Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

day 35 and still no af!

I'm officially going out of my mind! I've been waiting for af to arrive since the weekend, been having cramps for well over a week now but absolutely no sign of af. My cycles have been getting shorter since coming off the pill and this is the first time in 5 months that it has been longer.

I've said that i'm going to test at the weekend if still no sign but the waiting is a nightmare and I can't stop myself from getting my hopes up... I think a BFN would shatter me after all of this :'(

Argh

ARGH! :cry:

Replies

• i know the feeling abby im now on day 43 usual cycle last at most 35 days so god nos what is going on in htere this month lol
    i have done a couple of cheapy tests and then brought a clearblue and they all say bfn, im kinda holdin on to the thought hta maybe just maybe my hormone levels are low, ive got one more clear blue test in the house and its really hard not to use it, everyday ive woke up thinking that the witch will be here today maybe shes waiting for today being as its halloween lol just wish i knew either way now tho xx fingers crossed for you
  • Lordy you are in an even worse position than me! That is a really really long cycle - I think that is what is happening to me this time. Have you come of the pill recently? I really wish I could just summon up the courage to do a test but I think I'm going to jinx myself as soon as I buy it I bet af will arrive image

Fingers and toes totally crossed for you, really hope you get BFP. Let me know xx
  • i thought that i would deffo get af after buying a clearblue test and spending more money on it but nope she still stayed away so far. so i dont no wats going on. to be honest im hoping ive not start the change as i was 40 this year and its cud be a possibility but im trying not to think about that at the minute lol and im sure af is lurking on her broomsstick for tonight :evil:
  • I don't know much about the change - but I would have thought that maybe 40 is slightly young for that - my mum is 54 and is just going through it. Do you have kids already? If AF stays away i'd go see the doc - if you are over 35 and ttc I think they organise tests etc much more quickly. I am 27 and only been ttc for 5 months so absolutely no point in me going to docs at the moment - I'm sure they'll just tell me its my cycle getting back to normal after coming off the pill.

Do you feel any symptoms of af approaching?
  • hey im on day 32 of 28 so 4 days late, no symptoms and no AF EITHER. did a test and BFN just hoping hcg is low , gunna leave it till weekend before testing again. hope af stays away. oh did have a tiny bit of bloody mucas this morning (tmi) but nothingl ike before af.. so your not alone everybody whose late.

what you all think?

baby dust to all
  • chocoholicworm that sounds promising... maybe the bleeding you had was implantation. I hope its not the start of af and she stays away for you.

I don't really have any symptoms either (apart from no af lol) aside from some cramping pains in the last week and a mild feeling of nausea (but I think thats just because i've got myself worked up) but in early stages apparently some people don't get any symptoms so fingers crossed for you!
  • hi abby,
    remember no af is what you want! that with a BFP! really hope you get a good result this weekend - if you can wait that long!!
    very impressed with your restraint! good luck hon, wishing you a BFP!!! x
  • i have two children my son is 20 and daughter is nearly 17, oh doesnt have any, was pretty casual about it at the being you no if it happens it happens, now i wanna no why it hasnt happen lol althought Oh is lovely and just says chill out and enjoy the life we have already, argggghhhh lol its lovely but doesnt stop me wanting it more than i ever thought i would now, ive not really had any symptoms of af arriving as yet although im analising every twinge pain headache etc lol