Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Smoking........

Anybody else giving up at the moment in preparation for pregnancy?

Visited the stop smoking nurse yesterday and my first day of going smoke free is Saturday.... Gulp!!!! Not quite sure how I'm going to cope with the ups and downs of cycle counting at the same time as giving up the weed.

Watch this space for the odd rant!

xx

Replies

• Options
    Good luck chick! I'm not a smoker but am struggling to give up my lovely glass of chilled white wine! Oh, and rant away!!! xx
  • Options
    hi bunnyhunny I'm normally over in lttc but popped in for a nosey and noticed your post. I just wanted to wish you all the best and fair play to you being so responsible and trying to give up as it is a very difficult thing to do well done to you just for trying x
  • Options
    bunnyhunny - can we be buddies on this. I'm doing the same thing, have decided that my smoke free day will be sunday. Have cut down anyway, wasn't really heavy, but could do 10 in a day. Then i end up doing the daft thing of quitting during the 2ww and then when af rocks up, i have another packet - ridiculous i know! So, happy to be able to share rants!
  • Options
    i no smoking is bad 4 pregnce but if u smoke weed a ttc will that lower my risks more or the same as somking fags???? baby dust to u alll xxx
  • Options
    bunnyhunny - can we be buddies on this. I'm doing the same thing, have decided that my smoke free day will be sunday. Have cut down anyway, wasn't really heavy, but could do 10 in a day. Then i end up doing the daft thing of quitting during the 2ww and then when af rocks up, i have another packet - ridiculous i know! So, happy to be able to share rants!

Hi Sellgirl..... It would be great to have a ttc giving up smoking buddy!!! I'm about the same as you, between 10-15 a day. Just picked up my Nicorette from the chemist but spent more time looking at the blinking ovulating predictor kits.... lol. I'm worried that like you as soon as AF shows I'll get stressed and think I'm doing it for nothing!!!

TTC 4 Baby - When I said 'weed' I used it as a slang for cigarettes. If I smoked the other stuff there would be no bd'ing because I'd be asleep all the time.
  • Options
    Im a snoker too. i am cutting down to hopfully one or two a day now and hopfully when i get myBFP fingers crossed i will give up completely. Please rant away would love to hear you rant wiil make me feel better and to know i am not alone.

Best of luck to us all xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi girls,
    I gave up smoking the minute I got my BFP. I'd cut down to 3/4 per day (apart from when drinking, when I lose count). I mc'd in Feb and started to smoke again a few weeks later (WHY???????) I thought that the fact I had smoked before I knew I aws pg may have contributed to the mc but my research with the miscarriage association and the docs says no, it wouldn't have. So now I am giving up again too so I would love to join you in support. I will stop on Sunday too.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    xxxxx
  • Options
    i want to give up too,been off the pill since july,have 3 kids already.id like to think its the smoking thats stopping me from getting pregnant and once i stop i will get my long awaited bfp.need some willpower though x
  • Options
    ladies, so lovely to see all of these posts - we can def help each other. As it is i am paranoid at work because a few of us smoke and they will think that i am pg if i quit - seriously, is v.competitive where i work and having been recently married, they are watching me! So, in last few weeks have been sewing the seeds about wanting to quit.
    Have also got my patches and will start them on sunday.

Lets do it ladies! Massive PMA to all of you!

xx
  • Options
    Yay! Sunday it is then.
    PMA We can do it!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can I just say.......

I hate my job.
    Other drivers are total to**ers.
    Why the feck do we not ov every week, life would be soooo much easier than holding on to your bladder until you get home in the afternoon to poas in the off chance that today (although only CD11) will be the day.
    And WHERE THE HELL IS THE MAN WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TO QUOTE FOR THE BATHROOM 45 MINUTES AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!