Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1dpo - anyone want to go quietly insane with me? lol

Replies

• Options
    Right, so after sudden onset of "symptoms" yesterday I caved and tested this morning at 10/11dpo. It was a very very clear BFN - not even a hint of a line. Now I know it is early to be testing and that's not definitely me out of the game, but it's not looking brilliantly hopeful.

Having said that, I actually do feel much better for having tested (weirdly). I thought seeing a BFN would be hard but I think I am just someone who likes to 'know', as far as it is possible to, and I am glad I did the test as it will stop me going crazy *wanting* to test all day and wondering about every new weird feeling. I think now that my sickness, tiredness and backache may well just be AF on her way.

I won't entirely give up hope yet but am just trying to get lots of PMA together for the next cycle now, and hopefully a January 2011 baby! image Good luck to everyone else who it's looking a bit more hopeful for this month! xxx
  • Options
    Hello, Can I join please? Tilty directed me to this thread in reply to my 'symptoms' thread and it's interesting to see other's experiences.

I *think* I'm about 10dpo (not at all sure as came off pill in Jan and 11 weeks later still waiting for AF!! but I had a couple of days of feeling knackered, lots of CM (not EW though) spotty and moody and so thought it might be ovulation.

Anyway these are my experiences:
    - mild headaches (feel like a thick head rather than normal headache)
    -for the past 3/4 days lots of stomach twinges not cramps and not painful just noticeable. These are below my belly button but today have had some right down by my 'lady garden!!' sorry tmi. I think that might be too low for implantation twinges though?
    - lack of appetite and feeling full
    - was bloated but now that's gone down so again not a good sign
    -stuffy and runny nose (not at the same time obviously) for about a week that so far has not developed into my usual colds I get (but this could just be a mild cold)
    -really bad back ache - but this has been happening on and off for a while now (longer than 2ww but it's more constant now)

I haven't had any sore bb's (no matter how much I prod them to try and make them hurt!), not weeing all the time, no nausea and perhaps most importantly no spotting at all.

I think I'm going to test on Thursday but I'm not that confident as over the past 11 weeks I've managed to convince myself many times that I've had symptoms when clearly have not been pregnant!!

I'm also going to get some opk's online today so I'll know if I am ovulating in future.

phew, what a long post!

thanks for letting me share!

Baby dust to all
  • Options
    Hi there

How is everyone, this fine miserable day. What is the weather like.

Anyway, I dont know whether I have any symptoms other than that of AF. I think my boobs are sore but I think they were last month too. I'm really thinking I've missed it this month.

I have to confess too that I have tested 3 times and I'm only about 7 dpo. I'm going mad, I truly am - lol.

Will someone please slap me?

How's everyone else doing?

V xx
  • Options
    Evening all! And hi Kernow *waves*. Welcome to the madness! I had a good chuckle at your description of prodding your boobs to make them hurt as mine have been getting exactly the same treatment (with equally little success!)

Susiee, I think that next month I am going to order a pile of cheapy HPTs too. I thought it would stress me out more seeing BFNs, but I actually feel much calmer having tested this morning, because it means I'm not constantly *thinking* about testing but can just put it out of my mind.

I am starting to feel like AF is on her way now as I am getting mild cramps. I am definitely expecting her by Thursday, but will prob test again Thurs morning if it's no show by then. I do feel very 'AF-ish' though so I wouldn't even be surprised if it was tomorrow - I was checking every time I went to the loo today (TMI!) just in case!

P.S. Vicsy - three tests at 7dpo? Consider yourself well and truly slapped girl! :lol: (Although who am I to talk really, plotting my bulk HPT purchase for next month's early testing!) xx

P.P.S. My vivid freaky dreams have taken a huge turn for the better - last night I had no more nightmares but instead was smooching with a very willing Paolo Nutini! image:lol: These kind of dreams I will keep, lol! xx
  • Options
    Very jealous tilty - no such luck finding hot men in my dreams - but they are still very weird! In fact, my sleep has been pretty poor for the last few nights when normally I'm out like a light. Could this be a symptom I wonder??
    Very feel very happy to report that yesterday I had sore boobs and a little bit of a sicky feeling. Not so much today though so it could have all been in my mind. Hoping for more feelings of unwellness today but nothing so far.
    This last week I can tell is going to go very slow. AF not due till Sunday so hopefully I'll have a few more symptoms (real or made up!) to report this week. Determined not to test early this month but we shall see how strong my will power is every time I drive past Boots on my way home from work!!!
  • Options
    Hello ladies, and welcome to Kernow image

Sorry I haven't checked in much over Easter, been trying (unsuccesfully I might add!) to keep my mind off testing. I have been trying to keep a very close eye on my body and note down anything I have noticed that could be a vague symptom, no matter how small. Here goes:

- very odd dream a couple of nights ago that a swan flew in through a window down the hall (we don't even have a window in our hall). It was so vivid and realistic, I actually woke up in a panic, wondering how I was going to get it out. Hope I get a dream about Paulo Nutini rather than a deranged Swan next time :lol:
    - a slight, slight tenderness at the sides of my (.)(.), but that could be because I keep prodding them every hour or so :roll:
    - stuffy nose
    - increase in CM (creamy/ lotion like in consistency)
    - a few feelings in lower tummy but these could easily be gearing up for AF or even gas :roll: I don't know what's normal as I don't usually pay much attention to what my body tells me.
    - ravenously hungry, and I mean ravenously!
    - tummy more bloated than usual (but have been stuffing myself)
    - was boiling hot in bed last night, had to take everything off and sleep with the window open

When I say I have unsuccesfully tried to keep my mind of testing, what I actually mean is that I caved and tested both yesterday (8dpo) and today (9dpo), both using FMU with First Response Easy Read :roll: Both were the most negative tests you could ever expect to see, not a hint or a suggestion of a line on either :\?

To make matters worse (TMI alert!!), last night I BDed with hubby and when I went to the bathroom afterwards I noticed an amount of pinky bloody tinged 'stuff' on the loo paper. Now ordinarily that would probably be a good sign at 8/9dpo (poss implantation bleeding?) but I have a short luteal phase (around 10 days) so taking it as a very discouraging sign that the witch is about to make an appearence :evil:

Feeling pretty fed up today to be honest and just want that bloody witch to come if she's going to, so I can start cooking up plans for next month. I usually don't ov until around CD20 so feels a long time to wait. I will probably use up my remaining FRER tests tomorrow AM and Weds, but not holding out much hope of a BFP any more.

I do feel a bit fed up if i'm honest, we tried everything this month...

Best of luck to the rest of you. Still hoping for some BFPs from our lucky thread! xxxx

• Options
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in... This is my 1st post and I'm also going crazy even though i think i'm only 4po! We've only been trying since Feb when we got married, and i never realised what a horrible wait it is! I keep imagining symptoms and am so glad to have found this site - i don't feel quite so crazy now! Good luck to everyone. image
  • Options
    Hi Susiee, just seen your post (we must've been typing them at the same time, lol). I am not a fan of the cheapie tests, I prefer the first response ones or superdrug's own brand are supposed to be good too. Having said that I've never had a positive result on any test yet so what do I know, lol.

I too have been having a bit of creamy CM, from what I have read on the internet this could be either a symptom of preg or of AF arriving. It still drives me bonkers that most of the symptoms are the same. I don't understand why, if you are pregnant, you can't just get a symptom that's really obvious, like your tummy button going bright blue, or your nipples going from round to square. hahaha!

xx
  • Options
    Hi HopefulMummy, welcome to our thread. You're in good company with the crazy symptom spotters here! The 2ww drags, but has been great SS with the ladies, look forward to chatting with you (and hopefully seeing your BFP announcement!)

Susiee - I would like to say that I am going to hold off with testing for another couple of days. I have a short luteal phase, so expect AF to turn up at some point tomorrow. It would be sensible for me to wait to see if she does and then test on Weds if not. Having said that, 'sensible' is not a word I would associate with myself during the latter stages of the 2ww so I am sure that I will be digging out one of my remaining 2 FRER tomorrow morning just so I can see that single pink line again. Nothing like a bit of self harm, lol.

In my head I know that a neg test at 9dpo doesn't mean you're out of the game, but keep thinking that i'd surely somehow *know* if I was pregnant, and I really don't. Humpf!!

So - are you testing tomorrow? I'll be keeping everything crossed for you

xx
  • Options
    Hi Girls

Sarah, I love your idea about the blue tummy or square boobs, I think that would be so much better. When I read your last post it was like reading my own. I know realistically it's highly unlikely to get a posititive this early and the only line mine had was in the wrong direction until it disappeared. I even researched pregnancy tests today and I've realised that your Hgc level goes up every 48 hours ish so it's best to leave it for a couple of days before testing. I just want to know now though lol.

Tilty, it's not fair about your dreams, I've had a couple of strange ones now too. I can't remember what it was last night but I woke up thinking oh my god I'm going mad, it did have a baby in it though.

Susie, Kernow and hopefullmummy, it's so annoying that the symptoms are so much like our AF's its just not fair. When are you guys all testing again?

As for symptoms for me, I've had the CM as a few of you have had which I've never noticed before and sore boobs (no prodding here though - he he). Also had some cramp and some pulling and shooting feelings. Not sure if this is womb or my colitis lol.

Well I'm not going to test until Sunday (my period is due on Monday) I wonder if I can hold out. Anyone wanna hold out with me?

Sarah do you use something on your i-phone? I'm using something but not sure if it's the best one.

Sorry for the long post

V xx
  • Options
    Hi Vic, don't worry about the long posts, all mine are - I love to ramble on! image

I am just using the notes app on my iphone to keep a track of my 'symptoms' and of course, updating them on this thread if they're worth mentioning.

I think the hard thing for me this month is just generally not knowing what is normal for my body post Ov and what's not. I had a contraceptive implant in for a couple of years and just got out of the habit of listening to my body and what (if anything) it is trying to tell me.

A good example of this is stomach cramps - now I wouldn't say I have had cramps exactly, nothing painful anyway, but I have had a few fluttery feelings now and again and I can't confidently say I know what they are - they could just be wind as far as I know, lol.

I just hope that I have kept a close enough eye on things to have a better idea for next month, as i'm pretty sure I'm out for April.

Will try and hold off testing again until Thursday which will be 11dpo. Surely something would show on a FRER by then?

Sxxx
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

I know what you mean. I'm 36 and never wanted children until my 36th Birthday for some bizarre reason. I never ever listened or noticed things that was going on. The boob thing is odd as I'm getting twinges and I havne't had much feeling since I had a reduction but again it could be just I didn't notice before.

I think I'm going to try and wait until Sunday or even Monday when AF is due. I know I'll never do it lol. I can't wait to hear from you on Thursday.

I use I think it's called i period or something, it's really good you can make notes and log symptoms and it tells you when your period will be due and when your fertile time is. All of which we know but it has nice little dinky things on too. lol

Have you noticed that you are more emotional? I almost cried at Nanny McPhee yesterday, if I wasn't at the pics I would have honest. I'm terrible.

Anyway, saying all of that I do feel like I'm out too and looks like its going to be 2011.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us still. you never know, we could end up being bump buddies, he he. Can you imagine being stuck with me. Shame.

V xxx
  • Options
    Hi Vic,

I would love to be stuck with you in DID, I think it would be brilliant to have bump buddies that you knew before you knew, if that makes sense! image

Sounds good about the (.)(.) twinges, especially if you've had a lack of sensation up until now. I swear I feel the slightest tenderness on the sides of my boobs, and they don't feel altogether comfortable when I lie on them in bed or leg it up the stairs without a bra on but again, they could always be like this before AF as far as I know, it's just I've never noticed until now.

My PMA has totally gone since I spotted the pinky discharge last night at 8dpo - made me paranoid that my luteal phase is getting shorter and shorter. If I come on before the end of tomorrow I might have to get to my GP and see if there's anything he can recommend to lengthen it. Surely if I only get 7 or so days when an egg could reasonably implant, and implantation usually takes place between 6 - 12dpo, that leaves one measily day when it could happen, and that's if it was really speedy. Surely its never going to happen then? :evil:

Sorry for the rant, someone slap me - I have zero PMA today and feeling fed up :\?
  • Options
    Hey all,

I caved in and tested today and got a massive, definate BFN! I'm thinking it's still early and I did it on a one hour wee mid morning but I've lost my confidence now! Esp as not even sure I did ovulate.

My stomach twinges have gone, as have headaches so now think that they were unrelated to a possible preg.

I had had some weird dreams - one where someone stole all the drain pipes down our road and one where I got lost on a school trip to London (I'm a teacher) in an underground station and max Branning from eastenders was also a teacher at school and he had to rescue me! But none the last 2 nights .

The only other weird thing is last night I thought the area around nipples was much bigger and darker and more veiny (tmi) but when I asked husband he couldn't really see a difference so think I was imagining that! Also on left bb the pores seem to have really enlarged and look like lots of little holes but when I googled that, there was no link to preg symptom just breast cancer, so now I've scared myself silly (have checked for lumps etc and none so feel a bit better!!! There's a lesson not to randomly google symptoms!) btw I'm sure it's not breast cancer!

It's so strange as these things may always have been there but I never paid attention before ttc!

I'll still test on Thurs but think I'm just going to be back to waiting for either O or AF.

On a seperate note I was googling about coming off pill last night and apparantly only 0.1% of people don't get a period within 3 months so one more week and apparantly I'm in that 0.1%. Rubbish!!! And then my confidence in my body and ttc will be 0!

SarahBear - could the spotting have been implantation spotting (i've read that implantation can happen between 6-12 days after O so that's a real possibility?)

xx
  • Options
    Hey all,

I caved in and tested today and got a massive, definate BFN! I'm thinking it's still early and I did it on a one hour wee mid morning but I've lost my confidence now! Esp as not even sure I did ovulate.

My stomach twinges have gone, as have headaches so now think that they were unrelated to a possible preg.

I had had some weird dreams - one where someone stole all the drain pipes down our road and one where I got lost on a school trip to London (I'm a teacher) in an underground station and max Branning from eastenders was also a teacher at school and he had to rescue me! But none the last 2 nights .

The only other weird thing is last night I thought the area around nipples was much bigger and darker and more veiny (tmi) but when I asked husband he couldn't really see a difference so think I was imagining that! Also on left bb the pores seem to have really enlarged and look like lots of little holes but when I googled that, there was no link to preg symptom just breast cancer, so now I've scared myself silly (have checked for lumps etc and none so feel a bit better!!! There's a lesson not to randomly google symptoms!) btw I'm sure it's not breast cancer!

It's so strange as these things may always have been there but I never paid attention before ttc!

I'll still test on Thurs but think I'm just going to be back to waiting for either O or AF.

On a seperate note I was googling about coming off pill last night and apparantly only 0.1% of people don't get a period within 3 months so one more week and apparantly I'm in that 0.1%. Rubbish!!! And then my confidence in my body and ttc will be 0!

SarahBear - could the spotting have been implantation spotting (i've read that implantation can happen between 6-12 days after O so that's a real possibility?)

xx
  • Options
    Hi girls

Sarahbear, you need to keep that positivity up. Rant all you want petal, it's better out than in. I agree with Kernow, it could be implantation we'll all keep our fingers crossed though. If not though, then I think the docs is a good idea, at least they can advise you what to do for the best. We all want to make sure our bean has the best possible chance. I know what you mean about being in there with someone you know. Is this your first?

Kernow, your dreams sound more exciting that what mine was, I just get random things - lol.

The thing I read today about HCg levels was really interesting (I'm really sad I know) but it said about the levels doubling so Thursday would be good because if you were the levels would have increased.

You made me laugh about google, I stopped doing that because I think I'd had most diseases on earth he he. I think because we don't notice things before ttc we don't quite know for sure what is right and whats not. Hopefully though, none of us will be around in here long enough to answer that question.

xxx

• Options
    Hi folks,
    Sarahbear I also have the edge of boob pain - only slight and couldn't wuite work out if i was imagining it in bed last night, but def feels a bit tender. My prob is i haven't really paid attention to signs before normal AF, so i could just be reading into these 'symptoms' and it'll turn out to be a normal cycle...
    Here's what I've had so far:
    sore bbs at edges
    cramps
    wierd pain yesterday (3dpo) right on tummy button. quite painful but then went away
    spotty face image

I def have ov'd as fertility friend has put a coverline on my chart and temps are all above so far. I wish i wasn't wishing time away, but i am!
    i already have 3 early pg tests in a drawer upstairs... don't know how long i should wait! FF says i could be due around 17th (i vary betwee n29-33 days per cycle). When is a good average dpo to test girlies??

It's strange - i never thought i'd want to feel poorly but i really really do!

p.s. what is cm supposed to be like at 4-5 dpo? I keep googling but going to stop as it's all confusing me totally.
  • Options
    HI Hopefulmummy

It's awful how we wish our lives away isnt it?

I have had some of the same things than you have. I had a really sharp shotting pain below my belly button and it really took my breath away.

Sorry that's about as useful as I am. I don't know about CM after ov I thought you didn't get any to be honest, but I've been getting some CWM (sorry tmi) but it was just really creamy but that seems to have gone now.

I would say to wait as long as you can, I think implantation can be from 6-12 days if that gives you any help.

V xx
  • Options
    Cheers Vicsy - ooh glad someone else has had the tummy button thing. was really strange!
    Hmm so i'm prob imagining these things then if implantation hasn't happened yet. I can't stop thinking how amazing it'd be to have a little xmas bundle though... Had to stop myself going down the baby clothes aisle in asda this morning!
    At least we can all symptom spot together, hey?
  • Options
    I've done the same, have looked at push chairs too lol. I'm so not maternal either. I think my family will fall off thier chairs when I finally get my BFP.

I've also had some more CM (stretchy this time - sorry tmi) which is a little odd but I probably haven't noticed it before.

This waiting is awful isn't it?
    V x