Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i have pcos and havent concieved

:cry:
me and my husband have been trying for a baby foe 18mths and no joy i have pcos and havent had a period in 9mths but before that they where every 2 mths. i have prepared my body, on low gi diet take folic acid givin up smoking, i get regural sleep, my husband emptys the cat litter tray, he has given up smoking too, he's also on a low gi diet and takes zinc and we both take sutible multivitmens. where both young{21}. but the doctor just says to keep trying as where still young, but if my fertility is like this now and declines in life then what chance will we have then? i read about that women getting clomdid on the nhs for all her 13 kids ansd yet shes doing it again!
what else can i do moneys tight so i cant get anything other than vitimens
help

Replies

• hi memelalou i too av pcos i was on metformin for about a year then i caught but unfortunatley i suffered a m/c in jan it is supposed to be more common for women with pcos to m/c so i know this isnt gud news but my advice is for you to mention metformin to your gp as this helps with the symptons and also helps with fertility and also if u r ttc then the advice seems to be you shud be doing it!!! every other day so keep at hun and see ur gp em xx
  • thanks em.
    i suppose i forgot the important bit. not to be too graphic but we've tried all sorts of fun positions and doing it twice/ three times a day to every day to saving it all up every other day {now on the once a day plan lol}. am also taking your advice about asking my gp for metformion thanks amy x
  • em im so sorry about the m/c i no its not much consulation but it shows you can concieve, and its a sign x
  • thanks shoe lady i heard this too but when it was too late my gp told me to stop taking metformin when i was pg and i wish i didnt now i am so pissed off with this coz if i had still takin it then i cud still be pg now but i know for next time (if there is a next time!) em xx