Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - The Lucky Chapter

Replies

• Options
    Ah susiee. I'm so happy for you. I think I'll have to get myself to holland and Barrett and waterstones to buy myself some books. Not sure to wait until after Tuesday. What do you think?

V x x.
  • Options
    WOW! susie, you both worked hard for that bfp! xxxx
  • Options
    mrsme - I bought the sanatagen mother and father to be ones Boots (they come in one box with two separate pink and blue containers) - the daddy ones have zinc and loads of other stuff and the mummy ones have folic acid but also lots of other vitamins. I think they were around ??12-13.

Susiee - you certainly did go all out last month and so pleased it paid off. You and OH must have been rattling around with that cocktail of vitamins and minerals inside you!!
  • Options
    Awww wow congrats Susiee, I still pretty much have NO idea about all the different stuff you guys talk about hee hee but I am doing my research image x
  • Options
    great thanks ladyt, will have a lookie 2moro image xxxxxx
  • Options
    My gollygosh Susie, i thought i took some vitamins!! Is starflower oil safe to take during pregnancy then? I couldn't find out if it was or not so decided i would start taking it if AF shows up again? But if it's safe i'll start popping that too!!

I think it might be worth me getting OH some supplements too! I can force them down his neck!

I so so so want to be Due in March!! I'm 5dpo and actually going crazy!!

Actually i had something to ask you ladies... when i went to the loo earlier i had lots of white cm and when i say white i mean white, like egg white when cooked white! And it was quite thick! So i felt my cervix and it's fairly low and very wet (sorry far tmi!!) It doesn't smell any different to ewcm? What is that do we think?

xx
  • Options
    oo i do too! march or april would be perfect! increased cm is symptom so who knows!? have u ever had it b4, i do have quite a bit of cm like that each cycle? xxxx
  • Options
    Lady2188 - where are you in your cycle? I had very white white cm (not like I've ever had before) in the 10 days or so before I got my BFP so not wanting to get your hopes up and I don't know where you are in cycle (you've probably said but I have a brain like a sieve) but it could be a positive sign.

Mrs*me* where are you in your cycle? A spring baby would be fab, just think of all the lovely spring walks you could go on with baby. I'm going to be stuck in house with central heating maxed up for first couple of months or venturing out with baby in about 100 blankets haha

Ladybird - how are you feeling? I really hope Susiees story has given you lots of pma xx

Susiee - wow, that was a very long list of baby making help! how did you manage it all??!! It obviosuly did the trick though and hopefully there's some tips for everyone in there! I'm still so happy for you and can't wait to hear about each stage of your pregnancy - I'm hoping you will still come on here?!

To everyone still to ov - really hope those little swimmers make a good effort this month and to everyone on 2ww - I'm looking forwrad to your symptoms!

Sorry I'm a bit rubbish at remembering where everyone is in their cycles!

Love to all xx

• Options
    Susiee,

Thanks very much for all the info. You certainly did work very hard at it and I'm so glad it paid off for you image

I am on CD11 today and have been feeling so chilled out in spite of keeping track of days that I decided I would use my OPKs again rather than guessing. I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about it but don't really feel like it will stress me out as long as I make sure I don't obsessively count days in the 2ww.

I am getting lots of good fertile signs today and although the OPK was -ve it looked like it was the beginning of a surge (the day before a +ve I usually notice a stronger line than normal, but still -ve). So I am expecting a +ve probably tomorrow, or Sunday at the very latest.

We BD'd the night before last and will probably aim for tonight and then maybe Sunday morning... we have yet to try morning BD when I am ov-ing but I have heard it is meant to be good for conception and I would hazard a guess that Sunday is the day I will ov, so fingers crossed...

I don't know exactly why I feel this way but I don't think I actually want to start temping or taking supplements apart from folic acid (not yet anyway) - but I did consider maybe buying a CBFM for next month if this month doesn't work. Has anyone on here tried one? I keep hearing lots of positive stories about them.

Lady2188, I'm sure Kernow said she got lots of thick white CM in the 2ww before she got her BFP, so this could be a really good sign for you! Fingers crossed! xxx
  • Options
    P.S. Susiee I would love to take the zestica off your hands but you don't seem to have your email button activated so I can't email you about it! Would you mind sending me a quick email so I can give you my address etc.? xx
  • Options
    lol kernow xmas pud is great! my even have snow! how cute would that be! im due to ov in the next few days i think, so lots of pma atm, especially with all the bfp's floationg about! i hope they rub off on us lol xxx

tilty, yes im exactly the same! wil use my ov sticks, as of 2moro, but will not count days and especially in the 2ww, we r almost cycle buddies, so can keep eachothe sane during that time image

• Options
    Whoops, sorry Kernow our posts about the white CM overlapped there! Lady2188, I really hope it is a good sign. Your baby pic makes me laugh every time I come on here by the way - love it! image

mrs*me* that's great - it's good to have a cycle buddy trying the same approach at the same time! We can definietly keep each other sane in the 2ww. When do you think you are due to ov? My money is on Sunday for me (not that I'm temping so I won't know for sure but that is my guess!) xx

• Options
    well im not too sure, the last 2 months i have ov'd a little late (i think) hense getting ov sticks, so i have a better idea, they will be here 2moro so will ov test 2moro, but im thinking maybe sun, mon, tues, or weds? somewhere around there anyway lol. will probs need ur help with the ov sticks tbh, they seem hard work! xxx
  • Options
    Don't worry about OPKs - they're fine once you get the hang!

I normally test when I get home from work and don't pee for 4 hours beforehand if poss (yes this is tough but if you pee in the few hours beforehand it can affect the result).

I normally have a morning cuppa at 10:30 ish and another small one at 3:30 ish, go for my last pee at 2pm and test at 6pm as soon as I am home. Just don't drink huge volumes of liquid after lunch and you should manage to hang on for 3-4 hrs!

It's just getting used to what the lines look like that is the challenge as it can vary from day to day and from person to person. It's possible to get quite a noticeable line that is still a negative - when you do get a positive you will know as it will be as dark as the control line (it may be thinner than the control, but the colour will be very strong).

I am happy to post some pics of my positives if it helps but if you google it I'm sure there are websites that give you examples too.

Be warned that with cheapies the test line can take a while to appear - my cheapy ones can take up to 10 mins! So don't look at it straight away and assume it is negative - put it down somewhere, go and have a cup of tea and come back in 10 mins to be sure you are seeing the 'final' result.

If you are confused just ask and I will post pics / try to help! I confirmed all my positives in the first 2 months with CBDs (the ones that give you a smiley face) so I know they really were positives I was seeing! xx
  • Options
    I should say I also drink lots of water and tea when I first wake up and throughout the morning - the post above made it sound like I am just surviving on two cups of tea for the whole day!

I only limit liquids after lunch really and drink lots again as soon as I am home and have tested. xx
  • Options
    lol thanks so much tilty that really helps! will let ya no if i nee any pics image ooo im excited to poas and 2 lines wil come up! woohooooo! lol xxxxxx
  • Options
    *waves* hiya little miracle, and welcome image
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm on my 2ww and PMA is low this evening. Weird how it just hits you. I've been pretty perky all day until I found out that an ex-colleague who froze me out after I'd supported her through her first pregnancy is pregnant again.

I hate myself for being so bitter but I was her shoulder to cry on at work when no-one else knew and then by the time her DD was six months, I was no longer good enough [or perhaps not rich/posh enough to be her friend].

I find out through a mutual friend on FB. Damn FB!

Sorry, don't want to put a downer on all the good news flying around at the moment. Jay conceiving after 12 months and Susiee, conceiving when the odds are stacked against you ... this gives me hope. But I feel, right now, that this'll continue to happen for other people but not me.

• Options
    Hey girls...
    Susiee -I can't believe how much ttc stuff you did this month...well done. So happy for you that it finally worked

I'm pretty down today, not sure why just a, feeling a bit like bubbalicious, feeling like everythings against me which ridiculous thinking what some of you girls are going through!!! Xx
  • Options
    Bubblicious, I'm really sorry you're feeling down. Try to see it as a temporary thing though that has probably come about becuase of your (ex) friend's news. After everything that happened between the two of you news of her being pg is bound to knock you for six and make you feel down for a while. I often get these moments after someone I know gets pg / gives birth and I think it's entirley normal to feel this way. The trick is finding a way to let yourself feel down and the move on and get the PMA back, which is not easy...

I think the 2ww is the absolute worst time to get news like that too - I don't know about you but I always have laods of PMA around the time I'm ov-ing and then a few days into the 2ww it can just nose-dive becuase there's nothing more that can be done that month and it's just all about waiting. It relly is hard and I don't think there's any trick to feeling better... Stories like Jay's and Susiee's really do give hope though that it really can happen when you have practically given up / when you least expect it, so just becuase you are feeling low (even though it is an awful way to be feeling) still doesn't mean that you won't actually be pregnant soon.

*curls* I'm sorry you are feeling this way too. TTC must be one of the most emotional things there is to go through. I had no idea when I started out - I thought it would be such a happy carefree time! More fool me! Big (((hugs))) all round.

I am expecting my +ve OPK tonight as every symptom points to it and I got a pretty good line yesterday. So I reckon I will be ov-ing around Sunday. BD'd last night and am putting the rest of my faith in morning BD on Sunday this week (assuming hubby can be persuaded!) as I have not yet tried morning BD at the right time and have heard good things about it... Fingers crossed (although I have stopped actually *expecting* to get pg any time soon now and am more than prepared for AF already sadly! Here's to hoping though... xxx