Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

First period after pill

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good new year's eve!

I came off the pill last month and have just got my period on Saturday (boo hoo!) but it only lasted til yesterday. Two and a half days - is this right for coming off the pill?

Good news is that if my cycles stay like this, 30 days, then I'll know where I stand each month. Somehow, I dont think my body is going to make it that easy for me! :\(

Replies

• mine are certainly a lot lighter than before and during the pill, they used to be 5-7days now they are about 3 days and one of them is very light x
  • Hey piggypops, dont mean to be nosey but how have your cycles been since coming off the pill? Are they pretty regular?

I'm hoping mine stay at 30 days, that would be fantastic, at least I'd know whats what!!!!
  • 67, 42, 37 currently on CD 19 with no sign of OV
  • At least they're getting shorter!

Wishing you lots of luck in 09 for a BFP x
  • thankyou and for you x
  • Mine were very light after coming off the pill , 2-3 days, and very light. Mine were pretty much 30-32 straight away, with a random 40 dayer!

Good Luck!
  • I also just came off the pill last month after being on it for 13 years. I had a 24 day cycle and my period lasted 4 days.

Am very excited to be TTC. Good luck to everyone!
  • my first cyce was 40 days my period lasted 2 days, then the next cycle was 38 days and again lasted 2 days x
  • hi, my periods went straight to a 32 day cycle and are 2-3 days and really light!!

Fingers crossed this will be our year girlies!

xx
  • Thanks for your replies ladies, its nice to know that others have this too. I think its hard coming off the pill because you never know what to expect, this site is a godsend!