Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

bit of advice please

Hello, right at the moment i have a merina coil. You still ovulate with this but i DONT bleed (this is normal and one of the advantages of the coil) anyway i rang the nurse at my family planning clinic and shes said because the coil doesnt actually affecting me ovulating, when i have the coil taken out in november my cycle will more than likely stay the say. Now i did a OPK yesterday and it was positive.But today it is negative but was just wondering if my cycle etc stays the same, then when would i expect to get a period once my coil is taken out and how will i know how long my cycle is? i never did any of this with my son i just had sex and fell preggie. Im seriously considering having my coil taken out this week and using condoms until im ready to start tryin so i can get my body back to normal and have a few periods etc but what if i fell pregnant. im not ready yet and i really need to loose some weight first. sorry for blabbering!!!! hope u can advise me about my cycle!!

Replies

• Hi

I had one of these coils after having my second, well actually had a 2nd one in after 5 years. Had my coil removed at the end of September then had 2 periods and fell pregnant. I unfortunately mc in January but fell pregnant again after 2 periods and am now 22 +1, I will be 41 when baby is due 4/12.

My period seemed to stay with the same pattern etc...I did start to use the ovulating sticks but got a bit obsessed and threw them all away and stuck to having sex for fun.

I really dont think they affect ovulating or fertility, and so personally would carry on with it whilst you lose weight...only because I found when I was having proper periods again I was really grumpy and I put on weight :x

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

C.x

• Hmm I thought the Mirena had a hormone effect and stops ovulation which is why periods are so light (or absent). Could be wrong but anyway I spoke to a rep once about it and was assured fertility returns as soon as it is removed.