Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sperms meets egg plan

Replies

• I did this without knowing it but started on CD6 and BD'd every other day got a smiley on CBD opk on CD16 and then BD'd CD16,17,18 & 19. So i didn't have the day off. Now 2dpo (going from 48hrs post smiley!) - hopefully this will work!

Jodie xx
  • fingers crossed mrslolly and jodie, hope it already worked.
    good luck dotty, im so impatient to get started.lol

moonandstars i cant start yet either, af was suppose to start today but is just lingering so wont be cd1 till tomorrow.xx
  • Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me crashing on your thread. I haven't been able to log on for ages after joining a few weeks ago. I met some of you then, but if I haven't yet said hi - Hi!!

Anyway, about this SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). DH and I tried this after multiple miscarriages. We adapted it slightly in that we bd every 3rd night, but when we got our smiley face, we bd that night and night after. I also took the robitussin medicine to help keep a helthier cm for the little swimmers. Anyway, good news is that it worked and our bundle of joy arrived last year! Hooray!

We are now trying for our no.2 and plan to go this route (ish) again. I ov'ed Fri but we had already bd on thurs, so then fri pm, sat am and left a night out last night. Fingers crossed it works again for us, but don't think it will happen the first proper month of trying. We'll see!

Purpose of this message though is to say that - yes it does work!!!

Have fun and good luck everyone. Here's to all our bfp's!
    Babydust to all x
  • hi maybebaby2, thanks for your post. i really hope it works for all of us too. i had read about the robitussin was thinking of taking it this month. do you take it all the time or just round about ov.

hope it has worked for you this month and your dont have to wait too long for you bfp.xx
  • hiya - i took it in the lead up to ov just in case i ov'd earlier than usual and i have taken it for a couple of days after getting a +ive on an ov stick. Hope this helps.

good luck and keep me posted with any develpments x all the best x
  • thanx hun, you too.xxx
  • I'm thinking about doing something similar - I'm not going to use OPK's I am just going to BD every 2 - 3 days - I had a 36 day cycle so I haven't a clue when I am due to ovulate so just gonna hope I get lucky! Good luck!
  • Day 12 today, how are the rest of you getting on??

I'm away from the OH for the night on Saturday so fingers crossed I don't ov that day!! Although I will see him in the morning so he won't be getting off lightly!!

http://lt1f.lilypie.com/7yMv.png

• lol dotty. i am only on cd2 i was hoping to be further in the cycle by now but af decided to take her time. i can wait to get started only 6 more days.lol
  • angel100 it looks like we are cycle buddies again. I'm also CD2!!!! Think i will give SMEP a go this month. Last chance saloon for us as au naturele as IVF starts early next year. Im so hoping i'm lucky this month. Good luck to all you ladies giving it a go. Baby dust to all. xxx
  • katie1 i really hope you are too, you here of a lot of women falling pregnant when they are due to start fertilty treatment lets hope your one of them, in the mean time we can be cycle buddys through our smep month.lol.xxx
  • Hi Ladies , hope you dont mind me crashing your chat! ... I have been trying almost 2 years. I am on day 6 at the moment so going to use this method this month!
  • of course we dont mind molliea the more the merried. im only on cd3 so impatient to get started.lol
  • I have a persona machine. clear blue tests and now this so surely something will happen !
  • fingers crossed hun.xxxx
  • Just wanna give you all hope that it does work i did it last month and i got my BFP

Sending baby dust to you all

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/FXhH.png

• Thank you! Congratulations Lea ...i have told hubby no going out on these days!!
  • thanks for posting lea, im still waiting to get started but really hope it ends with the news you have.xxxxxxx
  • well thought sd, i explained it quick on the post but this would have been easier.lol