Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Poll - are you telling people?

2»

Replies

• hi i have told my 2 best mates that were ttc and ive mentioned it to family that we were considering it but when i do get my BFP i will be telling close friends and family because i suffer with hyperemisis and need all the help i can get from them as i have a 4 year old too xxx
  • A few people know that we are ttc, only close friends. When we finally get our bfp, I will have to tell work cos I work with animals, but only management.

I'm crap at keeping secrets, so it will probably slip out, lol! xxx
  • The last time i was pregnant i couldnt keep it to my self long because i found it hard at work as i do alot of lifting so i ended you telling everyone within a few weeks....

I think this time im going to trying and keep it to my self, i dont even think i want to know until im at less eight weeks, as my last pregnency ended in miscarriage....

only god knows the furture..
  • I made the huge mistake of telling most people I know, and probably some I don't, that we were going to start trying as soon as we got married. That was Sept and now many people ask quite regularly which annoys me and adds to the pressure. I only really talk to one friend at work (who is really great and doesn't ever question me but listens when I moan that af has come) and hubby. I kinda wish I hadn't said anything to anyone but anyone who knows me knows I love babies and children and can't wait to have my own!

If/when I get my BFP I don't want to tell anyone, except hubby of course, until 1st scan but I may have to depending on the timing as I am being a bridesmaid in July and it may affect the choice of dress! I think my mum will be way too overpowering if/when I get BFP and I think I'd like to have that little secret between me and hubby for a few weeks. But who knows, I might change my mind if/when it happens. Plus I am RUBBISH at lying, if anyone asks me my luminous glowing red cheeks will be a sure give away!

Lx