Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BFP but red bleeding now :( UPDATE - losing hope

Hi

Not been on for a few days cos I wanted to just take a relax about the spotting I was getting before and after my bfp last week. Been using the cbd tests which have gone from Preg 1-2, Preg 2-3 d this morning Preg 3+ which I have obviously been delighted about. This afternoon though I have had some red bleeding (been pink before now). Called epau but they say they can't do anything till next week when I'll be 6 weeks as no heartbeat can be seen before then. Am kicking myself now cos I have just done another test which says Preg 2-3. Am I to assume my pregnancy hormones are decreasing and I'm going to miscarry again, or is it because you're supposed to test with fmu for an accurate conception indicator?

Feeling so rubbish. Thought we'd cracked it and now feeling no hope at all image Just terrible back pains. Will test in am tomo and if I don't get a preg 3+ I suppose i can prepare myself for what is to come image

Hope you're all ok xxxx

UPDATE 15.3.10
So upset. More bleeding yesterday. Did a cbd this morning and got a Preg 2-3 message which makes me really think preg hormones are reducing. Been to docs and nothing they can do until scan on Friday. Am dreading it as its going to be in the same room where we have been given bad news in the past about mcs. Body is playing tricks on me as am being so sick. Can't think of anything else at mo. Feeling so down. Knew my instincts were right from the start. Why? :cry:

[Modified by: MaybeBaby2 on 15 March 2010 16:12:02 ]

Replies

• Options
    Sweetie, you can't assume anything when it comes to pregnancy - thats the hardest thing I find :\)

Lots of pg women have spotting and go on to have very healthy baby's - it could well be that your bean is getting nice and snug.

Don't forget the conception indicator is just a rough guide so doesn't really mean anything, and you're right that FMU is much more accurate than an afternoon sample.

Sending you lots of hugs and a bucketful of lukck

xxx
  • Options
    Hon I had a full af when I was pregnant with lo, so try not to worry. My mum was almost 5 months pregnant before she found about she was carrying my sister as her afs never stopped until then. I also had 2 heavy bleeds during the first 12 weeks of preg and thought we'd lost him both times (second time I was rushed to a&e being told I'd miscarried but scan showed he was fine and he's now almost 16 months old).

So bleeding in preg is common & normal. Try not to worry about it (I know how hard that is though) and as rainbow says use fmu for your next test. Fingers are crossed for you that its a sticky bean just getting comfy xxxx
  • Options
    Dont know what to say to make you feel better but hang in there.Rainbow is right pregnancy is so complicated & also fmu is prob your answer to the drop on cbd.

Keeping everything crossed for you babes
    Annette xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies

Your posts really mean a lot. Trying to be as positive as possible. Feeling better since I tested this a.m. and got a Preg 3+ sign on a cbd. I can't believe how much ???? I've spent on these hpts. Just a little paranoid as have had multiple mcs before and really don't want to go through that again.

Really want to put my name down officially on the March bfp list but feel it's too soon if that make sene? Having an early scan at hospital on Friday, so hopefully should know more then. Fingers crossed we see a heartbeat.

Hope you're all ok and thanks again for your kind words,
    xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Glad the test came back good for you, our fingers are crossed for your scan on friday - take it you mean 19th? I'm being a little slow of late!

I'm sure everything will be fine but its normal to worry, especially if you've had mcs before. Sending hugs & baby dust xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Garfield.

Yep, scan on Friday 19th in the morning. It's going to be a long week! I will update wih any developments in the meantime.

Take care xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, sorry I must have missed this post, big congratulations and hope your scan goes well xx
  • Options
    Aww sweetie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Are you having a flow or just spotting? If you have a flow then I would suggest you go to A&E and then ask to be scanned, this is what I did even though I had a scan booked for the next day and then they wre able to tell me there and then. The only thing I would say though is to go in the morning, if you were to go now EPU would be shut so they wouldn't scan you today anyway, but tomorrow they might do iyswim?

Sending you lots of hugs

xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, hope the scan goes well on Friday for you, just wanted to point out that the CBD's are notorious for causing panic like that so take care of yourself and I hope to read your happy update on Friday xx
  • Options
    If the bleeding is that bad, present yourself at A and E and they should scan you now xxxx
  • Options
    Poor you. What an awful situation. My mother had periods until she was five months pregnant with both me and my brother. Please don't lose heart! I know it's really easy to say and so hard to do but try to relax and see how it goes on Friday. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes if you want.
    Xxx
  • Options
    So sorry hun hope everything is ok for scan on friday after your recent update.

xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies

I am sat at home feeling sorry for myself. Doc has signed me off work with 'early pregnancy complications' I have spoken to the hospital again too and they tell me there's nothing they can do before Friday. I think they're getting a bit cheesed off with me for being in touch so much, but I really feel like I know my own body better than they do. I'm sure they're just thinking I'm a paranoid wreck and yes, maybe I am to a certain extent, however I'm really sure something isn't right. image

I asked my husband to hide all the tests in the house this morning as I know what I'm like - keep testing and it's getting me into a right state. I'm really cross with myself for it and also cross with Clearblue as I feel they are preying on vulnerable women who've maybe had mcs in the past. What an expense for us. Know it's my fault really and it's me who's deciding to use them as they should be used with caution, but feel like they're laughing all the way to the bank at my expense.

Hormones and emotions all over the place as you can tell. Angry one min, and so upset the next. Not sure how I'm going to get through to Friday in one piece. Can't bear this limbo land. Wish they would just see me and tell me it's over, as in my heart I know it is.

Have been reluctant for a long time to post on the March bfp thread as my instinct has told me from the start there has been a problem and I haven't wanted to put a downer on such a positive thread.

When I'm feeling up to it, I will post news of how we got our bfp this month, as we did quite a few things differently.

Hope you're all well and so sorry for the long message xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    good luck for friday hun! xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks *me*
    How are you doing? xxx
  • Options
    Oh just wanted to say hi and hope you are feeling a bit better. Not knowing must be awful. Maybe everything will be ok, as many women do bleed through pregnancy. It might be still quite early to get a heartbeat as well. However, sometimes our instincts are right too and so maybe you are right. If so then I honestly don't know what to say. I had an early misc/ chemical preg before I had my son and the devastation of seeing a negative after seeing a positive preg test is just too awful.
    Have you had mc before? I suppose at least you know you are able to get pregnant, that's how I tried to get over mine and then I fell preg four months later and that was to be.
    Good luck x
  • Options
    hiya, yes im good thanks, random mid cycle AF has finished now! so gonna start BD again! im xtra positive about this month! *squeals* how is everything today? xxx
  • Options
    I have all my fingers crossed for you for Friday
    xxxx image
  • Options
    Hi, hope I can help. My ds is nearly 2 now and we're thinking of ttc in september. Anyway I had him when I was 19, he wasn't planned, but I wanted to keep him and I was devastated when started to bleed at 5 weeks. Carried on bleeding on and off, and had an early scan at 6+5 weeks - I was terrified and OH would not even go in with me as he didn't want ds - but there was a heartbeat!! But the bleeding didn't stop at all, if anything it got worse and after quite a heavy bleed and cramps I went to emergency docs (where I felt they didnt want to know!) and got booked for another early scan at 9 weeks and again lo was fine, had a heartbeat and moved around. I thought my panic was over but bled again at 11 weeks but this time they wouldn't give me another scan and I worried until I started getting a bump at 16 weeks ish. And everything was fine image Bleeding doesn't always mean you are going to mc and FYI I completely agree about Clearblue, I doubt the conception indicator is as reliable to indicate whether your hormones are decreasing because of MC, the only reliable indicator of how pregnant you are is a blood test or a scan. And I do think it just encourages women to do more and more tests to see how the pg is progressing...It's not right imo, but watch me when I'm pg, you try and keep me away from them, lol. Best of luck for friday, let's hope everything is ok. I have never had a mc and it is one of my worst fears xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all for your concern and for your words of encouragement.

Yes, before we conceived lo, we had 2 mcs and 1 chem preg. Firstly we mmc twins (was ill and had some spotting like now) and we found out at a scan (same place we are going to on Fri image

2nd was a mc, started bleeding and then pg was over image

After some investigations, it was found through some blood tests that I have what is known as 'sticky blood' which means that as of when a heartbeat can be seen, I need to take daily injections to thin my blood to prevent clots and to allow the passing of blood efficiently to the baby. I am to take aspirin too. As all of this was diagnosed before we managed to conceive lo in 2008, we felt all our pg problems had been solved as we went on to have a h&h baby. How wrong could I have been? There are so many other complications thaat can arise I realise now.

YoungMumGoneMad- sorry about your bleeding but hooray for the happy ending. What a traumatic time that must have been for you. It's giving me some hope, although since last night I have been getting worse lower back ache and some sharp stabbing pains in my lower tummy, as well as major AF style cramps. Also sorry for tmi but getting lots of brown stuff whenever I wipe. I'm so scared that I'm just going to start bleeding when I'm by myself today. Not sure if I can handle it. Wish they would just let me at the hospital to confirm its over, get me booked in for a d&c so I can stop worrying about it all and move on. image Some of you may think this is a little cold-hearted but I can assure you that I'm a very loving person, just so scared to go through bleeding again - really don't want to see it. Feeling very much on the edge. Don't think my body is going to last until Fri the way I'm feeling - so scared. Sorry for the downer but don't know what to do???

Hope you're ok xxxxxxxxxxx