However i have had to have 5 internal scans cos he reckons i will have a 39ish day cycle!! Even on Clomid i still don't have normal 28 day cycle, LOL.
    I should have ov on Tues, so AF due in about 10 days. I have bloods done on Wed to say for certain if i have ov'd.
    Before Clomid i didn't ovulate at all, so didn't have any AF's.
    It's scary to think that if this doesn't work then we have to look at IVF. Getting pregnant seems the most natural thing our body should do.
    It's so frustrating having PCOS and i'm so glad that u started this group Lilac as we can share success stories hopefully!!!
    N
    xxx
  • name:Emma
    PCOS diagnosed: 4 years ago
    Plan so far: weight loss and bloods just taken to find out if i have a hormone based
    Treatment:at the moment nothing

i am just having my 1st af in a year so i will see what the doc says she is sooooooo nice i told her about me wanting to try for baby no:3 so she asked so why have you came to me so i explained i have pcos and she ohhh i see then she gave me frolic acid and told me to have sex when i can as i dont get af's she said i could preduce an egg any time so no time like the present lol sorry rambling again
  • SLOW - i know its rubbish. i didn't know any different when she gave me it for 5 weeks as i'd never heard of it before. it was only on here i realised so i queried it.
    my doctor won't give me it because the hospital haven't put in there letter about a repeat prescription. luckily th hospital sent me an appt the other day so ive got an appointment with the hospital in august for a 6 month check. which i'm assuming is to see how i'm getting on with the metformin but obviously i've not been on it so i'll no doubt get another 6 month appt when i go. which is a right waste of 6 month really.
    nevermind. i'm at slimming world now so hoping to lose some weight. its depressing though when you;ve been really good all week then get on the scales and have only lost half a pound. so its like whats the point.
    i'm like peter kay and want to lose 14 stone in a day. lol
  • dignosed with pcos in may.
    been trying ttc since dec 06 3mmc so far.
    plan so far. im on metformin and have appointment with gyna in august to see how things are going hopefully will be put on clomid. fingers crossed to us all with ttc.
  • wow looks like there's a few of us in the same boat and i'm the newest to be diagnosed officially i guess which i great cause u guys can all advise me on whats going to be happening as i have no idea!!!!

xxxx
  • Hiya - i have PCO (polysystic ovrioes without the syndrome)...diagnosed in march when i had my last random period. Was told they needed to check hubby out first before they could offer any treatment to me. Decided to get wedding out the way first and have now booked an appt for 29th July with my hubby to go to the doctors so they can book this in. Was told that this can take up to 3 months for him to get his appointment.
    After this happens what will they do next??
    Shezza x
  • Hi ladies, I don't have PCOS, but I thought I'd tell you of a friend who has...my friend was diagnosed with PCOS in March of this year. They were ttc since last year June/July with no luck...like everyone else she was told to lose weight...she had a laparoscopy in May and the results showed that one of her tubes were blocked...AF started to make a regular appearance with a few kg down and doc told her that she would start clomid this month, when next AF is due as she'd already had AF in June...well, she told me two weeks ago that she's pregnant...she's about 7 weeks now...oh, she told me they used preseed as well in June .

I hope you ladies don't mind me gatecrashing your thread, but just thought I'd share that with you.

Good luck to you all, fingers crossed and loads of baby dust...

Nat
    xxx
  • Thanks nat, its always nice to hear sucess stories of people are going through what we all are. There is still some hope then! GOOD LUCK ALL MY PCOS PALS! xxx
  • Hi Ladies

I have just been diagnosed with POC's this week. I am currently having folical tracking and they will tell me excatly when to do the business. I am still using my Clear Blue monitor and will be interested to see if that tie's in with when they say I am OV'ing. Went for my scan today and my egg is 14mm so it good news for us - they hope that on Wednesday they will be able to tell me to get on with it. We have a follow up appointment on the 29th of September to discuss our next options so if we don't get PG before we will be given medication. We have been trying for 3 years, I have had a lap and dye and it all came back ok so this is it for us... next step IVF if this doesn't work!

Good luck ladies

M image xx
  • Hi everyone, not been on for a while as have been busy moving house (which has taken my mind off things). Anyway, I have a question for you guys if that's ok. I haven't had an af since January and although blood tests came back normal, the doctor is sending me for a 'lower abdominal scan to check my ovaries' (i.e. to check for pcos). Can anyone tell me what this will actually involve - is it an internal scan? I hate doctors and faint quite regularly at injections and stuff so not looking forward to it at all but will be worth it if it means I get some answers. Good luck to all of you ladies x x
  • name: jph5uk (Jo)
    PCOS diagnosed: November 2007
    Plan so far: referred to fertility clinic, put on Metformin for 8 weeks then onto Clomid.
    Treatment: Clomid 50mg and folicle tracking

Hi Girls,

Just popped over form the Due in Jan '09 forum to fill you in on my story. Was diagnosed after no AF's for well over a year and put on Metformin for 8 weeks to begin with. Still no AF's, so after OH was tested i was then given 50MG of Clomid.

I had folicle tracking 1st month, which showed mature folicle on day 18, and AF arrived day 32. Progesterone levels were 55 (anything over 30 means you ovulated). They then said as i responded 1st time, just to get on with it really. I had bloods doen again 2nd month wheich came back at 113 and i got my BFP a few days later. I am now 14 weeks tomorrow and due 28th Jan.

Clomid is a great drug and the success rate is really good, a friend of mine caught 4th month on clomid and has just 3 weeks to go.

Good luck to everyone and hope you all gte your BFP's soon.

Jo x x
  • Its always nice to hear a success story jo,
    As far as the scan goes manicmiz, the one i had was like am internal one and they stick this like 'roger rabbit'!!!! up you with a condom on and push it against the sides of you inside and see your ovaries. I'm sure that someone can give you a more technical definition but thats mine!!!!! Hope it goes well for you.

Sx
  • Hi ladies I am over from the pregancy forum and had a wee read. Just to let u know that I have POCS and have had it since 2002. Never thought I wud get pregnant. Anyway in April 08 I was diagnosed with diabetes as well and they put me on metoformin. They warned me they use this to treat ppl with POCS as well for diabetes. To cut a long story short I was back at the docs 3 weeks later with 2 positive pregancy tests - i was pregnant after being on metoformin for only 3 wks and now I am 13 wks. So over the moon. We had been trying for 2 years.

Please dont give up. There is so much they can do for anyone who has this and metoformin is one of the drugs they use and it may be worth while mentioning metoformin to the docs. Please let me know how u all get on ladies

Best of luck. Joanne
  • Name: Natalie / it_must_be_love
    Diagonised: approx 2 & half years plus nine months (tried for two ans a half years after being diagnoised and just had my baby two weeks ago)
    treatment: I was rushed into hospital and had an 8cm sq lump removed from my oviary and was diagnoised from there. was on metformin which i restarted because it made me so tired i gave up the first time around (it does get easier if you stick to it tho!!) 850mg x 3 a day. As a result of metformin started to loose a liitle weight ... had put loads on the two years prior to being diagnoised went from size 10/12 to a stable 16!
    I got regular periods although not on set day of the month some times late some times early!
    we had lots of nookie and tried not to stress about it and enjoy the practiced lol
    took two and a half years to get pregnant but as i type i have my beautiful two week old boy in my other arm!!
    it can and does happen girls.. i just wanted to share my story!
    p.s once ive had my 6 week check i think i'd like to go back on to metformin.. i had to stop once i was pregnant.. but a week after birth i could fit into my pre pregnancy jeans... *big cheesy grin* think pregnancy levels out your sugar levels a bit.. xxx
  • wow that great. its nice to hear people in the same situation have successfully got pregnant.
    i'm just about to restart metformin tomorrow after a mix up at the hospital. hopefully i'll have the same luck and will be back to encourage others who have pcos
  • name: steph
    PCOS diagnosed: 29th september 2010
    Plan so far: nothing i've been told coz they still once a month they can't do anything. sometimes there at the beginging sometimes at the end they varey from 4 weeks to 12 weeks.
    Treatment: nothing

i really want to be a mum i want nothing more, i've been told i'm still i need to enjoy life a bit more. but i don't enjoy what most people my age are doing.
    when i found out i had PCO i was gutted, but when i was told you can still have kids i was so over the moon.