Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

when to test

Just wondering if someone could tell me how soon after conception a pregnancy test would give you an acurate answer. Am not ttc, just a query and thought u guys would be the people to ask. Thanx

Replies

• hi, some pregancy test can show as early as 4 days before an expected period is due, although it doesnt always wk tht way, mine were all neg until i was 3 wks late and then it was a faint line. i would leave it till perioed due date of week later.
  • Thanx Kelly. The only problem is I don't know when my next period is due coz I haven't had one since having my baby. I know when I would have conceived if I am and am thinking it would be something like two weeks before I can test coz u conceive near the middle of a cycle right? Just not sure. Know it is very unlikely, haven't even had any signs, just know I was silly and can't stop thinking about the possibility of what if. Just would like to know when I can test and put myself out of my misery.
  • Hi dawnie359 have you had your 6 week post natal check up, if not the surgery nurse will do a smear but she will check with firstly if there is any chance you could br pg again. How old is your baby? perhaps you won't have long to wait. Hope this helps Lisa xxx
  • I didnt get a positive result untill I was a week late- i was using clearblue that claim early detection but it wasnt untill 1 week after my period was due it finally showed up positive.