Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just been to the doctors......

2»

Replies

• Just realised you probably have no idea who I am. I was/am 'not long now' on y&yw but for some reason chose a totally different name when I signed on here! I might change it!

Only two more days to wait, you must be so excited. I really hope you get a BFP x
  • Ahh, not long now! How are you?
    Any news for you on the TTC front?

I am very excited, but also trying to keep things in perspective. There is still a 50/50 chance that it will still come back as negative, so im trying not to set myself up for a fall.
    xx
  • I am excited for you, especially as the doctor said it sounds positive!! Any it would be really exciting to be a few weeks further on too... image Do you feel 'pregnant'?

No news from this front (making it slightly odd that I'm on here!!) as hubby is now not home for his next week of R&R until mid september and its sods law that I won't be ovulating that week. I've started charting though and taking my bbt and if things carry on the same I will be ovulating on our belated honeymoon in December!! x
  • Having never been "with child" im not sure how it feels to be pregnant!!!!
    Some days I have more symptoms than others. Yesterday I had lots of dizzy spells, the day before I had metallic taste in my mouth and today I have lower back ache and feeling sick.

So who knows?
    I know I probabley wouldnt notice any difference in my body physically at the moment, but my lower stomach does feel bloated, but quite firm.

I dont know what to think, I have visions of AF arriving and its all been a big hoax!

I really hope that you and hubby get to put some efforts in when he is back in sept, thats only a few weeks away.

If not, all sounds good for December, you will have plenty of time to put the effort in then!!!
    xxxx
  • Mrs D do a test, my comp at home is broke and i only work till wed so i wont know till next monday what the results are!!! fingers crossed honey, i think it all sounds very promising, cant believe you've only done 2 tests that so good, i'd prob have done 4 or 5 by now LOL!!!! good luck, **lots of sticky baby dust** Vix xxxx
  • Twissle pie thats sooo funny!
    My best friend is desperate for me to do more tests as well, she does tests for fun when she is trying to get pregnant!

I dont know how to explain the feeling I have right now, but I almost fee like my stomach is "stretching" - does that make any sense? Im not in pain, its just a really wierd senseation, a very mild feeling but feels like my lower belly is sort of lifting up and widening.
    Im sure this makes no sense and im sure im gonna feel a complete tit when the doctors tell me im not pregnant!
    xxxx
  • OMG how exciting image Just keep telling yourself it can go either way and that way if it is a BFN then it will be easier not easy but easier to deal with.

I think you should do another test tomorrow morning and see what it saysimage i am getting all excited and carried away for you now lol

k XX
  • Dont!
    I am too!!!
    Even OH is getting his hopes up! He kept trying to wait on me hand and foot last night!
    I have thought maybe I ahd been taking the tests wrong, thats why BFN and that maybe the last one I did was a duff ebay one and that was a week ago, so maybe thats why it didnt show up.
    I know no AF is a good sign, but if i get BFN from docs then I think i will be really worried something is wrong with me.

If I get BFP then I think I will faint as I will be almst 7 weeks!!!

Can you sense that there is a possibility that im getting carried away here?!
    Please let it be my month!
    xxxx
  • LOL look there is no harm in wishing you know or getting excited but i will be a friend now and say you have to think it could go either way. I am only saying this because I do not want you to found it hard to deal with if it is anything other than a BFP.

I really will keep everything crossed for you and if you can try your hardest to put it somewhere in your mind and get on with the week till friday.

I will be in Barcelona on friday so wont find out now till next Monday - its going to kill me!!

K xx

http://tt.lilypie.com/IMrOp1/.png

• I know, thanks K-Lou, I know you make sense.

Everyone keeps telling me I must be pregnant otherwise AF would have arrived - even the doctor said that was a really good sign, but untill someone can confirm this, its doing my head in!

You may find out before you got to Barcelona, you never know, i may get a digital one when I go to tesco tonight!
    xxxx
  • You so have to test in the morning image

K xxx

http://tt.lilypie.com/IMrOp1/.png

• That's really exciting. Your doctor is much more supportive than mine. I'm a little confused about what test she is doing for you with your urine? Is it another HCG test or something different? Could they not do the test for you whilst you waited? I thought blood tests were more accurate, especially if you have low HCG levels.

I saw my GP at 6 weeks after my last period (I had 4 days of brown discharge 4 days before my period was due) and she told me there was no way I could be pregnant with a negative blood test. I'm now in my 10th week since my last period and I know what you mean about the stretching feeling. I had it in my abdominals and this week I have felt it in my seat bones. I too will feel really stupid if it turns out I am not with all these symptoms. My breasts are 2 sizes bigger already and still growing and very painful. Blue veins are really obvious now, and have been for more than two weeks. I definitely did not have this before. I can't believe it. But the most amazing feeling is that in my tummy. It's difficult to describe the sensation but it's been there since I ovulated on 19th May and sometimes in the day it's stronger than others. My tummy is starting to feel tight, hard and swollen. I have done 3 hpts in 8 weeks (since my first missed period) and they have all been negative. I am wondering how I can be so completely crazy and feel this yet not have a positive test. My GP clearly thinks I've lost the plot and won't do anything. I'm 34, I've never ttc before so I don't know what it should feel like but there's no doubt I haven't had a period since we started trying and I cannot make up the physical symptoms. I had my smear tests results back yesterday and they show everything is fine. The FPC took a smear 2 weeks ago as they thought I wasn't pregnant due to the -ve test and wanted to eliminate other problems. The nurse was most surprised to find I had a purply cervix when she inserted the speculum and the most she could say was this was a possible sign of pregnancy and I should wait another month to see if my period came. I have a private scan booked for next Monday to find out what is creating these symptoms. The wait is excruciatingly long!
  • OMG Light weight, you sound well pregnant!
    I thought my situation was a bit f**ked up!!
    Have you had a blood test for pregnancy?
    My GP is just sending my urine sample for a lab pregnancy test, thats all, just said they are a bit more sensitve and done under test conditions, so it may show up that way.
    If it comes back as negative I dont know what I will do!
    I know I couldnt wait 8 weeks to find out - well actually, Im only about 10 days off that!
    So you mind if I ask how you booked your private scan and how much it cost?

Hopefully that will let you know whats happening.
    xxxxxx
  • I feel well pregnant too! We all get so hung up on these tests but for some people, the hormones aren't released into the bloodstream for some reason so the tests will not show. It's very frustrating, and really bad that some GPs think that the tests are an absolute reliable way of diagnosing pregnancy. Especially when you know your own body and know that something has changed. I too have always been clockwork on my cycles, bang on 25 days every month and have been for years as far as I know. I found out about the scan from posting on this forum only last week. I am based in Yorkshire and one of the girls on this site told me about a place in Barnsley. I found out that some places only do scans from 20 weeks so I found another called babyview that do an early assessment. It's costing ??95 but well worth it to find out for sure. The earliest they could do is next Monday, I'm not patient at the best of times so this is a long week. Try doing a google search for early assessment scans or ultrasound. I think the 4D clinics are for the more advanced pregnancies. Where are you based?
  • Im based in worcestershire. I may look that up if nothing comes of the tests.

I think deep down im really expecting a BFN and then I feel really stupid for even thinking that I am, but like you say, sometimes you just know things are different.

I think im also at the stage where im not sure if I feel different or if Im telling myself things are different, if you get what I mean!

I bet you are really looking forward to the scan and finding out for sure whats going on.
    I know it seems along way away, but you could almost be at the stage where you can start telling people you are pg once you have had the scan! Thats exciting!
    xxxxx
  • Yay! People who know me might suspect already given my recent change in shape. I do know what you mean though, I will feel really silly if my periods suddenly start again. I have wondered for weeks if I could be imagining the feelings and kept thinking that I had made my breasts bigger by wanting to be pregnant. I went and got measured at the weekend and it's official, I am 2 sizes bigger so I know I can't be imagining that bit! When I saw my GP at 4 weeks and then at 6 weeks, she made me feel completely stupid and like I had made it all up. She just told me to go home and wait for my period to come. It's really awful not knowing for sure what is going on but everytime I have some doubts creeping in, I get a strong reassurance when I feel how tender my breasts are. The sensation I have in my tummy also feels so so real and I have certainly never experienced anything like it. I wondered if I too could be imaging that but the sensation comes on really strong quite frequently when I'm not even thinking about it. I can be in the middle of a really intense business meeting when I suddenly feel it. It's hard to explain exactly what it feels like but it's really warm and lovely and if I'm not pregnant, I'm happy to keep the breasts and tingly tummy. No-one knows that we're even trying so it will be a complete shock to everyone if I am. Hopefully you'll get the positive result back this week but don't be too disappointed if nothing shows up yet. Listen to your body... My partner and I are continuing as if there is a possibility that I am not (even though he is convinced I am). We didn't in the first month as I had a lot of cramping and I also bled a little after sex in 7th week but now I feel really good and am enjoying it more than ever.
  • right im going home now, so i shall just have to go and find a computer whilst im off!!!!! fingers crossed, sooooooo hope its a BFP, loads of luck hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx