Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Naive to want a September baby?

2»

Replies

• Hi

I can't comment on what month it is best to have a baby in as I haven't yet been lucky enough to become a mum.

As for planning a particular month I must say I think you are being a little naive. I'm 21 and got married in December 2009, I was lucky enough to fall pregnant on my second month of trying. Since I am young and healthy and did everything by the book, I thought everything would be wonderful. unfortunately I miscarried at about 7 weeks.

What I'm trying to say is, even if you are lucky enough to get pregnant on your 1st attempt, even the healthiest person doesn't necessarily get a smooth run of things. If you want a baby the best thing to do is to start trying and hope for the best, the birthday, in my opinion, has no relevance as long as there is a birth.

Rachel (still trying)
  • I've read the book outliers thats mentioned above! It's a very interesting read and theres lots of evidence to suggest that those born in the first half of the academic year are more successful than those born in the second half. Its such a good read, i couldn't recommend it enough!!

Having said that, i fell pg in April, due a december baby which funnily enough was the last month i would've picked given a choice! But i weren't going to not bd just because of the month it would be due. When i found out i was pg i was sooooo glad we did!

Sadly it ended in mc, and i'm now pg again due in March. I'd do anything to make sure this baby makes it and it's month of birth is totally irrelevant to me!

Believe me when you finally get your BFP the due date will be the last thing on my mind!

xx
  • Hi Lady2188 - it was me who mentionned about Outliers. My husband and I both read it and at the time we both said it would be good if we could have a Sept-Dec baby but now that I'm broody as hell that seems like the least important thing to me. Like you say having a healthy baby is the most important thing. Plus, we could wait until December to start trying and it could take us 6 months and then we'd be right back where we are now only a year on.

xx