Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Metallic taste in mouth

Replies

• hi i have a metal taste in my mouth im bloated and tired all the time i feel really sick and i tend to be sick every night and i dont know why 

• I am 11dpo, matallic takes in mouth about 115 am. Upset stomach and feeling like I want to throw up. Want to test so bad, BC when I realize I have this symptom, I thought thissholbeo a sign of pregnancy. I experienced this with my other two pregnancies.

• Sorry about all the mispelling

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

• i'am trying to become pregnant and I've got this taste in my mouth when sick soon as i got up bile it was but i'am on my period what else could it be :/ x

• It could just be lack of iron sorry... I'm having the same thing in my mouth hoping I'm pregnant ... 8dpo and I feel sick to my stomach but also been really stressed... So I don't know... waiting 2 more days then testing again 

• Hello 

I was hoping someone could help.

I have been on the depo injection for two years but didn't not receive my last jab on September the 3rd so I have been off it for two months.

I have not had a period since I missed my last injection but I have a very rusty taste in my mouth and have had for the past three days now. I use to eat loads but now I never feel hungry and only eat when I really am. I feel sick most of the time and get cramps and stabbing pains in my stomach and ribs. My boob's feel bigger but are not sore. 

I goggled it and a lot of women fell pregnant soon after finishing the depo injection without having a period.

I took a cheap test this morning but it was negative is there a chance that I am pregnant? I really hope so 

• I got my mirena taken out on tuesday, and for 3lw weeks I have had a metal taste in my mouth my dh and I are trying to conceive I took a test on Wednesday it said negative when should I try another test?

• I thought I would bump this up a bit as when I was looking for answers about pregnancy symptoms they were all old posts, very rarely could I find a new post that would get answered. So if this helps anyone like me then that's great. I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm about 6 weeks. Yet to see midwife so aslong as all goes well i will be 7 weeks when I see her. with my first I was a week late before realising i could be preg. Before taking the test I woke up with a vile taste in mouth that tasted like I jus li a copper coin. Took the test and 2-3 weeks preg. That was 4 years ago this June. This time 2 weeks before I was even due on my period in the middle of the day I had a strange taste in my mouth again. Sure enough it was the copper taste again. i thought nothing of it as 2 days later I started with a cold. When I then was a week late i took a test and was shocked to see I was 2-3 weeks preg with my second. So the metallic taste in mouth has only ever happened to me twice in my life that I can at least remember and both times it's been a result of pregnancy. So that's clearly my body's way of letting me know. these tastes came at 2 completely dif times for me during the ' pregnancy phase' so if it helps anyone in knowing that great. It could very well be a sign for you too if you never really had it before. 

• I'm 3wks late and last night I had a strong metal taste in my mouth felt more sick because of it. Have been feeling sick on and off for over 2wks now. Tired more but all urine tests have been negative the last one on Thursday last week I swear I can see a faint second line on it. I have had late positive results before around 9/10wks pregnant before and I would be 7wks nearly 8wks pregnant (on Tuesday) what do u ladies think? Xxximageimage

• I think it's a strong possibility you could be Hun. Fact that you said you havent had a positive before in other pregnancies till later on could be your body just not picking up on the preg hormones yet. If there are no other reasons for you being this late ie stress etc then I would maybe go Drs for blood test. Good luck x

• I have an appointment booked in next Friday so no matter what the results are next Thursday I will hopefully get some answers the day after I'm not normally late even if I am stressed out lol xxxx

• It's looking good then Hun without getting your hopes up. If your never usually late. Before my positive I was never late either. Then I was 5 days late and period came. Then next month I was 6 days late and I was like here we go again, but then to my shock I was pregnant. So it was fantastic news. The metallic taste is also a give away. For me anyway. I never have it unless pregnant. So it does sound very good for you too. Let us know what the results are :D x

• I will huni thanks how long after the metallic taste did u get your BFP? Xxx

• 2 weeks after this time around. But I got the taste a lot earlier this time then I did with my first. With my first I was 1 week late, woke up that morn to get a preg test and woke up with metallic taste. So they have both been dif for me x

• Thanks huni the taste has gone now 😯 xxx

• Iv pm u Hun x

• I've tried to reply but it won't let me thanks for the advice huni xxx

• I've also got a metallic taste in my mouth. 1 week before I can test so have to wait. Had it before when I was pregnant, but they ended in miscarriage and an ectopic. So really hoping I am pregnant again! No other symptoms except feelong very slightly sick. 

• I'm 6+4 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and always without fail have the bitter/ metal taste in my mouth, this time it's worse and almost feels like I'm sucking tablets. So Roseby7 sounds positive to me 😜 fingers crossed for you x

• I have that taste alsof! I haven't really thought about it much but it only gets bad around the early morning times! I don't understand it my hubby and I are trying not trying to have a baby and I told him about it and he thinks it's just in my head! So I don't know what to do! I don't start my period until the 16th of July but I want to be pregnant so bad! I need HELL lol