Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OH isnt ready for a baby :-(

2»

Replies

• my hubby and i have always talked about having a family but he wasnt sure and was really worried about the concept of being a dad but recently he has totally come around to the idea and it was him that suggested i come off the pill....and after seeing my cousin celebrating his first birthday the other week,,,,he know is totally keen! and is besotted love with the idea of us starting a family..so send the baby dust this way

dont worry.,..they will come around eventually..im sure of it
  • thanks everyone. and good luck to everyone who is ttc! xxx
  • I have been with OH for 7 years and when we met he told me he was never having children (I was 21 he was 30). For the past 3 years i ahve been dropping hints and just bringing up the subject around him and gradually he has changed his mind - in february I spoke to him about it and he suggested I stop taking my pill when my prescription ran out - which was April!! It was his decision for me to stop which was amazing considering it was such a turnaround from 7 years ago! I have been really broody for about 5years but had to be sensible and respect his decision - after all it takes two and I didn't want to lose him! Don't do anything stupid otherwise you may lose him if he doesn't really want to - or he may feel trapped and resent you for it xx
  • yes i understand immense. thats a long time that you have been waiting...i did have another "little baby chat" with oh this morning, he didnt ignore me which he usually does, and i was just asking a few little thing like "would you like to find out the sex of the baby?" and "would you come to the scans with me?" and he answered all my questions which is a good sign. i know it could take ages for him to change his mind, but i certainly dont want to loose him. he knows i am no longer taking the pill (im on my period at the mo) so he knows its condoms from now on unless he wants a baby. hows ur symptoms at the moment immense?
    xx
  • At least he is opening up - that is a good sign xx Like you said, it is his responsibility now x

My symptoms are driving me crazy - i really feel like I could be and have very positive symptoms - however 3 tests later and all BFN - Am now 8 days late. I am going to wait and see what happens and have docs booked for 1 1/2 wks time if nothing happens to see if they will do bloods or scan to find out so I know for definite!
  • my OH goes up and down also, yesterday he was talking as though it would be fine to ttc this month then today he says 'not yet' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh make your mind up man!