Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any younger ladies TTC??

2»

Replies

• I was 25 when I had my 1st (29 now and ttc #3) when I didnct classes we were the youngest there and only one of a handful of married couples. I look at my mum and dad who at 35 - 40 years old were able to start living their lives again by going off on hols on their own. Plus me and hubby acn retire at 50 and didn't want to have to work on to put lo through uni!! xx When you're ready - you're ready!

http://tt.lilypie.com/OheQp1/.png

[Modified by: taffygirl on June 16, 2008 11:04 AM]
  • hiya I'm 25 now - we concieved Ollie (a surprise) wheni was 23, and gave birth 5 days before my 24th birthday, we've been ttc no2 for 10 months now, with no joy so far.

Keep hoping each month is ours then am so upset when it isnt.

Not sure sure bout being young either - my body is telling me I'm definately old! :lol:

xxxx

(also wanted to say that hubby is 40 next year, and would prefer it if he wasnt 60 when no2 was going to school........ so although I'm young, we havent really got 'plenty of time' like everyone, inc stupid insensitive doctors, seems to think...)

[Modified by: S.Y on June 16, 2008 11:03 AM]
  • I am 27 now but ahd my first at 21. I was by far the youngest in all my antenatal classes and at mother and baby groups, I found it quite hard to make friends with other mums as they werealsmot all nearer 40. I want to have another one now because I don't want a huge gap, and it's already 6 years! he way I see it, if you ahve kids young then you can have your freedom again when you reach your mid 40's, and you'll have more money to enjoy!
  • I'm actually starting to feel old now!! I'm 30 and have been ttc for 12 months now. Been with DH coming up for 8 years and married for 2 years. I have always wanted children but I have also wanted to wait a while before having them. I'm not sure why but it just seemed to 'fit' me, if you know what I mean.

I don't think age is important at all. As long as you are emotionally and mentally geared towards looking after a child then that's all there is to it.

I don't have many friends with children, literally only one I can think of....so that's probably why I still consider myself relatively young on the ttc race!!

Good luck to all the wannabe mums out there. We ALL deserve it.

Babydust

xxxx
  • it has been great reading all the other posts in this topis, it's good to know im not alone! i am 20 and oh is 26, we have been together 2 and a half years and are engaged, although not planning to get married any time soon, want lo's first! we are going to start ttc in august after my 21st birthday. i know im young, but have been broody since i was about 15! ive thought about it loads and both of us feel ready and really want it, we live together and have good full time jobs, so going to go for it, despite what family / friends / strangers may think. lo will be loved with all hearts and thats whats important right?! xxxx
  • King mcfadden and babyb - I am with you on feeling old by this!! I am 28 and my OH is 37 and we are going for our 1st - I have wanted to for a few years though, and if finances had been ok we probably would have started 3 - 4 years ago!! I don't think you are too young, if you are setlled in life and have stable home and relationship - just think - you will all be young mummies!!
  • I feel old too! I'm 28 and so is hubby which is not too bad but older than I would like to been having my first baby. Esp. as haven't even an af in 6 months let alone a bfp!!!! But what really makes me feel old is the fact that I have two stepchildren who are 10 and 8. The doctor said to me 'You're young, you're only 28, you've got loads of time', but when you're dealing with pre-teen mood-swings every week you don't feel young!!!! Can feel grey hairs growing! lol xxx
  • I'm so glad you posted this thread! Im 24, been married 2 years and so desperately want a baby! We have only just started trying though so fingers crossed I'll have a baby when Im 25 which I think is a perfect time to have a first baby, as ideally we would like 2 or 3 and we would prefer to be youngish parents if we are blessed enough to be!

Bx
  • i am 24 and married! got married last july when i was 23, have been with my husband for just over 6 years (he is 25 now,24 when we married). we are trying for our 1st baby-cycle 10 of trying so pma is a bit shaky! i don't think age is a problem as long as you are stable in your relationship/life/work etc. me and hubby would have tried earlier we just wanted to get our careers moving first as we are both young and had the luxury of doing that rather than having to rush ttc because of body clocks ticking! baby dust to everyone!