Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The Golden Girls Cycle Buddies

Replies

• Ah BOB its horrible isnt it and i really dont think they understand how difficult it is for us...yes maybe we may seem as though thats all we think about but its our bodies that have to go through all the hormonal changes etc All they have to do is a few pumps and a squirt at the right time each month! Is that too much to ask?? NO ITS NOT! I ad to explain to hubby that there is actually only about a 24 hour window that i can actually conceive as thats how long the egg lasts for apparently.
    If you havent had a positive opk yet then i would say its definately not too late hun xx From what ive read on google it seems that once the egg releases from the ovaries it takes about 12-24 hours for it to travel down the fallopian tubes and i think its in the first 12 hours that its supposed to be the most fertile. So if you didnt get a positive opk yesterday or tday then maybe your egg hasnt released from your ovaries yet?

Anyway this is what happened during the great herring war!
    The yohansens wanted to pickle the herring but the linstrems wanted to train them for the circus. (A bit like seaworld, only much much smaller). They even tried to shoot a herring out of a cannon! image

Cheesecake anyone??

If youve got the golden girls on dvd then maybe go to bed and watch it. It really strange but always seems to get hubby in the mood! ;\) Maybe because im happy laughing and more relaxed when im watching it?
  • Ah Bob...I'm sorry to hear that you had a row but I'm glad that you made up. Hopefully you will go home, have the best make up sex ever and you'll hit that window! Fingers crossed.

I don't think men actually realise sometimes how much energy, time and emotion this ttc uses up. I think I would have been very peeved if OH hadn't delivered the goods last night. He started with the yawning and the "I'm tired" sighs and then to make matters worse....he turned on newsnight in bed!!!! I had a chat last month about us being in this together and that we both want a baby. I showed him how to use my CBFM if he was interested because I didn't want to feel like I was begging each month! Do you think we put too much pressure on them to perform? I worry that he might feel sometimes like I want his little swimmers more than him which isn't true of course but women are more focused on the end result.

Anyway, look after yourself...have lots of fun making up

xxx
  • I haven't done my opk today yet so I am hoping it's not too late! I am pretty sure that your LH surges before the egg is realesed so all should be good as no LH means no 'egg on the go' yet. Then I definately know that once the temp goes up it's too late as you've ov'd already. Well here's hoping for a better night of bding! Just diasspointed that I haven't been able to stick to smep this month now.

I haven't got GG's on dvd maybe I could watch some other comedy :\)
  • So BOB how did it go last night? Did you make up? he he
    Frecks - I agree they definately dont realise how much time, energy or effort we put into ttc
    I think if i havent got my bfp by the time i get back from holiday then im going to try reflexology. Apparently my sisters friend does it and she said that she has helped quite a few ladies get pregnant! Worth a try at least. Apparently youre supposed to go for your initial consultation within the first 7 days of your cycle so they know you definately arent pregnant so they can really work on you properly. Apparently you can still have reflexology when you are pregnant but they dont do the massaging etc as hard xx
  • No Jay no luck on the bd front last night but I was exhausted having had several long days at work and dh was still sick! I didn't get a +ve OPK yet either so we did decide between us to give it a miss - risky I know but we will see, I am hoping tonight we can make up properly ;\) I think the early mc has thrown off my cycle a little as I would have expected to see a LH surge by now.

So do they do reflexology to make it stick???

Frecks - Men are just not tuned into us at all sometimes and my dh is one of the ones that is normally more sensitive. Anyway he started asking me again last night all about my hormone surges and temp rises so he could undertsand better, which i thought was pretty nice. I guess if we do the deed tonight we should be good to go if I haven't had my surge yet. What do you all think? I'm just nervous about missing a month as we have done smep up until now and this month we've missed the build up to the LH surge......:roll:
  • Hi girls!

Hope your day went better than mine! I was near tears by the end of the day.... sulky, insolent teenagers pushed things a bit too far. Usually I'm quite chilled in the classroom. Why do some kids have to be so rude and disrespectful???

Jay/BOB...I defo agree with the reflexology idea. I had it once as a present and it was brill. I am a really chatty person usually( kissed the Blarney stone too many timesimage) but at one point during the session I just shut up and felt really calm and sleepy. The girl explained after that at that point she had realligned my chakras!!!!! She could also tell me that my liver was struggling ...I had had quite a few too many glasses of wine the day before. I think the main thing is that we are probably stressing too much without actually realising it and this helps Mums-to-be to relax. I hate hearing people say that it was the month that they relaxed and didn't "try" that they fell pregnant but there has to be some truth to it. What do you think?

I think you should go for it Bob and have fun! Even if you don't ov today/tomorrow you will have a supply of swimmers in there ready to pounce.To be honest (and I can't believe I'm saying this!) I am finding straight days of BDing on demand hard work at times. I really want to be the sexy, passionate, "up for it all the time" girl but I'm absolutely wrecked some nights and sex is the last thing I want....hot chocolate, pjs and a good chick flick sound so much better. I sound so old!!!! Do any of you ever feel the same or am I just weird????:\?

Have you ov'd yet Jay? My boobs are starting to feel like lead weights but I am ignoring them. No SS for me this month. No siree!!!! Got me good and proper last month. :\)

xxx
  • Frecks you definately dont sound old - if you do then i do! Cos thats exactly what im doing tonight....PJs, BE and watching beaches. I am sooooo gonna cry with it later when she dies. Gets me every time. Love the song she sings aswell (wind beneath my wings). I had that play on my wedding day for when i danced with my dad. loads of people commented because i danced with my dad first before i danced with hubby but the reason we did it that way was so that it was like my dad was handing me over to hubby. Otherwise it would have looked as though hubby was handing me back my dad if we did it the other way round.
    Im not sure if i ov'd yet but i think i did on tuesday. The only reason i say that is because on tuesday i started getting what felt like ov pains (which i usually get) and then about 3pm i had a popping feeling from my ovary which actually made me go ouch. So im wondering whether that popping pain was my egg releasing from my ovary? What do you think? We BD'd tuesday night (fortunately we had made up by then) but not last night as both tired. Might see if can get some in tonight after hubby finished watching football. If liverpool win then i might be in with a chance! he he
  • Hiya GG's sorry I havent posted much am on another 2ww and well am 11dpo today. Went to docs and had a progesterone blood test done CD35 of my cycle am waiting for af.

Today I went to toilet at dinner time and I had the most illuminous orangey cm i was nearly sick when I seen it, since then its turned into a brownish colour - dare I say the word implantation maybe??

I really am not getting my hopes built up, also after my appt with doc last week got home tonight to find an appt for an ultrasound scan next friday. I was shocked as the doctor never said she was referring me for a scan.

In a way am so pleased things are moving forward but am so scared at the same time, it takes 3 months for investigations to be complete and I have to have another day35 blood taken next cycle and cycle after that.

Lets hope I get a sticky BFP before all this as I blooming hate needles and next week I have to have 3 bottles taken.

Just wanted to say hope we all get BFP's soon and thanks for being so patient with me

xx
  • oh SD good luck- lets hope you have your sticky BFP so that all this wont be needed!! Got everything crossed for you!! Im currently on day 13 and waiting for a +ve opk!

Jay- thats sounds good for ov! Lets hope so!! Im having slight pains today too so maybe BFPS for us this month?

Freckle- i know what you mean when poeple say that but sadly for me first time around it was true- I stopped trying for a month as I would be due to be a bridesmaid at due date and sure enough it happened!!! Still back to opk and stressing this time! Will i never learn! reflexology sounds great- might try it if no bfp this month xxxx
  • Hi all

Think the witch is on her way and I will soon be back to CD1 yesterday when I went to the toilet i had very bright orange cm that freaked me out later on in the evening it went to a brownish colour and now I have it every time I wipe so it cant be implantation and must be a sign am getting AF.

Am only 13dpo today, hubs is away for the weekend on a stag do and i just feel like I want to sit and cry!!!!

Well if AF does land over the weekend then we wont be trying until after my holiday with having such long cycles.

On a plus side I have a scan next friday to check my ovaries/womb and if i get af can go get my other bloods done.

Hubby not keen on having to do a sperm sample but he doesnt have to do it yet so we are both hoping we get a BFP in the meantime.

Hows everyone else doing? if I dont get online later its because my sis is coming to stay over night to keep me company.

I have really crampy belly so am sure witch is on the way image

xx
  • Well SD at least you haven't got a really long cycle this time hun! I know yours have been long sometimes and that must be frustrating.

So what a weird day I had yesterday, and boy am I paying the price for it today! So I got a call from the obstetricians nurse that my bloods were back in and they found I have +ve ANA and anti rnp antibodies also which I was like what on earth?? she said it may be indicative of Lupus!!! I thought wtf! So I started doing some research online and it looks like it is more indicative of mixed connective tissue disorder which incorporates lupus but also several other diseases. So anyway I don't seem to have many symptoms (some I might attribute to this now that I know) but they told me I have to see a rheumatologist. Well given my age and that we are ttc and keep losing my beans I decided I needed to see one immediately of course. I called the first one - 3ww! The next one had a cancellation today at 10.30 - great! So I did some more research and didn't really find much that said that lupus or MCTD had much to with mc so I felt a little more at ease about it.

Anyway my friend had asked me to go to a spa night with her, basically $60 for a bunch of treatments (including reflexology!) and they had a free martini bar - of course being all depressed about my results etc. I decided I would go but I was so down about it all I drank way too many and then when I got home I made poor dh do the deed with his drunk wife! Poor bugger. I had done my opk before leaving work and it was +ve, finally, and so we had to bd, which I had told him over the phone. Anyway I woke this morning and was so hungover I missed my appointment - I can't believe how sick I felt this morning, damn martinis and I can't believe I am such an idiot that I missed the appointment! I literally couldn't move without wanting to throw up. Anyway I phoned the doctors and they don't have a opening for 4 weeks - so I called another place and they will get me in next Wednesday - hopefully they are good doctors!

All in all though I am not too worried about the MCTD effecting my ttc as I see very little about it being an issue with mc only that it may be an issue with early delivery and low birth weight - which I will worry about when I get there! So I did see that some doctors say a baby aspirin can help - what do you think should I take a baby aspirin until I go into the doctors next Wednesday? As I am about to OV??? What would you do? :\?

I feel like such an idiot for missing the appointment too....... :cry:
  • Its not over til you get full flow hun xx And as you say at least if you do come on properly this time then you can get your bloods done at the same time as your scan. Maybe give reflexology a go aswell as this should help in getting your body back in line? Also just think you wont have to worry about what you eat or drink on holiday either! xx You will get it sorted hun its just annoying that its taking soooooo long xx
  • OMG BOB........I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS!!!!! I have Lupus. This is very freaky. Maybe I was just meant to be on the same thread as you hun.

There is so much I can tell you and Lupusis a major part of my life but I will just leave you ask a few questions if you have any. Lupus is a complex illness and yes, recurrent miscarriages are one of the most frequent ways that women find out that they have it. I had a very rough time of it and have a more severe form but by the sounds of it if you have it, you have a mild case or you 'd defo know all about it :\). Remember I told you how nine years ago I had to terminate with my ex husband and it broke my heart.....well I had been diagnosed with lupus a year before and I was still very ill.

Saying that, I am well placed to reassure you that even if you have Lupus or another auto immune/connective tissue illness YOU CAN AND WILL HAVE HEALTHY BABIES!!!

I went for my ante natal two months ago with my consultant and everything is hunky dory so whatever you do my love don't worry. And don't do any searches on the internet......if I did that with the things I know about my illness I would be dead within a week image

Only listen to your doc and fingers crossed it's only something minor. You will be fine.

I'm still shaking.

xxxx
  • So Frecks have they told you to do anything when you're ttc or if you get your bfp?

I saw things online about lupus and mc being linked but less so about MCTD and mc - which is what I seem to have based on the blood work. I guess I will find out more on Wednesday. I called the other doctors office back today and they now have me on the list in case there's a cancellation next week.
  • Bob...I'm sure you will be absolutely fine hun. :\)

The first thing you need to do is see a rheumotologist so they can determine exactly what is going on. They will ask you questions so it might be worthwhile keeping a little diary of things you have noted until then ie unusual symptoms, dates of m/c etc.With Lupus they will ask about 11 key things...have you been excessively tired, joints sore, rashes, sensitivity to sun, pain in chest etc

With regards to ttc the main problem that cause m/c is sticky blood which means that the blood clots and cuts off the supply of blood to the placenta hence a m/c. This is easily controlled by taking a regular amount of aspirin which thins the blood.

Everyone's situation is different. I see my rheumotologist quite often and the key is to make sure everything is under control before you ttc. In my case, if I concieve and the illness is actve I could have a flare. There is also a risk of a flare after the birth. On the positive side, the vast majority of women have perfectly fine pregnancies and because the baby produces cortisone in second trimester most women are better than everimage

Don't worry at all! It is probably nothing and I have probably spouted all this rubbish for nothing. Hang in there until you see a doctor and try not to think about it. I hope I haven't worried you but if you have any questions I'm here for you hun

xxx

• No you haven't worried me, quite the opposite! I just am glad they have possibly found the problem for my mc's. I have had low B12 for 5 years now (and have to have monthly shots, they always said it was because I couldn't absorb B12 anymore) which I now know could also be a result of lupus so in a strange way I am glad they have finally found out what's going on. :\)

I have had some issues that, like I said, I never really thought about until now as anything but just something wrong and not really linked to anything if that makes sense? Like sore joints, I have terrible back pain most of the time, sometimes sharp shooting pains in my chest, I sometimes get a weird rash on my upper lip for no apparent reason too, I also get patches of very dry skin on my face and itchy ears like an eczema! Some of these things are probably completely unrelated!
  • Hi GG's

Oh well woke this morning had crampy belly when i went to toilet and wiped nothing so I decided to check my cervix dont ask me why (not fond of doing this) and there was brown blood on my finger *sorry if am grossing you out* is this pre-af blood??

Or is that like the blood you get at the end of your af?

Still dont know what to think but am not testing early so guess only time will tell.

Hope you are all ok, hubs is away on a stag do so am off out for a bit of retail therapy and then pics tonight with a friend to watch date movie.

On a hen night tomorrow afternoon too so its a full on weekend boo hoo to the witch I hate you!!!!!!

xx
  • Hey Blanche x Sounds like youve got a good weekend planned! x
    Not sure about the brown blood hun. Could be either pre af or could be from implantation spotting. I guess the only thing you can do is wait it out and see (annoying i know)
    Happy Anniversary month btw xx

BOB - glad youre now getting somewhere and you feel like youre getting some answers a bit more and how weird that Freckss has the same thing and you can chat about it on the same thread. Obviously we were all meant to be together on this thread! xx
  • Hi Jay, yes it is strange! At least I'll have someone to ask questions to! Frecks you need to bring me some more Irish luck now!

So even though dh has been as sick as a dog he's pulled out all the stops and we have been bding since I've had my +ve opk's so that's good. We missed the usual build up but I think we're in with a good chance even so.

We have a party tonight depending on how dh is feeling - I don't want him wasting his energy at a party when need to be bding! image

So Jay are you on your 2ww?

SD I think you'll have to wait and see, if it's brown it's not over!

I think we all need to visit MrsR in DID, she has has some bleeding and is worried, I did answer her thread as she is due to have a scan on Tuesday. Poor love. I think she'll be just fine though. Let's all jump over and give her some PMA, I will start a thread over there from the GG's!
  • Just been over and posted on your thread BOB x
    I think im on my 2ww now but not sure. I suppose thats the problem with not using opks and not knowing when ov'd!
    I think i ov'd tuesday as had a few cramps and a popping feeling from my left ovary but then nothing since then. Havent had loads of ewcm though so maybe i didnt ov and still waiting? And any cm that ive had im not sure whether semen or cm.
    Well we bd'd tuesday night and thursday night so i suppose still got a chance but didnt do any bding before tuesday. Did bd last night too but dh didnt cum as he had had a few pints and kept getting a bit flopsy bunny! hehe Might try and persuade him tonite though just in case i do ov late x
    Have fun at the party tonight anyway BOB and dont let dh drink too much as otherwise he might get a bit flopsy bunny too! he he xx