Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

A catch up for all that knows me

WEll i had my 1st appointment regarding PCOS last fri and decided that oh shoukldnt come and leave work short, but when i got there my DR was looking confussed that i was there just me. Just as i sat down the DR told me i was there for fertility testing to start so i told a white lie and said we have been TTC for 2 years. ( we are TTC 22 months so not a huge lie) As AF decided to show herself the day before that ( the thurs) he decided to do my 3day bloods then and i have to get 21 day bloods soonish well as they sugest on CD21 lol :lol: OH has to get Semen Analysis done. He is a bit nervous about it as he believes it will happen when its suppose to happen but will do it for me. I have been given 2 options for his appointment wait for ages on NHS or go Private. I was then told that it would cost ??80 to get him done and that is including an extra ??10 to check if it will be viable for IVF if needed. Is that pricing for private? I want private as they can see you much quicker than NHS can.

This has all left me a little freaked out as i have always wanted these tests but since we are getting them im feeling like do i really want to know if its goin to be bad news? It will be good to know either way but now i am getting these tests feeling funny about it and verry emotional ( but then that could be due to being CD5 and AF still here and strong.)

Thought i would update you all and keep you in the know LOL A huge congrats to all with BFP'S this weekend. XX

Replies

• Hiya hun!!!
    I have also just had my first fertility appointment on thurs.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world that you get your much deserved BFP very soon!!!!
    xxx
  • I really hope we both get the BFP we deserve and everyone here. How did your appointment go? XX
  • Yeh really good. I got my first peak ever on my cbfm the day of the appointment and so she sent me for bloods for fsh and lh then I have to have bloods on cd21 to confirm if I ovulated. If I dont get pg this cycle I will have my tubes checked and if they are clear it will prob be clomid. She said I need to continue to lose weight also.
    xxx
  • As i had a cyst on ly ovary reamoved a few months they could see my tubed were clear then so thats good for me. He didnt really say waht the next step is for me just that i neeed 21 day bloods to come back along with oh SA and then take it from there. He did say i need to check my BMI as i look to the eye to be on the low side but its fine for me. I hide my weight verry well. XX