Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has the witch arrived?

Hi ladies

Being abit of a pain today, posted earlier about taking a 1st response test as expecting AF on Saturday and thought may show BFP, as I said in the other post the test was a BFN.

This is the first month of coming off the pill and TTC so I have been expecting AF as per my cycle on the pill. The 1st day of my last bleed was the 8th August so was expecting AF on the 5th Sept (28 days later) However when I just went to the loo there was abit of blood on the tissue, it wasnt dark red like you would expect more of a pinkish blood (sorry for being so graphic) I would of expected also that if this is AF i would have period pains and be uncomfortable, the only thing I have experienced is sore boobs but this has been going on since early last week.

I have read about implanation bleeding but unsure if this is what it is as not just spotting but not enough to use a tampax/ I am totally confused as if this is AF I have only had a 23 day cycle or this could be my body getting back to normal after being on the pill for 10 years.

Has anyone experienced this or does this sound normal to you?
Any help would be much appreciated, I am so confused lol

Thanks again, you ladies are brilliant :\)

Replies

• Hey hun, my first cycle of the pill was only 23 days. its started off as spotting, then nothing for a day then AF reared her ugly head properly, but was only a short one....like3/4 days....so i think it may be our bodies adjusting to life without the pill!! if its still nothing in a few days, maybe do a FR test to put your mind at ease. Hope this helps hun image

Char xx
  • Hi Mrs B
    I would have thought that this was leading up to your withdrawal bleed.... It can take quite a while for your body to settle after coming of the pill.
    I've been ttc for 3 years now so it's been a while since i was on the pill but when i was i never got any pains,sore boobs nothing.... af arrived on time all the time and now i get sore boobs for about a week before af arrives and thats it,my cycle hasn't become regular,every 30 to 35 days i'd say!

Good luck with ttc,hopefully your body will adjust soon and start to settle x
  • Thanks for your replies ladies

Glens angel my withdrawal bleed from the pill was the 8th August, i took my last pill on the 4th August so I would expect that this is a normal period now?? What you said about the sore boobs would fit for it being AF as like I said this was all of last week. Good luck to you honey, lots of baby dust to you! Must be a pain not have regular cycles and hard to track.

Char what does FR test mean? Sorry still new lol After your 1st period off the pill what was the next one like? Was it a longer cycle or have you stuck to 23 days?

Thanks for the help ladies

Karla :\)
  • Fr is first response pregnancy test.

I came off pill in jan after 11 years. First cycle was 38 days then settled down to 33 and has been like that since then which is what it was like before I went on pill x x
  • Thanks Mafia Princess

I am certain that it is AF now, much heavier then before. Be better for me to have AF as can track how long my cycles are.

I think if we are not sucessful next month I will go and get some ovulation kits, didnt want to go down that route but it is so addictive once start TTC lol

Thanks for your help, good luck to you hun x