Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New to this site.. Need help and advice on getting pregnant!

Hi, Im new to this site and Ive been trying to get pregnant for the 2nd time for 2 years. I have a 5 year old son which was a complete surprise when i found out i was pregnant.. Me and my Husband are desparatly wanting a little brother or sister for our son.
We have tried the " Not thinking about it.." tried different positions, Ive changed my diet, Wasnt a big drinker anyway.. The doctors sent use for test's which came back normal... Ive pretty much lost all faith now!!!! PLEASE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT WITH NEW TRIED AND TESTED ADVICE...THANKYOU

Replies

• Hi JandJ,

Have you tried SMEP? (sperm meets egg plan?) It's especially for women who have been pregnant before although anyone can try it!
    xx
  • Hi, Opalfruit.. I have never heard of SMEP!! How would i find out more and would i have to pay for it? Thanks for getting back to me... xx
  • Yes the SMEP is very popular on here but I have never tried it. Someone had a good website for this so maybe if you post a topic asking about this specifically you may get somewhere.

Lots of luck xxx
  • Hi hun, sorry to hear you've not had any success for your 2nd pregnancy.

I havent had a baby before so no advice to offer really just to echo the SMEP plan is meant to be really effective.

Do you temp or use a CBFM?? clearblue fertility monitor might be worth you giving that a try too.

Good luck hun and welcome to BE xx
  • In a nutshell:

BD every other night starting Day 8
    Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
    Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
    When test is positive, BD that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    Skip one night, then do one last BD for luck!
    Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
    If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Goodluck!