Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Golden Girls Cycle Buddies

Replies

• hey. I havent been online much this week, what a week at work! im absolutely drained which isnt going to help this month, im cd14 today. how is everyone feeling about this month? x
  • AF landed CD1 for me image

Good luck to the rest of you especially the Golden Girls xx
  • sorry to hear that sd! hope your investigations at the hospital go well, im not a fan of giving blood either but it will be so worth it when you do get you BFP!! x
  • Ah thats pants SD - is it a full on flow this time though? If it is then at least you know it is AF and you can get back to ttc properly without being in limbo! xx

OK so i thought i ov'd last tuesday but ive got ewcm again today so a bit confused.com. Maybe i didnt ov tuesday and i am about to now? Its a bit late though! Although i suppose the stressful time i had with dh last week may have delayed ov but i honestly thought i did ov last week?
    What do you girls think? xx
  • Sorry to hear you're out SD :0(

Jay did you bd last night? Maybe it's not ewcm, maybe it's dh's goo! :lol:

I can never tell the difference when we've bding alot!

Looking at your dates Jay on page 1, I would say you are more likely though to be oving now than last Tuesday as that would have made you ov early. You are almost on my cycle this month and I didn't get a +ve opk until Thursday this week. That was maybe a day later than I expected but still I wouldn't then ov until about a day or so after my +ve opk. So I would guess that you may be oving around the last few days???

So the party was good and dh didn't drink too much - but once again I did! I will put my recent alcoholism down to stress and shock image

Anyway I fell asleep when we got home at 2am so no bd last night but we did bd this morning image I also had a temp rise this morning but I think that was due to all the alcohol as I've noticed that when I drink my temp rises alot so I guess that's what it is although I know I am oving right around now so who knows I may have ov'd yesterday and this mornings bd didn't count for nowt. We will see I guess.

So what you gals doing today?
  • Hey BOB well im having a lazy day today watching crap tv and sitting on here. Keep flicking between here and facebook. Its pouring with rain so not a lot we can do outside. We were going to go to the cinema but decided to go tomorrow instead.
    We didnt BD last night so is definately not his goo. hehe :lol:
    Have been feeling a bit horny recently aswell so maybe i am ovulating later than i expected. Maybe its cos of all the stress from last week?
    Think will get down to some BDing tonight just in case i am oving late.image

So what have you got planned for today?

Jx
  • Hey girls,

I have just woken up from a long afternoon nap! I was wrecked. We went out last night with friends for dinner for my birthday. The food was amazing!
    I am so blessed and lucky to have such a lovely OH. He had pre ordered come bubbly for us when we arrived at the restaurant as a surprise. Made me feel very special. Needless to say though BOB I didn't hold back on the tipples either. I had a few Cosmos( ok 3!image) and glasses of wine but I was bizarrely very sober and not an iota of a hangover this morning. I have decided that I am going to continue normal life in the 2WW and enjoy myself. I'm pretty sure that there is little risk of being passed on to the baby.

We painted the woodwork in our room this morning. I walked straight into a door and covered my hair in white paint. Nearly cried when I realised I may have to cut it out. OH came to the rescue and washed my hair with olive oil in the bath for me. As a reward he has been allowed to watch all the footy today image

Will prob go out for a nice country pub lunch tomorrow and a walk before my bum triples in size. Still not symptom spotting. Don't even know what dpo I'm on!

Enjoy your weekend girls and all your BDing. OH did go a little floppy bunny on me this morning too!!!! Defo alcohol is an arch enemy of ttc :evil:

PS sorry to hear you're out SD!

xxx
  • ah thats nice of your OH. Happy Birthday Frecks xx Is it today? mmm cosmos luv em mm mmm mmmm
    Im doing same as you frecks and not going to hold back in 2ww xx
  • Me neither - holding back in the 2ww that is - although I think that's become abundantly clear this week image

Oh you lucky buggers I was reading your posts and was thinking why are you all not working tomorrow, of course you have May bank holiday in the UK tomorrow! It does mean less email at work for me though :lol:

So today we just went and had a nice pizza for lunch and then did the food shopping, pretty dull really. It is a beautiful day though here I may sit and have a glass of wine on the porch tonight image about 70 degrees f - not too hot!

Frecks / Dorothy - you're on cd18 today according to your dates on page 1!!! So you should be getting down and dirty about now!!!! I'm a devil I know 8\) he he....

So Jay here's another one for ya:

"Let me tell you a story. Sicily. 1912. Picture this. Two young girls, best friends, who share three things: a pizza recipe, some dough and a dream. Everything is going great until one day a fast talking pepperoni salesman gallops into town. Of course, both girls are impressed. He dates one one night, the other the next night. Pretty soon, he drives a wedge between them. Before you know it, the pizza suffers, the business suffers, the friendship suffers. The girls part company and head for America, never to see one another again. Rose, one of those girls was me. The other one you probably know as Mama Celeste."
  • Frecks - how rude of me - Happy B'day hun!!!!!! Are you 36 today?

~~~~*****wooo hooo*****~~~~~ image
  • 36 next Saturday so bit of a premature celebration but only time we were all free!

Bob that sounds like bliss. Glass of wine on the porch! I ov'd on cd 10/11 this month!! Last month was cd16/17. So glad I got the CBFM or I never would have known. Took me by surprise!image

xxx
  • Wow that was early!!! I don't think I've ov'd that early - you can start testing in about 5 days then right? you'll be about 12dpo then!!!! Waaaaa! image
  • hey girlys! Well i think iv defo ov now and am on the 2ww this two weeks is goin to be so long! But its great i have you guys here with me! Good luck to all of us fingers crossed this month is our month! X x x
  • Hi girls

Well am not sure now am bleeding on and off again, does anyone know if your af stops during the night and then re-starts mid afternoon yesterday morning I had dark red blood i though af was meant to be bright red!! when I see blood I just assume its af but am confused by people saying they had red bleeds and went on to get a BFP.

I have no tests and am 16dpo but think am going to wait until my scan on friday now and see what happens.

Thing is have felt sick on and off and had sore boobs/nipples for about a month now so is it normal to have af symptoms all month round and i was getting random cramping in my belly.

Will keep you all posted

Good luck xx
  • Well we didnt BD last night but i wasnt that bothered in the end anyway. Think am probably in the 2ww now so just have to wait it out and see what happens.
    Well you never know might have an anniversary package for dh when we go away! That would be soooo nice. I think dh would be quite relieved and happy at the same time xx
    Frecks you had any symptoms yet? Maybe a bit too early?
    BOB - am jealous that you get to sit on a porch all the time although that will be me soon.
    SD - so has the bleeding stopped again now then? hmmm strange Yep definately think you are doing the right thing waiting for scan on friday xx
  • Hi Jay hun I just couldnt face testing and seeing a BFN!!

Yeah its back weird how it stops and starts tho when I used to get af on pill i would wake up in morning sometimes covered I was really heavy and had cramps etc.

Frecks - how are you? any symptoms

Bob - Porch sounds lovely I cant wait to go on holiday bit of sun, sea, sand and sex ha ha

xx
  • Hi Girls, Sorry been really busy at work today!

How was your bank holiday?

Well I am really confused, I am only about 4 or 5 dpo max according to my opk's but my (.)(.) are really sore, right in the sides just like last month when I got my bfp. I know I don't normally get this when AF is coming hence I am really confused as I've not noticed it before only when I've been pg. I know realistically even if we did do it this month I surely couldn't have enough hormone in my system already to makes my (.)(.) sore :\? It is very weird!

So I am now quite nervous about my appointment on Wednesday I am scared about what they will tell me my overall prognosis is image

SD - my af would slow down a lot at night - gravity I think :\)

Jay when is your anniversary? Mine is Tomorrow! 7 years! Can't believe I made it image

Nic I'm on a 2ww too - torture I tell you, torture :x Although I'll tell you this I now know I have a built in hpt as when I'm pg my hair sticks up on end in my parting it's ridiculous and has happened both times now!!! So who knows I may not have to wait an entire 2ww before I get my tell tale sign :lol:

Frecks any advice for my appointment on Wednesday, anything I should ask? I got the blood results though in the post and it says on there mixed connective tissue disorder - what is scary is I read today that my prognosis is up to 10 years after diagnosis - WTF - I know you told me to stop looking on the net :roll: I hope to god that is not right - otherwsie I don't think I will stick poor dh will a child on his own :cry:

I saw all your posts for MrsR, lovely girls - I hope all will be OK for her tomorrow - I think she will be just fine though :\)
  • Hey everyone!

I'm just about to fly out tthe door to work but wanted to leave you all a quick message to wish you a great day especially you BOB!!!

I am ignoring my body full stop. Have sore boobs, tiredness, cramps, bloated boobs but I had every one of those things last month and I had a BFN. I must be about 7 dpo but not testing until 12th!!!! Too much disappointment last month :\)

Right Bob my dear....step away from the internet searches NOW!!!!!!
    I told you it was a bad idea image. I did the exact same thing when I was diagnosed and I found that I had a 90% chance of living past 5 yrs (great) and would never have children!!! That was 10 yrs ago and I have never felt better. See your appointment as a positive thing as weird as that sounds. Connective tissue diseases are genetic so whatever you have (might be very minor) isn't going to go away and the sooner the better with this ttc business. You are doing the right thing by going to get it sorted hun. I also have Sicca Syndrome( MCTD) which means my mouth and eyes get dry sometimes!!

For your appointment, I would write down important details ie dates of miscarriages and strange symptoms such as thirsty at night, sore joints( which ones), abnormal tiredness, rashes ( where) etc. They might do a few more tests on you but just remember that everything will be fine. It's scary being faced with this but I am living proof that things will be okayimage

Have to run now but will pop on later to see how you are doing!!

xxx
  • Hi GG's!

I'm just back from my scan and everything is fine! I burst into tears as soon as they told us! We saw the little heartbeat flickering away nice and strong and they dated me as 6+2 which is exactly what I thought I was.

Thank you so so much for all of your kind thoughts and messages, I don't know how I would have gotten through this weekend without you all!

Sending you all heaps of baby dust! xx
  • Oh Mrs R i'm soooooo pleased for you xx You just made me well up! I really am glad that everything is ok xx
    I think youve definately got the name blueberry correct as does look like a little blueberry from your scan piccie! xx Even the colour xx