Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can someone explain this to me!!!

Hey there ladies

I was hoping someone could explain how charting your temp works. I've never done it before but I thought I would give it a bash this time round.

I OV'd on cd 42 (long cycle, due to pill) anyway I took my temp the next day. I wasn't sure where to take it from (arm or mouth) so I dont both. Mouth was 36.7 arm was 36.2 that would have been 1 dpo. I think took it 2 dpo and it was the same as the day before, 3 dpo was also the same but today which would be 4dpo its gone up, mouth temp was 37 and arm was 36.5.

To be honest I dont even know if I am doing it right and I am just using a boots own digital thermoniator.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing it right and if so what does it mean if it rises or falls after ov'ing.

xxxx

Replies

• I'm sure someone can give you a better answer, as I don't actually chart temps. But didn't want to r&r.

You take it daily, before you get up in the morning and start moving about. It has to be around the same time every day. I don't think it'll matter if you take it orally or under your arm, as long as you read one and don't mix the 2 results.

A digital thermometer is fine, the BBT ones have 2 decimal places, but that's not actually necessary.

You need to chart all through your cycle, so you can see a dip before ov, then a rise. Then if af is due there is sometimes another dip.

HTH, and someone can tell you more. xx
  • Yeah I thought I needed to take it throughout my cycle but thought I would start now so that I kinda know what I am doing!

What does HTH mean? I think I am having a daft day today!

xx
  • Hope that helps. xx
  • Ah thanks babe, you have helped me at least I know kinda what I'm going now.

Do you know what it means if it keeps rising after OV'ing

xx
  • If it stary high after ov, it can mean pg. But there are ouside factors like illness, and different times of day to be factored in. I don't think you can get a proper reading, unless you have monitored it for a couple of months. xx
  • Ah right I get it now, well I will keep doing it although I hope I wont have too if I get a BFP this month, fingers crossed
    xxxx
  • i think mithical has pretty much said everything. although i didn't know you could take it under your arms, i should have tried that rather than mouth!!

i used Boots thermometer too.

have a look on fertility friend if you want to see people's charts - you can search for people's charts which i found very useful last cycle.

here is my chart (ignore the current chart - i wasn't going to chart it this month, but decided to on Friday!). the second chart is from last cycle when i got bfp.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/202f65

pma to you! xx