Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Golden Girls Cycle Buddies

Replies

• SD - so glad they're doing something for you - I read your other post. I hope your doc's isn't like mine though and keeps you waiting an hour everytime you go in!!!

Frecks - I know what you mean about this week compared to the 2ww! I will be in it this time next week - dooh! Last month I stopped running in the 2ww and then the stress of it made me drink instead! Obvioulsy none of that was very helpful!!!

Does anyone get fed-up with people telling you to relax all the bloody time - serioulsy if I hear one more person say it I will die! SD it is all over your thread - relax, relax, relax, :x You try relaxing when you know it'll only happen once a month and you've had 2, possibly 3 mc's and you wonder if it's ever going to happen or if you'll actually stop ovulating before you get a sticky bean! Sorry having a rant now!

Anyway I do have more pma this month as the way I see it is I'm getting all the bad luck over and done with and I'll be due my sticky bean soon :\)
  • Hi BOB yeah it does get on my nerves a bit but I know people are only trying to help.

I had to tell my boss today whats been going on as I got upset at work, have been late and like a zombie. Theres a guy at work who got wind we were trying and has been calling me mother for about a month and saying hows the twins etc for a joke and each time i tell him am not pregnant but today I just snapped. So my boss had a word with him. Honestly I cant hide anything even if I wanted to only work in a small office with 12 people in the organisation so we are like a close knit family and all know each others business.

She was fine and was very sympathetic and said she has been through the same thing, really I told her because I am going to have to take time out of work or be late in when I go for these blood tests so at least she knows.

Fingers crossed we will get our BFP's and they will be super sticky everyone. See I cant even take comfort in knowing have had a mc or can get pregnant because nothing was confirmed. Dont take that the wrong way I know what your going through isnt to take comfort in but I mean I dont even know if I can get pregnant but doc seems to think with the faint lines on tests and pains in my stomach and bleeds that they have been very early mc so who knows.

I meant to ask docs are checking to see if I am ovulating, I have been getting pos opks can you get pos opks and not actually ovulate. I am actually on another 1ww as got a positive opk last friday night but am staying relaxed and waiting for my af to turn up

xx
  • hi everyone

jay- im going to devon for the week but will know if ive got bfp or bfn by then he he! im getting so impatient x

sd- sorry to hear you not got any answers yet but glad they doing something now x

good luck everyone else x
  • thanks for adding me, my last af was 19th april. is anyone doing anything diff this month? jen x
  • good to see all the PMA, I have tons of it right now so whoever needs some...
    We will try SMEP this month, OH wants to try it. He is also taking zinc and vits and I am changing my diet(permanently, not only this month) and using OPKs
    xx
  • I'm having a naughty evening tonight, got a glass of red wine and a vodka and coke on the go at the same time. OMG i sound like a right drunky drunkard dont I!! he he well its not as if im in my 2ww or OVing at the mo so i spose it doesnt really matter. Got to enjoy myself whilst i can!
    Hubby and I are watching tv and he's just asked me who im talking to. Said im talking to my friends. Well you are all my friends really arent you! My god im getting sentimental, must be the drink ha ha xx

Cant believe it....we've just had new carpet laid and i said to hubby we must christen the new carpet and all i got was "well we dont want to stain it now do we". WTF I said just put a bloomin blanket down or something that can be washed!
    Bloomin men theyre just not romantic sometimes are they!
    Think i might go upstairs and put golden girls on as seems to get him in the mood when he comes to bed?? Might just be a coincidence but it does seem that everytime i have it on he gets in the mood but if im watching a film or something else in bed then hes not bothered. hmmmm

BOB - maybe you can cut and paste the info from my first post so you can update? Definately know how you feel on the people telling you to relax front. I would be rich by now if i had ??1 for every time people said that to me.

The trouble is weve been trying for about 11 months now and im a little scared to go to the docs in case they tell me ive got something wrong with me. I know that sounds really silly. Also the first 3 months of trying i think dont really count as my periods didnt really return back to normal until then and also hubby had just a blase attitude in that if it happens it happens and not bothering whether it was the right time or not. I think hes more bothered now but he didnt seem to be before. I mean take last cycle, i said to him that I was 4 days late and he was like "oh ok" and then the next day when i said i had come on all i got was "oh ok". I was a little peeved at this as i thought thats not really supporting me. All i wanted him to do was give me a hug and say dont worry we'll try next month. I eventually told him this after a couple of days of sulking about it (yes i am a big sulker) and he now realises he could have been more supportive. He's even asked when im at my most fertile! Hopefully were getting somewhere now then! xxx

Have a good weekend anyway girls xx Anyone got anything planned?

Jx

[Modified by: Jay78 on April 23, 2010 09:48 PM]

• Hi Jay, well i was joining you in spirit, or should I say spirit's' last night as I was on the long island iced teas!!! I had 4 huge ones and was rather drunk by the time we got back to our friends house! We're actually in Chicago this weekend and taking a nice break after all the crap that's happened. We came on Thursday night and so me and dh had a nice lunch down town yesterday and then walked around the park, then I was allowed some retail therapy - bought a really nice necklace, which I wanted, but it was rather pricey, still I do looooovvvvee it image

So we're off out to dinner tonight, not sure what we're doing today as our friends have not emerged from their bedroom yet! I'm not feeling a 100% myself this morning - I wonder why image How do you feel today after your lovely mixture of alcohol??? ;\)

So your dh gets turned on by the GG's hey? Interesting image

As for the carpet christening my dh is the same sometimes, 'why do you want to do it there when we have a nice comfy bed in the bedroom?'. You should get your dh on the vodka and cokes too and then seduce him on the carpet maybe that'll do it, if not you'll have to put the GG's on :lol:

Why don't you start doing your temps that way you can tell when you've ov'd and I can't remember, do you use opk's? I use the cheap ones and they work absolutely fine. That at least gives me the peace of mind that I'm about to, and then I have ov'd. That's about all I know though. Like you said I wouldn't count the first 3 months either. In fact when I was pg the first time if you count all the times we weren't trying that hard before we actually got pg we were at 14 months of ttc. We all seem to have different issues, me - keeping them, SD - not knowing what's going on, and you not getting pg yet, what a lot of mishaps we are! ;\) Well I 'm sure it'll happen for us all eventually. :\)
  • well girlies your weekends sound far more exciting than mine- however getting down to the bd tonight as its day 8!! trying the SMEP to see if it helps.
    Jay- i took alomst a year to concieve my firts baby and am now on 5 months for number 2 so try not to think negatively yet. Some folk take a long tiem to get back to normal after being on the pill> I can vouch for that. having said that I am stressing already so not much help!!
    Oh is very excited that day 8 has arrived. Going to start OPK on 10 and hope we get a positive this month so i at leats know i am ovualting. Good luck to everyone else too! Better go and get my bags packed for work tommorrow!!! xxxxx
  • since we are pretty new to all this our plan (well OH doesnt want to know when oving etc) , so therefore my plan is that will bd pretty much from cd 8 all the way, every other night if manage. i work pretty long hours and get up just after 5am so often im shattered! not really sure when I ov, but majority of cycles since came off the pill have been 28 days, last was 29 days. I reckon ill ov sometime around bank hol mon x
  • Hiya ladies!

Am only CD7 and won't ov til around CD18 so am having a nice large glass of wine as I wanted to a couple of weeks back but was in the crucial 2ww so didn't wanna risk it!

Am getting jealous of everyone's talking of hols... we decided not to go away this year to save some money and I already really want a holiday! ... maybe will talk OH into a little getaway once we get our BFP!!

babydust sprinklings to all xxx
  • Hi everyone image

So am supposed to be relaxing god dont you just hate that work RELAX!!!

I got a pos opk last fri evening and then done another one sat evening to be sure I wasnt pregnant and got a non blank smiley I had ewcm so am I to assume I ovulated??

Am pretty unsure what to do as docs are starting tests etc but I do think I am ovulating so hopefully no problems there.

When can I expect AF?? I ovulated earlier as normally i would have been due to ovulate this weekend so have i gone back to a 35 day cycle.

Surely I cant have ovulated last weekend and then have af on 8th may as that would give me a 22 day lp and thats too long so do I just count 14 days from ov date 16th April and if no af by 3rd May do I test?

I promised I wouldnt early test again but I should be 15/16 dpo by then.

xx
  • jennifuree - im also cd 7. how long are your cycles? we havent booked a hol for this summer, although was in egypt in march. hoping to get away but they are closing the plant hubby works at so dont feel like can do much until he secures a new job x
  • Hi

We wouldnt have been having a holiday either but its our first wedding anniversary and wanted to do something special.

Am hoping for an anniversary baby image

xx
  • Hi Girls
    Well im just completely down the dumps at the moment. Hubby and I had a huge row yesterday and he ended up saying that he thinks im blaming him for us not getting pregnant yet because he smokes (not just cigs sometimes) and yes i have mentioned to him in the past that smoking that doesnt help with fertility but i never actually said it was his fault we werent pregnant yet. He then said that ive let myself go since the wedding and that i should maybe look at myself as putting on weight lessens your fertility....apparently its been on his mind for the last 6 months but he just hasnt said anything until now. oh im just so fed up girls.
  • hi jay78 maybe those things were said in the heat of the moment obviously things ar on his mind but maybe he didnt mean to be that harsh about it. your both under alot of stress from ttc but arguing will only make it worse because of the stress maybe try making it more exciting, can you not book a hotel for the night and talk things through get everything out in the open and then enjoy the making up he he! x hope you work things out soon x
  • Ah jay - sorry hun, I just going to say it though men are insensitive pigs sometimes!

Well obviously he is thinking the same as you, that maybe his smoking isn't helping and he is trying not to make it all his fault by making some of it your's too. I am a stone heavier than I was at my wedding (7 years ago mind) but so is dh so he can't actually say anything! You might also want to remind him that losing weight too quickly and not getting enough nutrients can be just as negative on ttc!

It is all just very stressful for both or you! How about you have a weekend blowout of eating, drinking and smoking and then both make a pact to cut down, then he sees that both you and him are trying to make the changes? Just a thought...

SD am at work at the moment let me put some thought into your cycle and will jump back inline in a bit.

• Hi girls,

I'm sorry Jay that you and OH fell out. Getting pregnant is a really stressful time and it's easy to say harsh things in the heat of the moment. I agree that maybe you just need to call a truce, go away for the weekend and just enjoy yourselves. Both OH and I have put on a stone over last year and we have decided to go to the same gym so we can try together to look after ourselves. OH cooks really well so it's a nightmare in our house and we both love wine.

Must be the weekend for rows though. We also had an argument because OH has decided that he doesn't want to get married again even though I would dearly love to. We have both been married before but I think OH got severely burnt by his silly ex that cheated on him and now he has crossed marriage off his list!! I was furious but we managed to work things out until the next time it crops up.

Glad I'm using my CBFM this month!!!!!! I poas on CD10 yesterday and got a high and today I got my 1st peak on cd11. Last month was cd 16/17 so I nearly fell over. Wasn't putting the BD plan into action until next week. Good thing we made up after our argument yesterday ;\). Sure enough today I had EWCM that you could bungee jump off but OH rang me in work to say that he had to take the day off because he has a dodgy tum!!!!!image He is up for trying tonight though. Guess that changes my EAFDD to about May 12th.....4 days after my birthday. What a great present that would be!

How are all you other girls doing?

xxx
  • Thanks girls xx

BOB I knew you were Sophia for a reason xx Picture it Siciliy 1925............;-)

[Modified by: Jay78 on April 26, 2010 05:59 PM]

• Oh Jay pet, I'm sorry to hear about your row with your hubby. It sounds like he's bottling up a lot of emotions and unfortunately said some harsh things which I bet he's regretting now. I know I've put on a stone since our wedding last August, but so has hubby image it's just what happens when you're contented! I think the other ladies have put forward some good suggestions about talking it through and trying to take the pressure off him a bit.

I think it's harder for our hubbies than we give them credit for. Before we got our BFP we were having a meal and a few drinks in our local and hubby opened up and confessed that he was really worried his swimmers weren't working properly. I think being out of the house and alone together, (plus a splash of alcohol ;\) ) helped us to talk about it.

SD I reckon from your OPK results and EWCM your AF should be due around 1st - 3rd May, going off a 14 day LP. Although a 22 day LP is probably not unheard of, it would be quite unlikely from what I've read. So you're probably on your 1ww now! Fingers crossed you'll get your BFP before the doctors tests! :\)

Good luck ladies, sending lots of sticky baby dust! xx

Edited to add, Freckle - your descriptions of your EWCM make me giggle so much! I've been vomiting all day and it's the first thing to make me raise a smile today! Thank you! xx

[Modified by: **MrsR** on April 26, 2010 06:15 PM]

• Mrs R....I hope the sickness passes soon but at the same time it a brill sign that everything is okay and healthy! I'm glad I managed to make you smile.:\)