Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any good tips when TTC

HI
Don't know if can be much help. Brief history miscarried after 3wks in Jan and then tried like mad since then to no avail.
So decided to have April off from baby making and only had sex 3 times in 4 wks and am now 4wks pregnant. Still early days i know but i do think taking a more relaxed approach helps. However i know that this is really infuriating advice to give so don't mean to patronise. Have you been to your gp?

Replies

• Hi there,
    I'm new to this site. Been trying for over 2 years with little success. Being honest, in those two years we have not tried as hard as we could.
    Just looking to find out any tips you guys might want to share?.....apart from the obvious (lol)
  • my advice is dont tell dh when ovulating. track your periods and find out what day you are ovulating, then do something to get your oh in the mood, i think it takes the pressure of him and makes it more sexy and fun. that way i think you relax more.

before i tried the above I also tried lying on back legs up against the wall after sex which my friend with 4 kids swears by but dh kept taking the piss.
    good luck xx
  • Thanks both for the good advice. Yes I have been to the doctor last summer. He wants OH in for tests & OH is resisting!
    Also I have been silly & told him when I am ripe (lol) & it has put us both off. I will try the not trying & keeping secrets & see what happens.
    Cheers ladies x
  • Hi Wooly, have you tried ovulation kits? Just a thought? Might help with the best time for you guys to try. OH and I have been trying since honeymoon in September, also not really been trying that hard until this month, so I have my fingers crossed. Advice from my pals with kids are the pillow under the bum for 20 mins after sex, doing it every other day to give sperm time be reproduced, afternoon sex (several have told me it's the best time to conceive and worked for them) and several have tried for months and fallen the minute they stopped thinking about it or decided it wasn't going to happen. This one has certainly made me not get obsessed about it and to realise it will happen when the time is right. These are the things I am keeping in mind, hopefully it will happen for you soon. Good luck x
  • Hi, sorry to hear you are having a hard time ttc. My oh and I were v surprised as we managed it the first month of trying and we basically had nooky everyday from first day af had finished up until a couple of days before my next af was due. I would go to sleep with my knees scrunched up (which is supposed to help) and lie with my feet up on the sofa to give the fellas a helping hand! Think we were extremely lucky as I was on the pill for 9 years so thought it would take me a while to get my system back to normal.
    Try and persuade your oh to go and see the doctor, he is probably worried that if there is something wrong you will resent him so try and reassure him. Everything may be totally fine, and if it isn't then there are always other options and the sooner you find out the sooner you can start exploring them.
    I have also heard that having a holiday can help as it puts you both in the mood and helps you both relax.

I have a friend who had been ttc for a few years and was in the process of seeing her GP for fertiliy tests etc. On her first visit her GP did a few tests and said well, I am afraid there isn't much we can do for you as you are already pregnant!! Turned out she was 4 months gone and hadn't even realised as she had still been having very light periods! So you never know!!

Sending you lots of baby dust, hope it happens for you soon. xxx

• 'Daytime Passion' definitely worked for us!
    After ages of doing it on the 'right days' but in the evening, we just had no luck at all. I'd been using ovulation kits so I was pretty sure I had the days right. I read somewhere that maybe my egg wasn't still alive by that time?! (something like that anyway).
    First month of lunchtime liaisons and hey presto!

• Thanks ladies for more good advise. Defo gonna try a litle bit of every thing suggested so far.
    OH took me to shop to get anything remotely invented for TTC yesterday.
    Its brought me a huge amount of comfort hearing your suggestions Thanks!!!