Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cerazette??

Hi

I was just wondering whether anyone, prior to ttc, has taken the contraceptive pill cerazette? I have been reading reviews online about this pill all of which has been really bad regarding the return of a normal cycle, which is what i'm having problems with at the moment - since coming off this pill in jan i am still waiting for a period. I know all of us trying to conceive don't want a period, but at this moment in time, a period would be great just so i know everything is back to normal. If anyone was on this pill, how long did it take for your normal cycle to return? Heather xx :roll:

Replies

• Options
    Hi Heather, I took cerazette for about a year, came off it in July last year and was pregnant by September! Sadly miscarried in November but here I am now 14+2. I didn't wait for a period to start ttc, but after mc I had one bleed for 12 hours then found I was pg. I'm probably an exception to everyone else but just thought I'd share my story xx
  • Options
    Hi xsazzyjayx, congratulations on your pregnancy, i hope everything goes ok this time. We have already started ttc, but because I still haven't had a period and each pregnancy test I do is negative, I'm beginning to wonder where its gone! Heather xx
  • Options
    Thank you. My periods have always been irregular, which was probably the reason why we didnt wait for me to have one. Are you taking folic acid? Its just that I've heard numerous people saying this helps a lot! I took it before we ttc last time round and it worked quickly! This time though I had to stop taking it as it was agreeing with me...not a lot does at the moment! HAHA! xxx
  • Options
    Hi sazzy, I've been taking folic acid tablets since 6th January. Heather xx
  • Options
    Seems like you're doing everything right then, all I can say is have lots of sex and don't just set your mind to ttc, you also need to be happy and not stressed xx
  • Options
    hi, i took this pill after my 1st child as its all i could take because i was breastfeeding. i was fine on it, felt abit strange never having a period tho. i started taking it in the march and until the following feb had no blood loss at all until i woke up one mornin and was bleeding and then went to the toilet and lost abit more than blood.i went 2 the hospital and found out i was 14weeks pregnant and there was still a baby there! i never once missed a pill or took it late and the chances of becoming pregnant on this pill are 1 in a thousand! so i never got to find out what happens when u come off it. after having my second little boy i havent gone back on the pill and dont inttend to now after my experience, every1s different tho so u cant go by what anyone says. your bodies your own and patience is probably the key 4 the moment but if its taking longer than u like then go and see your gp to put your mind at ease or 4 some answers
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind words Julia and Sazzyjay, I've actually got an appointment with the doctor in the morning. The things i've read about cerazette are really bugging me and i want to go and see whether this could be a reason for the missing period. I can try for nowt can't I. Heather xx
  • Options
    Hi, Heather, How did appointment go with dr? xxx
  • Options
    basically in may 05 i went to the doctor for a check up and pill perscription (microgynon at the time), i saw a diff dr to usual and instead of just reamming of a script she did some test, and said tactfully that as i was 'carrying extra weight' i was in a high risk group and should change pill, she suggested cerazette and explained the change over, she said oh you might have a period might not, or maybe a bit of spotting here and there! well this was a week before my wedding and i was like NO! i cant risk waking up that morning grumy and spotty, so this was sort of when we decided to stop taking the pill altogether. at my 6 wk check up (lo is now 17wks) she put me back on it, i had 2 periods in 1 month(feb) and nothing since.
    i went to the dr the other day for something else, but i mentioned this and she was like oh thats fine. no its not, what if i did get pg again how would i know???? my periods were always spot on before.
  • Options
    Hi Susie, that sounds very similar to what doctor said to me before i went on to Cerazette as i am overweight. I've been to see my new doctor and she has taken bucketloads of blood to test for all diffent things, including hcg (just in case), doing a hormone balance test. Hopefully now i'll be able to get somewhere, and believe me, i don't think i will ever have been happier to have a period! How long did it take you to conceive? (if you don't mind me asking) and were you 'carrying extra weight' when you did get pregnant? Heather xx