Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help understanding cycles please!

Hi everyone,

I came off the pill in February and my husband and I have just started TTC. However, I'm not really sure how to count my cycles as they've been really weird!

After my withdrawal bleed my first cycle was a perfect 28 days. However, I then had another bleed starting 15 days later. This wasn't really like a proper period, more like heavy spotting but it lasted 3 days so I didn't know whether to count it or not. I then had a proper period 32 days later and thought I was back on track but last night (on CD 17) I had spotting again. So far this hasn't developed into anything but I'm really confused! Do you think I should count the spotting as a period or ignore it? Has anyone else experienced this? I knew it would take some time for my body to get back to normal but this is just strange!

Thank you!

Replies

• It oould be mid cycle spotting related to ovulation. I never had this before, but since coming off the pill have had it every month, sometimes before ovulation and sometimes afterwards. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was nothing to worry about and a good sign of fertility. Might be worth reading up on it or asking your doc.
  • Thanks loobylou. Maybe that is it. I'll start googling!