Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off the pill mid-pack!

Replies

• hi. i would like to ask what happen if im pregnant but im still taking up the pill..  do i have my unexpected period later a week?even if im pregnant?is it possible?

• Hey, I had been on Implanon for 6months, after having constant spotting for the last 2, I came off that and started back on the pill, I only took 14 days worth of the pill - it's been 4 days since coming off, and I've started bleeding this morning. I have unprotected BD since I stopped taking the pill. Can you have withdrawal bleed and be pregnant? I had cramps to one side of my lower, and some of that white mucous, just prior to the bleed. Does that mean I ovulated?

Thanks in advance, for the advice image
  • Hi everyone,

Lynsey - I'm in the same position as you. I stopped taking cerazette (mini pill) after only taking it for 7 days. I stopped taking the pill on the 7th feb (10 days ago) and have had unprotected sex since then. I was expecting to have a withdrawal bleed straight away as I stopped mid pack but 10 days later and still no bleed. I have had cramping like I'm about to have af but so far nothing. Do you think I could be pregnant or is my bleed just really late?

I'm driving myself mad!

Thanks everyone image
  • Heya,

Thought i would give everyone some hope, i was on the pill (wasnt for that long only about 6 months) i stopped taking the pill half way through the pack.

I started bleeding about 3/4 days after i stopped taking it. on CD16 i had sex and got pregnant image so you can ovulate straight after coming off the pill. I have just come off the pill again & stopped half way through - hoping im lucky again.

x

• need some advice ladies,

I had a miscarriage and a D&E back in April. My OB put me on BC and my fiance and I have decide to try again so I stopped taking them on the 8th of June and started my withdrawal bleeding on the 10th thru the 13th. My LMP was 5/26/2013. I have been having some pregnancy symptoms like increase in appetite, light cramps, going to pee once an hr and a little moody. Am I pregnant or just wishing I was? Is it too early to be pregnant?

• Hi guys I'm mega confused! Ok so the last af I had I was on the pill but taking irregular so it came a couple days earlier than expected and lasted two or three days...I came back on the pill again irregular for 6 days then stopped taking wadi stripped taking it altogether five days ago and now I'm spotting no cramps or anything! So is this my withdrawl? Or could it be better news?? Please help!

• This is an amazingly reassuring feed. I'm just coming off yasmin after hearing horror stories. Been on it for about 6 or 7 years. I had alsymptoms of being PG but 2 tests say that's not the case. 

This forum shows that my symptoms aren't odd and gives me the knowledge I've never had in order to get to grips with my body and cycles. Thank you so much to all that contribute. 

Hopefully, I'll be looking at getting PG in the next year or so and that will be plenty of time to get rid of these hormones I've been pumping into my body for so long. 

Good luck and thanks to all on here xx

• I came off my pill 3 and a half weeks ago after my and my partner decided to start trying for a baby, but I still havent had a period. could I already  be pregnant? I dont want to start taking a pregnancy test and bring up false hope. HELP??

• I was on Microgynon, I took one full packet and stopped the next packet half way through. I had a withdrawal bleed and two weeks later I fell pregnant!!!! image

I didn't get a proper af before I fell pregnant so count the first day of my withdrawal bleed as my first day of af.

I'm now 11 weeks pregnant, didn't think it would happen so quickly! Guess I was lucky, I have since read that stopping half way through a packet messes with your hormones and can make you extra fertile!

• I stopped taking my pills and I started bleeding the next day but I was on the 4th week of the pills was that a withdrawal bleed or a period cause I'm trying for baby # 4 I have 3 girls trying for a boy but I got pregnant A week after taking my pills with all three of my girls I tried tracking ovulation on day 9 of cycle but there all neg
  • Hello ladies,

I stopped taking Femodene mid pack on the 6th of August because we decided we were ready, and I just couldn't wait any longer. I had the withdrawal bleed two days later for 5 days and we began BDing every 3-4 days. For the last couple of weeks I have had weird cramps, dizzy spells and felt bloated all the time. I have read so many forums, driving me crazy. I started using cheap tests from the shop and then bought the little strip ones online because I wanted to test all the time. Well, yesterday I thought I could see a super faint line on the little strip, in a certain light lol. Today I tested and saw it again, still very faint. I also used the cheap shop bought one and got another faint line. So I think it might be BFP!! I'm going to buy a more expensive one and try again in the morning.
  • I as well am completely new at this and need help image I stopped the pill Yaz halfway through(not ideal but missed too many) part way through our honeymoon. About 3-4 days later (aug 19 and 20 I believe) I had two days of what I thought was af? And since have had a couple days of bad cramps thinking af was pretty much here. It's now 09/21 and I have no symptoms of af. i have forgotten things right after I think of them and been moody lately which I thought was pms.

I know that it's only been just over a month since I stopped the pill but hearing that right after you have withdrawal bleed (not af) then is it normal that I haven't actually gotten it yet?

Other info: My husband and I are planning on trying possibly jan-march and my doctor put me on folic acid knowing I was off the pill as a precaution. I have taken two tests both negative and both about a week and a half ago which I know would've been way too early but I was feeling hot, headaches, tired, forgetting things, tiny bit of neasea after eating,etc. I am a teacher also and know that start of school year especially is a stressful time and going morning till night.

If anyone has any info for me I would appreciate it!image
  • Hi

I'm just looking for a bit of advice and I guess reassurance. I've been taking cerazette for around 9 years, and my husband and I decided in August we were ready to start trying for a baby. I took my last cerazette pill on the 31st August and since then I've had a few strange symptoms - tender breasts, cramp, lower back ache, extreme tiredness, bloating, being emotional etc. and I put it down to coming off the pill. On Friday I had a heavy bleed, dark blood, some fresh and some clots so I was really pleased to get my period and thought things would settle down now I'd got it. I expected to struggle all weekend (as it's my first one in a very long time, cerazette stopped my peripds and I jist had the odd bit of spotting on it) but Saturday and today I've had barely anything, some dark and fresh but not even enough to use tampons or proper pads. I've still got cramps, but barely any bleeding now. Would this have been my withdrawal bleed, or should that have been sooner, or could it be something else? I'm so excited to be a mummy one day and I keep thinking I'm imagining symptoms so reading this feed reassured me a bit I just wanted some advice!!! Since I stopped taking the pill, my husband is on cloud nine and thinks Christmas has come early with all the BD we've been doing!!

Thanks in advance for your help ladies xx
  • hi i need help im 21 years old i was on a birth control called seasonique for 2and half years mi and my partner want to get pregnant so i recently stopped the pills 2weeks ago had bleeding for 3 day it was a heavy flow so i dont know if it was a real period? im getting fasturated because i havent ovulated and i dont kno how long will it take for mi to get prego...i need suggestions edvice and to try to understand wat goin on please help!! thank u
  • Hi everyone I had a miscarriage December 2012 and decided to go on birth control pills and wait a little to try again. July I stopped mid cycle because we wanted to start trying to have a baby well my periods have been all over the place and I think I had a chemical pregnancy had two pregnancy tests come up with light lines then had a horrible period like I had another miscarriage and then two tests that were negative. I just feel like it is hopeless I know the doctors won't do anything until you have tried for a year. Maybe I am stressing myself out to much about this, but its all I can think about. Worrying there is something wrong with me. They did do an ultrasound last month because of the horrible periods I have been having since my miscarriage and they said everything looks normal. Can it just take a long time after going off birth control pills to get pregnant again? Thanks everyone just feeling sad about this.

• Hi

I stopped taking the pill 7 days into the pack which was on the 9th of october I had a FP on the 12th for three days.  We starting on the 17th trying for a baby and I started to get the signs I was Pregnant and I took a home test on the 12th of Nov and it was a BFP which Im delighted.  But can anyone tell me please what date I calculate from to figure out my due date, is it from the last day of my FP.

Thanks in Advance.

• I came of the pill 4 b4 my lack was over. I took an opk two days later and got a smily face for two days in a row, is it possibly to ovulate that fast after coming of the pill?
  • Hi, I am in the same situation…i came off my pill about 3-4 weeks ago mid pack. I was supposed to get my period last sunday and haven't yet. I haven't had any bleeding, but have had symptoms of pregnancy that I have never gotten before. Some days I have felt like I was going to start my period but got nothing. I hope to get on a normal cycle soon so hopefully can get pregnant! 

• Hi im very interested in this topic, i also stopped my birth control 5 days earlier then i should, i should of just waited, Mother of two, we've decided to go a 3rd time, Five days later i started a "period" started off lightly began heavy and has just finished yesterday, so this is not actually classed as a period? ... 

• Hey ladies!! I came of the pill mid cycle on 23/08/2014 and first day of my withdrawal bleed was on the 27th. 13 days later, I have mild cramps and my breasts are tender also have an increase in libido!! I had unprotected sex on 04/09/2014 and 06/09/2014, is there a good chance that I am preggers?? Thanks!! Zandi image