Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The Insane Gang - The Lucky Chapter

Replies

• Hello and a big welcome to all the newbies!

Ladybird, everyone has bad days, hun. Then, things happen or you wake up the next morning feeling raring to take on life/the world and everything it throws at you. We all know the feeling. I hope you get your PMA back soon. You'll be surprised at what you can achieve/do/get through. >

How is everyone else doing today?

I'm on CD15 and have already ov'd [really early for me image. Am too busy with organising our house move to think about it though and only know CD and when I ov'd because of my trusted CBFM.

• hi curls ad welcome image im the same, most of the people i used to chat to on here buggered to to DI, lol. so had to make new friends image

kernow, o no! poor puppy image hope the meds make him feel better? its so strange how u get so attached to an animal, im so attached to my cat its crazy! and dogs have even more charactor so i cant imagine how u must be feeling, sending u love and hugs xxxxx

ladybird lol. hehe made me laugh anyways, ok cool, will get us some vitimins when we next go shopping. im fine tho just witing for ov, so we can get bd'ing again image its nice that ur boss was so understanding! bless him. and also good news about hubs ex (sort of lol) fingers crossed u get on ok on tues.

lady2188, omgosh lol lol lol. i watched the sex ed programme last nite! hahahaha, it was brill! loved it! hehe.

oooo thanks susie, will have a lookie in boots and see what i can find! i was thinking about AC, but wasnt sure wether to try it or not, my cycles have started to be regular...ish but if they carry on changing i will start i reckon. great news about docs! hope ur alot happier now u no u r ov'ing image

ooo jen how exciteing going to mothercare! i would TOTALLY get side tracked and look at all the bubba bits!

as for *me*, not much going on, waiting for ov stick to arrive in the post, should be ov'ing in a week or so (i think) so just waiting til then really image hope ur all well. hugs xxx

• ooo and layt welcome back image consulation prize sounds great! i would love to go snowborading, altho im pretty sure i woouldnt beable to even stand up! haha.

tilty, weird question, but how do u no how ur cervix are? i read on the ttc 6+ that u find it helpful? how does that work? or am i being dum lol? xxxx
  • awww osrry ldybird and bubbilicius, i tottaly missed those 2 posts? dunno how i managed that lol. ur up and online so early! lol. u can do it hun image and thinking about it... ivf should give u more chance of getting pg? as they put it in already and waiting for you if that makes sense? so it should be super easy for you to fall if you do have to do that? u r young and healthy and have everything going for you if u do have to go thru ivf. and besides like u said, theres still a chance, and many people do still get pg. u will get ur bfp i just no it image as susiee says it does happen! and u never no, u may not even need ivf. dunno what to say to make u feel any better image just wanna give u a cuddle. xxxxx

bubbilicous, early ov i sgreat! means u dont have to wait as long til ur cycle ends and u can test a bit earlier than expected image finegrs crossed xxx
  • I realised when I shut down my computer yesterday that I didn't mention Ladybird and Kernow.

Kernow, so so sorry about your dog, what sad news that was to get - but hey, like others have said, he won't have any idea that he's poorly if he's being treated and will be a happy chap for a good while longer (especially with extra hugs from mum!).

Ladybird, what a lovely and supportive boss you have!! Don't give up - even though PMA is low now, you don't know what you'll be able to handle until you're faced with it. I think we all surprise ourselves when life throws crap at us and then wonder how on earth we got through it. You'll be the same and you'll get through it - the prize at the end will be soooooo worth it. Big hugs from me today.

Worked out this morning that my last cycle was 25 days! Fecking hell - just as it got regular its gone tits up - the things that people suggested might have to be looked into this month. I also have no excuse for my weight gain this month other than I've eaten too much - humph. I've been naughty today and starting to think that because AF was so much earlier than normal, it could be implantation - I've had 2 days of normalish period then its back to nothing ish. I've accepted its AF but wondering whether to take a test or not - the only think on the back of my mind is the very unusual weight gain. Oh, do I go to the chemist do I not. I'm now annoyed with myself for thinking it could be that - the expression clutching at straws springs to mind. Might leave it.

xx

Txx
  • awww sorry ladyt, is it a full flow? or more just spotting? mmmmm, makes u wonder?
  • Ladyt I think you should definately test. My friend had two periods and when she went for scan she was fourteen weeks.

V xx
  • ladybird there is hope for us all! even if u think af has shown! yay.

fingers crossed for u lady2188, shall try and keep u entertained rather than s.sing lol. xxx
  • Yeah test hun!!

We'll all be rattling soon by the sounds of it! But then hopefully it will be worth it! My name is lady2188 and i'm a supplement addict :lol:

Ahh ladybird hun, i definately think you should keep going for it! Obviously i don't venture into the ltttc/ infertility forums but a thread popped up on the home page the other day and i read through the 7 pages of it and it was a lady charting her IVF diary and she got a BFP at the end of it. She's adamant she's making a book out of it i think! It's well worth a look if you haven't already. It was very uplifting and inspiring and may give you some PMA! There are so many things that can be done to help these days and i would say it's well worth a try. I had a mc 2 months ago and i'm forever worrying that there maybe something wrong with me and i'll never be able to carry etc. It's abit different to your story but i know how scary it is for me so i can only imagine that you must feel terribly frustrated! Please don't give up hun!

I tell you something ladies i'm only 3dpo and i'm going crazy! It's so annoying that i may already be out but i have no idea for another 10 days!! It's torture this ttc game! Especially as OH is away until Friday, i can feel myself ss already just through boredom! Argh!

But i'm now a part of the lucky thread so fingers crossed!
  • Thanks hun! My evenings have been spent on BE with big brother on the tv!

I find being so young and ttc kinda distances me from my friends. They're all still going out clubbing but i've got over all that lol! I don't want to drink because i'm aware of what it does to my body why i'm ttc and since buying our house and doing it up i feel like i'm wasting my money when i'm p*ssing it up the wall so to speak!

Do you find that being quite young? Or do you have more mature friends than me?! lol

xx
  • Maybe I'll pop to the chemist on my way home. I'm not expecting a BFP or anything, just think I'll wonder and wonder if I don't test now its in my head. I don't normally get heavy periods anyway - its just the timing of this one which makes me wonder. In all other respects its like AF so not getting my hopes up or anything. If nothing else it will conifrm that all my period now have different symptoms so 'symptom spotting' in the 2ww is totally pointless because I'm getting them all!

Lady22188 - you need a distraction by the sounds of it! Hope the 2ww doesn't drag too much (although I know it will!!).
  • lol lady2188, im exactly the same! lots of people say to me, u shouldnt be getting married, having babies etc, live ur life... blah blah blah, live my life? by this do u mean wastemy hard earned money on booze just to see myself chuck it up in the street somewhere? lol. yeah when we bought our house and got engaged we distanced alot from friends too, mind u i left the town i grew up to move to where we bought our house, but i dont speak to people where i used to live for this reason. hubs has some aquantices at work, but mainly we have a couple of mates who r also engaged who we have round for dinner etc, who know we r tc, and most of our time is spent with family who support us so its not so bad image

sorry that was a super long answer! haha. so in answer to your question. yes. i think we r just mature for our age and know what we want image

ladyt. good luck for testing image let us no asap! xxxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone, can I join in!? I am new to the TTC stuff and this forum in general and posted my first thread yday...my hubs and I just started trying on the 27th June and I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me already and making me feel like I have symptoms already, I defo feel different, very different, I also cried a little earlier when hubs said he was excited about us trying because I was never sure before now.....its all very emotional isn't it!!

I'm sending sprinkles of baby dust to everyone on here xxx
  • Yeah that's what i get, live your life blah blah! Well i am! I have a lovely 3 bed house and a fabulous OH and we both work really hard for our money! I love to see it go on our house and quiet meals!

We mostly see OH's friends but the last time we had them round for dinner and football they ended up throwing budweiser up my brand new cream wallpaper and wee all over the bathroom floor! So now i'm snobby and houseproud because i went mad?! image No-one except a couple of work colleagues know we're ttc as they're nurses so i wanted their advice!

Are you still in for Due in March hun? Or will you be an April this cycle?

Lady T you're so right about ss. Last cycle i was convinced i was pregnant, i had sore nipples, cramps, AF was late, dehydrated, emotional... Then AF showed up! Symptoms are so similar!

Good luck though hun!
  • nuffin wrong with being houseproud, uve worked hard for wht uve got and dont want it ruined by a piss up lol. im so glad someone my age is pretty much the same as me! x
  • Welcome Emsypops ... feel free to join our thread xxx

Ladybird: aarrhh hun am sorry you are having a down day.... am sure there will be many more but also some good days and it will be soo worth it in the end ..... you can't give up before trying.... you just don't seem like that kind of person xxxx

LadyT: test hun test!!! lol don't get your hopes up but wouldn't it be a lovely surprise xxx fingers crossed hun xxx

Mrsme + Lady2188 I had my first baby at 21 ... bought a house and have never looked back! I find some people just don't get that you want more from life than just a p*ss up at the end of the week!

Bubblicious am loving the picture change hun! yours and Ladybird's look very positive pictures if that makes sense .... may go and find a nice cheery one for me!

Jen x
  • wow, this thread has moved fast!

Welcome emsypops and curls and lady2188!

Thanks for all the lovely messgaes re the dog - Lady2188 he's a lab x rotty so a big boy which is probably the cause of all this. We have another one too and 2 cats - I love my animals, can you guess!

For the benefit of the newbies I'll just ontroduce myself properly, I'm Laura, 29 and live in Cornwall. I'm currently 13 +4 weeks pregnant with my first child after 4 months of ttc (although had all kinds of issues after coming off pill so it was actually first cycle but a cycle that lasted 110 days!)

Really lovely to see new people on here and everyone is lovely on here and offers so much support so hopefully you'll like your new 'home'!

LadyT - OMG test woman!!!! I really hope you get an amazing suprise! My friend went for her 12 week scan and was told she was 16 weeks. She had no idea as thought she'd had a 'period' in between so it really can happen.

Vicsy/ladybird - sorry you're having a down day but don't make any decisions until you have gone through all the options with the clinic and your Dr. there are loads of people who catch on the first IVF cycle and as you say you may well end up with 2 in one go! We're always here if you want to chat and sending you hugs xxx

jen - not long til your scan now - I bet you're getting so excited!!

Hope everyone else is OK xxx
  • Hi all
    Well it was a BFN but to be honest, I'm not sure I really expected it to be anything else so didn't feel disappointed or upset or anything. Feel more annoyed that I wasted my pennies!!

Loving all the new pictures everyone image

Welcome to emsypops - its great to have a growing group!

Jen - can't wait to hear about your scan - Kernow is just having the one but what about you - are you sure there's just in there??? he he

Hope everyone is OK this lovely evening?
  • Welcome lady2188, curls and emsypops! This is a lovely friendly thread and it's great to have some new people joining in! image

I'm 29 and on month 6 of TTC no. 1. I used OPKs and counted days (a lot!) in the first few months but was getting a bit obsessed with things, especially on the 2ww, so have stopped using OPKs and just going for the -lots of BD-ing when I feel fertile' approach. Fingers crossed... I am counting days up until the 2ww starts though as that doesn't seem to stress me out at all.

I'm on CD8 today and already getting signs I am getting towards my fertile time so am going to try and step up the BD action a bit....

Mrs*me* you asked about checking cervix position. I always know when ov is really imminent for me as my cervix goes really high up and soft. There's no subtle way to say this but... you just have to stick your finger in and check! Lol, sorry for that! The position does vary throughout the month (and even at different times of day for me) but it's generally lowest and hardest to the touch at the end of the 2ww / right before my AF and then starts to get higher in the few days before ov. The difference immediately before ov is really noticeable for me (it gets quite hard to reach and much softer) but it took a month or two of checking every day to get the hang of how it feels at different times of the month... worth a try if you're interested though!

Ladybird, I really do hope your new name brings you some luck. I'm sorry you are feeling so down but please, please don't give up. I can't think of a better way of expressing it than what Susiee has already said - many, many people do get pregnant through IVF (my auntie being one of them - she couldn't conceive naturally due to a tube deformity but now has a little girl thanks to IVF). Down days are completely to be expected but please don't give up on this if it is really what you want. Huge hugs. Xxx

Bubblicious - I'm glad you have ov'd and I hope this is a luck month for you. As it's nice and early at least the cycle as a whole will be a shorter wait for you this time. Good luck with the rest of the moving house / unpacking process!

Lady2188, I also had sore nipples last month (the first time that's happened since I had my implant removed) but no BFP nonetheless. It's so annoying when our bodies play tricks on us with promising symptoms isn't it?!

Susiee - sorry to make you jealous with my fish and chips! They were lovely! I'm glad your blood test showed you ov'd. It must be a huge relief to have some good news after everything that has gone on lately. Yay for the egg!

Jennifuree - good luck with the bra shopping!

LadyT, sorry about your BFN but it was probably worth testing just so you didn't drive yourself crazy with worrying about -am I, aren't I'. So don't give yourself a hard time about it. Are you due to ov quite soon? My cycles also seem to be getting a bit shorter. My last one was only 26 days - I thought AF would come on day 28 or 29, hence me getting all confused last time when I started spotting a good few days too early. Pesky bodies! xx

• Ahhh lovely to hear some positives about us younger mommy's to be! You know how i found this site? Googling what is the best age to have a baby :lol: I was so broody but really worried about whether i was being silly and i found these forums! I'm so glad i did that silly google search image

Crikey Kernow that is one mighty long cycle! Did you just BD every other day the whole way thru or was it just luck that you caught OV! I think i'd have given up well before that so good on you!

Ahh bless Ladybird, i have a Jack Russell x with a Chihuaha (sp). He's tiny but has so much energy! We have to walk him twice a day else he just won't settle! I love him though, they really are part of your family! I've been thinking of buying him one of them magnetic collars MrsMe, just to video him sticking to everything! :lol:

I think i might have to find me a happy picture i think! I got to a stage where i was frustrated and fed up with ttc so my pictures have been the same! But i'm 3dpo now and i'm going to be fertilised this month (wishful thinking- but i need pma!) so i need a happy picture!

I have a question ladies... as you know i have random long cycles. On Monday morning i had some cramps so did a hpt and OV test on a whim and my OPK was positive. Come the evening when i did another it was negative so do i count Monday as OV or 1dpo or what? I would have thought my peak was Sunday as surge didn't last long Monday. So would i be 1/2/3 dpo?

xx