Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tecso pregnancy tests

Did I hear that Tescos sell them really cheaply? Are they as reliable as more expensive ones, like clearblue? Just wondering if its worth paying the extra!

Thanks,

Jasmine

Replies

• Options
    I used Tescos tests every time I tried. Really cheap and just as effective!
  • Options
    Very pleased to hear that - thank you!
  • Options
    i also used tescos and thye done the trick they are very good, there meant to be quite sensative
  • Options
    i have heard of one girl having a problem using them hun but only one and they are really cheap something to do with a line that was going the wrong way??
  • Options
    I think the "own brand" tests are less accurate than known brands... I used First Response and got a BFP first time.. Two days before my AF was due x
  • Options
    On Monday I used a Tesco test because I couldn't believe the price difference, and got a BFP at least two days before AF was due, they don't look as cool but they do the job!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses. Was planning ahaead to where to buy tests from next month, but got a BFP this morning! I had convinced myself that it hadnt happened this month - didnt dare get excited incase.
  • Options
    Well done Jasmine02 !!!!!!! Do you think stockng up on Tesco tests did the trick??
  • Options
    Congratulations Jasmine02!!! Fantastic news. For others still ttc... I also used the Tesco tests and think they are excellent! I felt happier testing "just in case" when I knew it was not costing me a fortune... and they work!
  • Options
    I used tesco tests and i had no problem! I had one neg test then a positive 4 weeks later!
  • Options
    Asda have cheap ones as well, ??3.98 for two. Bargain!
  • Options
    asda's ones are great too, they are very sensitive (25miu) which is the same as first response!
    had a positive with them when i conceived last time.